Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

A Wrong Time For Nigerian Leaders To Be Arrogant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Wrong Time For Nigerian Leaders To Be Arrogant (328 Views)

Nigerian Leaders Like Men In ‘Drunken Stupor’ – Kukah / A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria / Arrogant Wike Thinks PDP Can't Win Osun Without Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Wrong Time For Nigerian Leaders To Be Arrogant by Husky14: 1:33am On Jan 20, 2019
A Wrong Time for Nigerian Leaders to be Arrogant.

Atiku, in his mind, justified his absence in today's debate on grounds that Buhari did not make it for the event. Left for me, that is a perfect example of 'Arrogance' at work. Because, he probably thought the debate would be a platform to reveal to the masses what we already know — that Buhari is a failure. To make it concise, Atiku displayed gross arrogance today because he thought having a 'word battle' with Buhari was more important than presenting his blueprints to millions of Nigerians made out time to listen to him.

On Buhari side, he simply 'redemonstrated' his sheer incompetency today. Do not try to 'cook up' stories on why he was absent because for whatever reason he did not participate in today's debate simply showed that he neglects the audience and desires of millions of Nigerians. If the reason for his absence is health-related then it calls for our concern and prayers. However, a president who cannot plan ahead and receive the necessary medical attention prior to this day is not fit to be the president of the giant of a continent.

What about other candidates? The truth is that, going by the perplexity that characterize our politics, today's presidential debate will have an insignificant effect on the outcome of the presidential election. The reason is simple; none of them can individually pull the numbers needed to win the election. If you followed the debate, you would agree with me that these candidates(Muoghalu, Durotoye, and Ezekwesili) have wonderful(and similar) ideas on how to bring the desired change in Nigeria. The interesting but unfortunate thing is that even when these candidates have similar ideas on how to move us to the right lane, they failed to reach a consensus among them. It simply tells you that 'Arrogance' had a field day by stopping their coalition. Just think of how formidable Moughalu/Durotoye or Durotoye/Ezekwesili presidency would have been. Such coalition backed with concerted and consistent grassroots campaigns would have won hearts of many Nigerian youths especially in the south. And while APC and PDP divide the Northern votes, the 'ego-conquered' Coalition would most likely win because they would sweep votes from the South. Unfortunately, we lost that golden opportunity because they(Muoghalu, Ezekwesili, Durotoye and Sowore) could not resolve their differences to form the needed coalition.

As an engineer and someone who have been deeply involved in victorious campaign before, I know the significance of numbers in politics. And sadly, none of these candidates(Muoghalu, Ezekwesili, Durotoye and Sowore) can separately pull the needed votes to win the election.

To be realistic, the two parties contesting are APC and PDP. And I feel PDP is a better option because I know Obi will likely make more net positive change in Nigeria than his APC counterpart. I say this not because I don't know that Atiku will be the chief decision maker but because I know that Obi is not someone you can easily coerce into conforming with policies against his belief. On the other hand, Osibanjo is a great man with nice ideas but he is not radical enough to resist the influence of cabal in Aso rock that is why we are still where we are today.

My humble submission.
God bless you as reflect on the state of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Wrong Time For Nigerian Leaders To Be Arrogant by Flattino(m): 1:43am On Jan 20, 2019
[s]
Husky14:
A Wrong Time for Nigerian Leaders to be Arrogant.

Atiku, in his mind, justified his absence in today's debate on grounds that Buhari did not make it for the event. Left for me, that is a perfect example of 'Arrogance' at work. Because, he probably thought the debate would be a platform to reveal to the masses what we already know — that Buhari is a failure. To make it concise, Atiku displayed gross arrogance today because he thought having a 'word battle' with Buhari was more important than presenting his blueprints to millions of Nigerians made out time to listen to him.

