Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Journalist Who Exposed Soccer Corruption In Ghana Shot Dead! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Journalist Who Exposed Soccer Corruption In Ghana Shot Dead! (1445 Views)

His Name Is Aziz Mirza, The Man Who Exposed Hushpuppi And Woodberry To The FBI / Lady Kills The Only Son Of A Woman Who Exposed Her For Stealing In Imo (Graphic) / Nigerians Hail Oyinbo Lady Who Exposed Her Abusive Boyfriend With A Secret Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journalist Who Exposed Soccer Corruption In Ghana Shot Dead! by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
A journalist who exposed corruption in soccer in Ghana was killed by two gunmen, an attorney for his employer told CNN.
Ahmed Hussein-Suale was near his home Wednesday in the Accra suburb of Madina when two men on a motorbike pulled up next to his car and shot him at close range, according to the lawyer, Kissi Agyebeng.

The journalist died instantly after being shot twice in the chest and in the neck, Agyebeng said.

Ghanaian police have not responded to repeated CNN calls about the killing.
Hussein-Suale worked for the Tiger Eye PI organization run by investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
In a statement, Tiger Eye PI said Hussein-Suale had received death threats after recently finishing work on a documentary that exposed bribery and corruption in African soccer.
The undercover investigation led to the resignation of the head of the Ghana Football Association.
Anas reacted to the news about his colleague's death in a tweet, saying: "Sad news, but we shall not be silenced. Rest in peace, Ahmed."

Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo called the killing a "heinous crime" on Twitter.
"I have learnt with sadness of the killing of Ahmed Hussein-Suale. ...," he wrote. "I condemn the act unreservedly and extend my condolences to his family. I expect the police to bring to book, as soon as possible, the perpetrators of this heinous crime. ..."

Agyebeng, the lawyer for Tiger Eye PI, told CNN that Hussein-Suale started to receive threats after a member of Ghana's Parliament exposed the undercover reporter's identity on live television and encouraged viewers to attack him.
The lawmaker, Kennedy Agyapong, showed pictures of Hussein-Suale and revealed the neighborhood where he lived in an interview on TV channel NET 2.
"That boy that's very dangerous, he lives here in Madina. If you meet him somewhere, break his ears," English subtitles on the video quoted the lawmaker as saying.
CNN has not been immediately able to reach the politician for comment.
Agyapong, a member of Ghana's ruling New Patriotic Party, can also be heard in the video offering to pay for anyone who attacks Hussein-Suale.
The lawyer said, "We complained at the time he released the video. He said in the local language he was offering a reward for anyone who would beat him up. He endangered a young man's life, and now this has happened. He has questions to answer."

Source: https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/01/17/africa/ghana-undercover-journalist-ahmed-dead/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Re: Journalist Who Exposed Soccer Corruption In Ghana Shot Dead! by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
This is mean. Just cause of football?
Re: Journalist Who Exposed Soccer Corruption In Ghana Shot Dead! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
AGNESikpuNNU:
This is mean. Just cause of football?
Not just football. It was about bribery and probably match fixing which is as dangerous as drug cartels.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Who Exposed Soccer Corruption In Ghana Shot Dead! by sukerefakere(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hmmmm

Rave in the grave
Re: Journalist Who Exposed Soccer Corruption In Ghana Shot Dead! by Elliot2(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2021
AGNESikpuNNU:
A journalist who exposed corruption in soccer in Ghana was killed by two gunmen, an attorney for his employer told CNN.
Ahmed Hussein-Suale was near his home Wednesday in the Accra suburb of Madina when two men on a motorbike pulled up next to his car and shot him at close range, according to the lawyer, Kissi Agyebeng.

The journalist died instantly after being shot twice in the chest and in the neck, Agyebeng said.

Ghanaian police have not responded to repeated CNN calls about the killing.
Hussein-Suale worked for the Tiger Eye PI organization run by investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
In a statement, Tiger Eye PI said Hussein-Suale had received death threats after recently finishing work on a documentary that exposed bribery and corruption in African soccer.
The undercover investigation led to the resignation of the head of the Ghana Football Association.
Anas reacted to the news about his colleague's death in a tweet, saying: "Sad news, but we shall not be silenced. Rest in peace, Ahmed."

Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo called the killing a "heinous crime" on Twitter.
"I have learnt with sadness of the killing of Ahmed Hussein-Suale. ...," he wrote. "I condemn the act unreservedly and extend my condolences to his family. I expect the police to bring to book, as soon as possible, the perpetrators of this heinous crime. ..."

Agyebeng, the lawyer for Tiger Eye PI, told CNN that Hussein-Suale started to receive threats after a member of Ghana's Parliament exposed the undercover reporter's identity on live television and encouraged viewers to attack him.
The lawmaker, Kennedy Agyapong, showed pictures of Hussein-Suale and revealed the neighborhood where he lived in an interview on TV channel NET 2.
"That boy that's very dangerous, he lives here in Madina. If you meet him somewhere, break his ears," English subtitles on the video quoted the lawmaker as saying.
CNN has not been immediately able to reach the politician for comment.
Agyapong, a member of Ghana's ruling New Patriotic Party, can also be heard in the video offering to pay for anyone who attacks Hussein-Suale.
The lawyer said, "We complained at the time he released the video. He said in the local language he was offering a reward for anyone who would beat him up. He endangered a young man's life, and now this has happened. He has questions to answer."

Source: https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/01/17/africa/ghana-undercover-journalist-ahmed-dead/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Hello. Can I please have your attention?
Re: Journalist Who Exposed Soccer Corruption In Ghana Shot Dead! by Franzinni: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
Africans haha

What do you call a CAN of AFRI?

in Africa, freedom after speech isn't guaranteed.
Re: Journalist Who Exposed Soccer Corruption In Ghana Shot Dead! by IvarDboneless: 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
Is this real or fake

(1) (Reply)

UNN 1st Class Student Chukwuemeka Akachi Commits Suicide, Drops Note / "My Joystick Was Too Big To Penetrate Her" – Says Man Caught With Teenage Girl / Winners Chapel Pastor, Afolabi Sent To Prison For Stealing $90,000 From Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.