Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt (61005 Views)

Samuel Eto'o: I Prefer Mourinho's Style To Guardiola's / (picture) 13 Years Ago, Zinedine Zidane Headbutted Marco Materazzi / I Prefer Yemi Alade To Davido - Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by fergie001: 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I351INkIZw
Former Italy defender, Marco Materazzi, has opened up on the headbutt he received from former France midfielder Zinedine Zidane, in the 2006 World Cup final.

Zidane, who was France’s captain at the time, was given a red card after the incident during extra time, which Italy went on to win on penalties.

It was Zidane’s final game as a player, as he retired immediately after the 2006 World Cup.

However, Materazzi has now opened up on the incident revealing precisely what he said to Zidane.

When asked what he said to Zidane that made the Real Madrid legend headbutt him, Materazi said on IFTV Podcast, “Trash talking, my trash talking was nothing. He [Zidane] offered me his jersey, and I said no, I prefer his sister.”

@SOURCE

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by Freshtruth(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2023
Zindane acted childishly wetin dey there? Just be like wey dem tell small pikin say I go like knack your mama the pikin go begging vex. Now tell a grown up man say I go like knack your mama he take am as normal gimmick talk because as an adult you should know is a football world cup final and zindane should had use is initiatives.
If I were France Football federation president I will never give zindane d french job cause he cost them a world cup trophy and brought shame to the Nation at large. angry.
Matarazzi pls try and find zindane sister or daughter number make sure u knack her wella do a veido and send to zindane

50 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by Hannaz(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2023
Ah! The famous headbutt. He deserved it though, wont let any trash talk my siblings in my presence

356 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by fergie001: 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
My best player of all time... Zizou!

157 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by imoh4king(m): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
Source

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by Amotolongbo(f): 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
He knows himself that was a thrash which can only come out of a bin.

Imagine how that silly statement just changed the course of the tournament and deprived us all of enjoying the rest of Zidane. Of course, Zizou wasn’t planning to retire before the incidence.

Some tongues are more destructive than the nuclear weapons

195 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by brain54(m): 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
As I recall…

The head butt was during a game…

How can zidane offer his jersey during a match?

This head butt story has so many versions to it with both players saying different things.

Abegi!

348 Likes 27 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by fergie001: 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2023
brain54:
As I recall…

This head butt story has so many versions to it with both players saying different things.

Abegi!
He was personally marking Zidane in the Italian box and was all over him. So Zidane asked him: "Why are you all over me, do you want my jersey (in Italian - Zizou played in Juve for about 5 years)

271 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by Freshtruth(m): 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hannaz:
Ah! The famous headbutt. He deserved it though, wont let any trash talk my siblings in my presence
your sister might be giving a 19yr old BJ in the university who is an internet fraudster undecidedas we speak

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by rickpat(m): 9:23pm On Apr 08, 2023
I thought it was "son of a terrorist" he called zidane..hmmm..na wa..either ways..Italy won the world CUP

8 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by Freshtruth(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
fergie001:

He was personally marking Zidane in the Italian box and was all over him. So Zidane asked him: "Why are you all over me, do you want my jersey (in Italian - Zizou played in Juve for about 5 years)
be like say you dey field with them to know all this Ninja I carry gbola for una

28 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by fergie001: 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
Freshtruth:
be like say you dey field with them to know all this Ninja I carry gbola for una
Zidane was punished with 3 days Community Service 'cos that was his last game. All these were stated at the Disciplinary Committee.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by tonicyril: 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
Zidane didn't behave like a seasoned African...he behaved childishly and who knows maybe that is what caused his team's loss., Who knows maybe the match wouldn't have reached penalty shootout, who knows if even if it eventually reach PKs, maybe Trezequez wouldn't be the one to take that penalty...who knows..

If a real african thick skinner, if materazzi had told me that I would simply reply him by saying..."Just like I fvck Ur m*m*..". .it might be offensive but believe me, materazzi would be the one to recv the red card instead cus he would not be able to consume it grin

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by dfrost: 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
brain54:
As I recall…

Abegi!

But a part of the story that hasn't changed is the fact that Marco made that statement about Zizou's sister.

7 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by brain54(m): 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
fergie001:

Ok I see…

Zidane in his own account claimed materazzi called his sister a who.re.

I think zidane’s account his more believable. Why head butt someone just because he says he prefers your sister when both of them were obviously trash talking.

Maybe the heat of the moment though. Who knows?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by Westerhoffe(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
That Mate of a guy self…

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by brain54(m): 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
dfrost:

But a part of the story that hasn't changed is the fact that Marco made that statement about Zizou's sister.
Zidane said he called his sister…

Or mother ( I am not sure which) a who. Re!
Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by fergie001: 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
brain54:

Ok I see…

Zidane in his own account claimed materazzi called his sister a who.re.

I think zidane’s account his more believable. Why head butt someone just because he says he prefers your sister when both of them were obviously trash talking.

Maybe the heat of the moment though. Who knows?
Yes, you are correct.

6 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by brain54(m): 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
tonicyril:
Zidane didn't behave like a seasoned African...he behaved childishly and who knows maybe that is what caused his team's loss., Who knows maybe the match wouldn't have reached penalty shootout, who knows if even if it eventually reach PKs, maybe Trezequez wouldn't be the one to take that penalty...who knows..

If a real african thick skinner, if materazzi had told me that I would simply reply him by saying..."Just like I fvck Ur m*m*..". .it might be offensive but believe me, materazzi would be the one to recv the red card instead cus he would not be able to consume it grin
Exactly…

If that’s all Matt really said then zidane over reacted !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by Urbanchampion: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
This is nothing new, I heard it in the sane 2006. It was said that Materazi tugged Zidane shirt, Zidane told him to wait after the match, that he would have the shirt. Materazi responded that he didn't need Zidane shirt, but his sister

11 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
See the statue here ⬇️⬇️⬇️

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by Rahkman: 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
grin please who be that zidane sister ...wey this mad man throw away world cup wey him Don nearly win for??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by tydi(m): 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
Him for kick the matarazzi blokos join.

3 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by thesicilian: 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
17 years later, one is an accomplished manager, the other has gone into obscurity.

Nothing in this life is do or die...

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by brain54(m): 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
dfrost:

Zidane claims he said something similar…

But not exactly the same.

It could be language translation problem too. Zizou isn’t originally Italian!

10 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by babyfaceafrica: 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
Materazii lacks class

3 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by Eriokanmi: 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
Imagine grin. Those of us who watched that match that day thought the guy called him a terrorist, wondering what could have caused Zidane to headbutt him. What a childish behaviour

15 Likes

Re: I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt by emmabest2000(m): 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hannaz:

That can't be the famous headbutt joor
See the one below

But that headbutt causes Zidane a lot
If you no get it
Forget it grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Atletico Madrid Players Ran Back To Defend Counter Attack In UCL(Photos / 5 Footballers You Never Knew Have Killed Before / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.