On Buhari side, he simply 'redemonstrated' his sheer incompetency today. Do not try to 'cook up' stories on why he was absent because for whatever reason he did not participate in today's debate simply showed that he neglects the audience and desires of millions of Nigerians. If the reason for his absence is health-related then it calls for our concern and prayers. However, a president who cannot plan ahead and receive the necessary medical attention prior to this day is not fit to be the president of the giant of a continent.

What about other candidates? The truth is that, going by the perplexity that characterize our politics, today's presidential debate will have an insignificant effect on the outcome of the presidential election. The reason is simple; none of them can individually pull the numbers needed to win the election. If you followed the debate, you would agree with me that these candidates(Muoghalu, Durotoye, and Ezekwesili) have wonderful(and similar) ideas on how to bring the desired change in Nigeria. The interesting but unfortunate thing is that even when these candidates have similar ideas on how to move us to the right lane, they failed to reach a consensus among them. It simply tells you that 'Arrogance' had a field day by stopping their coalition. Just think of how formidable Moughalu/Durotoye or Durotoye/Ezekwesili presidency would have been. Such coalition backed with concerted and consistent grassroots campaigns would have won hearts of many Nigerian youths especially in the south. And while APC and PDP divide the Northern votes, the 'ego-conquered' Coalition would most likely win because they would sweep votes from the South. Unfortunately, we lost that golden opportunity because they(Muoghalu, Ezekwesili, Durotoye and Sowore) could not resolve their differences to form the needed coalition.

As an engineer and someone who have been deeply involved in victorious campaign before, I know the significance of numbers in politics. And sadly, none of these candidates(Muoghalu, Ezekwesili, Durotoye and Sowore) can separately pull the needed votes to win the election.

To be realistic, the two parties contesting are APC and PDP. And I feel PDP is a better option because I know Obi will likely make more net positive change in Nigeria than his APC counterpart. I say this not because I don't know that Atiku will be the chief decision maker but because I know that Obi is not someone you can easily coerce into conforming with policies against his belief. On the other hand, Osibanjo is a great man with nice ideas but he is not radical enough to resist the influence of cabal in Aso rock that is why we are still where we are today.

My humble submission.
God bless you as reflect on the state of Nigeria.
[/s]

Re: A Wrong Time For Nigerian Leaders To Be Arrogant by netpro(m): 1:52am On Jan 20, 2019
The winner of the debate was Buhari. It was proved beyond every reasonable doubt that he is the only one that matters in this election. Others are just in it for the side attraction.

The biggest loser is Atiku. Whatever goodwill he got from visiting US as Saraki's aide, was flushed away the moment he left the venue without participating.

1 Like

Re: A Wrong Time For Nigerian Leaders To Be Arrogant by Optional09: 3:08am On Jan 20, 2019
AAC Omoyele Sowore remains the only credible candidate in this presidential election, check him out on YouTube if you have any doubt
Re: A Wrong Time For Nigerian Leaders To Be Arrogant by RIHMEEK(m): 3:12am On Jan 20, 2019
OP u really hit the nail at the head!! That not withstanding, Breaking the "Chains" issa must...

1 Like

Re: A Wrong Time For Nigerian Leaders To Be Arrogant by Nobody: 3:41am On Jan 20, 2019
[s]
netpro:
The winner of the debate was Buhari. It was proved beyond every reasonable doubt that he is the only one that matters in this election. Others are just in it for the side attraction.

The biggest loser is Atiku. Whatever goodwill he got from visiting US as Saraki's aide, was flushed away the moment he left the venue without participating.
[/s]

Re: A Wrong Time For Nigerian Leaders To Be Arrogant by adelee777: 4:04am On Jan 20, 2019
In a country where the ratio of humans to beasts is high one of the three candidates that came for the debate would be the favourite to win the election. That nation, unfortunately, is not Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Future Not In Retired Generals’ Hands — Oshiomhole / Buhari’s Govt Demands Onnoghen’s Resignation As CJN / Ezekwesili Attacks Acpn’s Decision To Support Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.