Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? (2383 Views)

Buhari Receives His Portrait From Nigerians In Ethiopia As Gift / Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara In Ethiopia (Photo) / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by Ethioguy: 1:35am On Aug 14, 2010
Hi guys

I heard that there are Nigerian Jews in Nigeria, is this true?
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by Ikengawo: 1:36am On Aug 14, 2010
yeah, there as jewish populations amongst the Igbo in the south east that had been their before colonialism. a lot of igbos believe their tribe has links or origins in israel but i personally don't believe it.
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:37am On Aug 14, 2010
Ikengawo:

yeah, there as jewish populations amongst the Igbo in the south east that had been their before colonialism. a lot of igbos believe their tribe has links or origins in israel but i personally don't believe it.
here we go again. . .
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by Ikengawo: 1:41am On Aug 14, 2010
here we go about what? that i answered his question?

also Ethio guy, a huge retarded argument is about to break out, your question has been answered, 90% of what you're about to read will be illiterate and nonsensical

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by ikeyman00(m): 1:42am On Aug 14, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@

we had jews but they all dead, we dnt need them again
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by wirinet(m): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2010
There is nothing like Nigerian Jews. If fact no Nigerian tribe heard of the word JEW before christianization of Nigeria by the Europeans. Of course some Igbos attempt to claim Jewish ancestry, based purely on religious sentiments and not on academic studies, just because their history do not go beyond five centuries.

How can anyone claim Jewish ancestry, without any cultural, religious, archeological, historical, language, literary, religious or any other connections.
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by marcus1234: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2010
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2010
^^^^
yes there are lost jews in nigeria . the ibos in southeast nigeria are jews and catholics at the same time! :-)
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by Dede1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2010
Ethio_guy:

Hi guys

Yes, there are Christians, Culturists, Muslims and, of course Jews in Nigeria.
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by Dede1(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2010
ziddy:

^^^^
yes there are lost jews in nigeria . the ibos in southeast nigeria are jews and catholics at the same time! :-)

This is a shameful display of brazen ignorance.
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by AndreUweh(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2010
Ethio_guy:

Hi guys

@the poster: Do you mean Jews as in religion or Jews as an ethnic group?.
Before your answer, I want you to know that Judaism is practised in Nigeria. I know a synagogue in Aba and some worshippers as well.
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2010
The Europeans have messed with the truth. The Ethiopians are not Jews, they are what the "Jews" wish they are. The people called "Jews" in Ethiopia are having their history annexed to that of Europeans who wished they were the chosen ones which they ain't. No chosen ones. Jews as in a religion are everywhere in Nigeria but the Africans in these areas are not your European "Jews". They are Africans with history that predates "Jews". If you want to talk about Jews in sense of religious practitioner, yeah they are in Nigeria. If you want to talk about Jews in terms of ethnicity no there  are none in Africa. How "Jew" became an ethnicity is beyond me. Asians, Africans, etc,  practiced the religion in ancient times.How they became Israelites beats me a ton. It's like people in future exclusively calling themselves Christians as a name for their ethnicity.
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by somalian: 1:20am On Aug 15, 2010
I don't know about Jews living in Nigeria, but I have met some Ehiopians that claim to be Jews in Addis Ababa.
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by rasputinn(m): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2010
Yes,there's a sprinkling of all races in Nigeria,Goodluck Jonathan is a jew,Seun is a Jewish,I'm a jew.It's only becomerich that'e Lebanese
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by Chiddysville(m): 10:44am On Aug 15, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by LKBddon: 11:38am On Sep 29, 2015
yes we have Jews here in Nigeria and Africa
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by bmxshop: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2015
The Answer is No. All civilization started from Africa. It's more likely they came from us than otherwise.

The lack of documentation on African culture and history is the main cause of most of this distortions.
Re: Are There Any Black Jews In Nigeria Like The Flasha In Ethiopia? by shotster50(m): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2015
I am an Igbo and I can tell you for a fact it is wishful thinking not backed up by an iota of scientific evidence..

(1) (Reply)

Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi / State Peer Review Mechanism: Anambra In Focus / Reno Omokri's Tweet Retweeted Over 3k Times, Sets Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.