Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Man Reveals He Stole To Raise Money For Marriage Rites - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Reveals He Stole To Raise Money For Marriage Rites (463 Views)

I Stole To Survive - Ondo Pastor Friday Okeneji / I Stole To Pay A Debt - Suspected Thief Caught In Edo Confesses / I Stole To Raise Money To Feature Davido Or Runtown In My Music - Car Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Reveals He Stole To Raise Money For Marriage Rites by gistblogger: 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
A man has revealed to a Sharia Court in Dutse, Jigawa State that he decided to steal so as to raise money for his marriage rites.

The 32-year-old man identified as Usman Adamu, was on Friday sentenced to three years imprisonment for steeling mattress at Yalwawa quarters in Dutse local government.

The Sharia court Judge, Ibrahim Yusuf Harbo found him guilty of the two-count charge of burglary and stealing, which is contrary to section 193 and 148 of the penal code.

Harbo sentenced Usman Amadu to one year imprisonment with option of N20,000 fine on first charge and two years imprisonment with option of N20,000 fine on the second charge.

The prosecutor told the court that some of the stolen items included mattress, stoves, Iron, shoes, among others.

Usman Amadu said he stole the items to meet some of the demand of his fiancée.

He explained that she waved almost all the things mostly done before weeding, asking him to provide only N30,000.

“She asked me to provide N30,000 only and I have N19,000. I don’t have other means of getting the balance, so I decided to steal the and make the balance,” he stated.

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/man-reveals-he-stole-to-raise-money-for-marriage-rites

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Missyb3
Re: Man Reveals He Stole To Raise Money For Marriage Rites by fredopareto(m): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
interesting...anyhow..front page.
Re: Man Reveals He Stole To Raise Money For Marriage Rites by Elukapendragon(m): 10:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
Never steal to please anyone... Not even your wife!

(1) (Reply)

INEC Office Set On Fire In Rivers State (photos) / Man Kills, Buries Lover After Scamming Her Of N530,000 / Suspected Thug Demola Beaten During Elections In Lagos, To Be Prosecuted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.