Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Five Things We Should Take Advantage Of - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Five Things We Should Take Advantage Of (265 Views)

Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. / If You Wish To Have A Better 2021, Stay Away From These Five Things. / What Are The Things We All Do But Do Not Admit Doing Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Things We Should Take Advantage Of by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:23am On Jan 20, 2019
Hello guys, it's good to see you around again. I want to believe we are all having a good start for 2019 already. Well for me, I am trying not to lag behind because life is no movie which implies no room for rewind. We just have to grow through what we go through.

This post brings to us another edition of my FIVE POINTS COLLECTIONS. This time, I bring to us an excerpt from the sayings of one of the greatest man that has ever lived. Someone who was ranked by Micheal H. Hart in 1978 as the number one most influential hundred in the world with his reason as stated thus "he was the only man in history who was supremely successful in religious and secular levels" for his ranking.

Kindly relax as your surf through the five points we need to take advantage of.

LIFE: This as we all know is the very basis that determines our existence of either being dead or alive (DOA). However, different faiths have their various underlying believes and understanding as to the origin and rights we have even over our own lives. However, this post is driven by the interest of making and taking advantage of our lives before certainty encroaches which definitely is DEATH! This is one thing some of us never want to hear, death!, the only thing that it's probability for everyone is one. Every other things in life will give us a second chance but not for the terminator of pleasures and desires, death. We therefore need to realise that our lives is a treasure which maximum value should be given to it.

We cannot live forever, this makes it important to make the best use of it while we can like adding value to ourselves and others, help people, stand for what is right, good and just, make contributions  positively in any where we find ourselves and more importantly dedicate it to remembering and worshiping the creator to whom is our final return.

We should remember that "part of the journey is the end" as stated by Robert Downey Jr in Avengers four (End game) trailer. We should therefore take advantage of our lives for a worthy ending.

YOUTH: Before you can be a youth, one must have lived a number of years as a prerequisite to fall into the category. According to Merriam Webster dictionary, it defines youth as "a teenage boy or young man". At this stage of our lives, at least for a good number of people, they become independent, take personal decisions, and do a lot of things by themselves. This stage can either make or mar an individual and therefore need to take advantage of this period by making good use of it before OLD AGE drives in and we are left with nothing but weakened bones, less tensed muscles, wearing off of joints and many more. Our youthful life cannot be overemphasized to be our most useful life.

This is a period to enjoy life at its utmost, engage in lot of activist work, endure much life struggles and challenges, strong enough to worship truly as ones faith allows and many more. For many others too, this is the period they decide to invest their lives in drugs, promiscuity, and other acts frowned at by the society. We should therefore make our youth count positively like money!

HEALTH: A popular saying saying goes thus "health is wealth" but for me, infact health is every single thing. Wealth is just a fraction of our lives which is however not evenly distributed. Therefore, I can summarily say "health itself is life!" But however this cannot be guaranteed not to depreciate once in a while. We need to take advantage of this when we have good and sound health as against when we become ILL. Being healthy is the best time to work, play, eat, involve in activities, exercise, study, travel, worship, visit your friends and loved ones amongst other things.

There is definitely no one that doesn't fall ill, it may however not be as common and frequent compared to some other people. This makes us slower, less efficient, weak and sometimes can be more serious. We therefore must engage in acts that's will help enhance and not deteriorate our health just as we make good use of it before illness knocks.

FREE TIME: Recently I watched a video on LinkedIn which had Bill Gates and two other men discussing. Bill Gates said to one of them that he always claims to be busy but has a quite number of unoccupied spaces in his diary. Then the third man checked through his diary to check which was true just as Bill Gates had said. Then the man in question summarily said "he has the money to buy anything he wants save time". He further emphasised that he definitely needs some time of his own. This scenario simply paints the importance of having a free time and making use of it well before we totally become preoccupied.

Let us attend to others need, function in a group or committee, help people with possible solutions when they complain to us, build ourselves, enjoy with with our families and friends, remember and worship our creator while we are quite free and available before becoming occupied with a number of things. During those periods, people will understand at least a good number of them because one has been forthcoming before then.

WEALTH: No one wants to be POOR because at least some of us wants to buy Benz, not a bad idea as long as it is through a clear and safe means not fetish and dubious one. We want to be the next Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga, Folorusho Alakija, Tony Elumelu, Warren Buffet, Bill gates and the list continues. Wealth is something we need to take advantage if we have been blessed with it even if some may argue that they worked really hard for it. No doubt, but their are also a number of people who have worked harder but you know what? They are just okay or I'll say comfortable and for some even far less.

We should use this vantage to help others, do charity, support a course, sponsor someone, help the needy, destitute and orphans and if possible create opportunities for others too. The thing is, life is not a bed of roses and at times things may not always be sweet. It may not be for long and in other cases it could be. Whatever we have done out of sincerity without expecting favours in return from those people will surely and definitely pay us back.

This post is basically to make us reflect, think and rethink about the favours in which we might have been abusing. The five headings discussed may not always be readily available for us, and we should therefore take advantage when we are blessed with them.

I hope you enjoyed this, see you around.

BALOGUN IDOWU ISMAHEEL
IndigenousGenius
400L, Medical students, LASUCOM.

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank Nigeria To Establish 50,000 Xpress Points In 2019 – MD / Who Are You Voting For? Buhari Or Atiku - Online Poll / Coworking Space:office Space Foxxymobile Enugu Nigeria 07088373560

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.