Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Mourinho Reveals What He Told Chelsea Owner In Order To Sign Drogba - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Reveals What He Told Chelsea Owner In Order To Sign Drogba (507 Views)

I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt / Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Relinquishes Stewardship Of Club / What Hazard Told Chelsea Team-mates In Whatsapp Group Before Real Madrid Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Reveals What He Told Chelsea Owner In Order To Sign Drogba by newsynews: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
Former Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho has revealed how he convinced Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to sign Didier Drogba from Marseille in 2004.

According to Mourinho, he simply told Roman Abramovich to "pay and don't speak" when he mentioned Drogba as the strike he wanted signed.

The Portuguese stated this ahead of his “forthright opinions” on the Premier League match between Arsenal and Chelsea on Saturday.

After the discussion with the billionaire, Drogba became one of Mourinho’s first signing at Stamford Bridge. He scored 157 goals in all competition for Chelsea and won lots of domestic and international trophies during his time at the club.

“Drogba is the kind of guy who is so loyal that he never forgot that I took him from Marseille to the Premier League, where he was not even expected, because he didn’t start very young at that level,” Mourinho told beIN SPORTS.

“He had already played for Guingamp, Marseille, Le Mans, so when I took him to Chelsea I remember clearly Abramovich was asking me, ‘Who? Who do you want as a striker?’

"Wth all the big names in Europe at that time I said Drogba. ‘Who is he? Where’s he playing?’ (I said) ‘Mr Abramovich – pay. Pay, and don’t speak.’
“And Didier was an iconic player for Chelsea, for the Premier League.”

http://www.purplefeel.com/2019/01/mourinho-told-chelsea-owner-sign-drogba-marseille.html?m=1

Re: Mourinho Reveals What He Told Chelsea Owner In Order To Sign Drogba by oluwatosink: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
True talk Man.. Drogba is An icon And you are a good coach.. smiley
Re: Mourinho Reveals What He Told Chelsea Owner In Order To Sign Drogba by decatalyst(m): 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
This gamble dont always work.

Fergie gambled on Bebe and that dude was the flop of the century!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Emiliano Sala’s Found Following Search For Missing Striker / Manchester United To Double Rashford’s Wages / Champions League Last 16 Power Rankings: Who Is The Most In-form Team?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.