Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? (1350 Views)

Defence And Interior Ministers Hold Meeting With SE Governors, Leaders In Enugu / Nnamdi Kanu Will Kill The Atikuobi Project Sooo Sad / TRENDING: Social Media Agog Over ‘atikuobi Herbal Cleanser’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by WisdomFlakes: 7:56am On Jan 20, 2019
I am observing a worrying trend in both regions in respect of the upcoming presidential elections. Why aren't we seeing solidarity rallies in support of Atiku/Obi in both the SE/SS, as we have been seeing in the North and SW for Buhari/Osinbajo? I feel the PDP SE governors and political establishment are not doing enough nor showing enough enthusiasm towards the ATikuObi ticket and this I find very worrying. What is going on out there?

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by DrGoodman: 8:01am On Jan 20, 2019
The difference is joblessness.

Ss and se are busy with making cash and living well, we'll come out and vote on election day. Let the jobless be screaming sai barber upandan until election day.

Better to strike on the D day.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by RealityShot: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2019
Those who know a ship is sinking DON'T cling to it.

SE was not consulted before picking OBI!

OBI doesn't represent SS nor do they favour him.

VOTE BUHARI for continuity

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by MetaPhysical: 8:09am On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:
I am observing a worrying trend in both regions in respect of the upcoming presidential elections. Why aren't we seeing solidarity rallies in support of Atiku/Obi in both the SE/SS, as we have been seeing in the North and SW for Buhari/Osinbajo? I feel the PDP SE governors and political establishment are not doing enough nor showing enough enthusiasm towards the ATikuObi ticket and this I find very worrying. What is going on out there?

Those in SE/SS who would troop out for Atiku can already see the handwriting on the wall.

When you promise to sell NNPC to private investors you threaten the livelihood of the nation. When private owners take over all guarantees of security and commitments will be open to review and renegotiation. The deals will be favorable to the private investors, not Delta....which means more militancy in SS. The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces will be forced to intervene and protect private holdings he sold. He must meet force with force. This will open SS for its own insurgency and generate need for arms race - Defense-Industry.

If SS turn to a hot bed, SE will be impacted.

Moreover, how do you restructure Nigeria if you plan on selling NNPC? There is conflict of interest. Atiku is so HYPER-DESPERATE for power that he uncontrollably spills out what ought to remain close to his chest. grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Luckylife(m): 8:20am On Jan 20, 2019
RealityShot:

Only zombies that will vote Buhari because the curses of the innocents citizens senselessly killed because of cow are tormenting their lives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by bluecircle470: 8:45am On Jan 20, 2019
DrGoodman:

Ss and se are busy with making cash and living well, we'll come out and vote on election day. Let the jobless be screaming sai barber upandan until election day.

Campaign during election day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by WisdomFlakes: 8:46am On Jan 20, 2019
DrGoodman:

Really? But the same SE people held frenzied rallies in support of Nnamdi Kanu in the heydays of his agitation for Biafra, are you saying those people were all jobless? Come on. A lot of traders were willing to down their tools to show solidarity for Nnamdi Kanu simply because they believed in his vision and agitation. Are you saying that Igbos/SE don't find Peter Obi's candidacy inspiring enough to atleast organize solidarity rallies in support of his ambition? You lots have more to gain if AtikuObi wins the presidency. Your simplistic rationalization doesn't make sense.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by TIGRITIS: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2019
Luckylife:

Only zombies that will vote Buhari because the curses of the innocents citizens senselessly killed because of cow are tormenting their lives.
Incoherent.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

Have you any record of South east doing political rally before? They don't do rally, they only attend your rally if you bring it to them.

Has PDP held any rally in the south east?
Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by WisdomFlakes: 9:00am On Jan 20, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Have you any record of South east doing political rally before? They don't do rally, they only attend your rally if you bring it to them.

Has PDP held any rally in the south east?

All these excuses are not making sense to me. I'm tilting towards Atiku candidacy. But something is just not right with that region's lackluster support, except maybe online. We just have to objectively admit that the level of mobilization for AtikuObi even in Obi's Anambra state is mediocre at best. Igbos are holding roadshows in Peckham for Atiku, but can't take the initiative to organize a solidarity rally for him in Anambra at Nnewi township stadium? Talk something else abeg.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

All these excuses are not making sense to me. I'm tilting towards Atiku candidacy. But something is just not right with that region's lackluster support, except maybe online. We just have to objectively admit that the level of mobilization for AtikuObi even in Obi's Anambra state is mediocre at best. Igbos are holding roadshows in Peckham for Atiku, but can't take the initiative to organize a solidarity rally for him in Anambra at Nnewi township stadium? Talk something else abeg.

Was there any rally for their beloved Jonathan? They don't leave their business for nothing serious.
Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by stev120(m): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2019
RealityShot:

so Buhari represent south east and south south better..abi.??...
Hmmm....weed dey smell..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by WisdomFlakes: 9:18am On Jan 20, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Was there any rally for their beloved Jonathan? They don't leave their business for nothing serious.

O.k now I get it. In a nutshell, Peter Obi doesn't remotely inspire the level of adulation that the average Igbo had for Nnamdi Kanu. Thanks. Well noted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

O.k now I get it. In a nutshell, Peter Obi doesn't remotely inspire the level of adulation that the average Igbo had for Nnamdi Kanu. Thanks. Well noted.

You seem not to follow news in the south east or your brain isn't working fine.

Has there been any rally for Nnamdi that he didn't call for?

Any day Pdp campaign train land in the east e go shock you.
Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:23am On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:
They didn't do much during the primaries too, in fact they worked against ATIKU but he still won!

Look beyond them and you will see Buhari money or harassment working behind the scene!

The Ndigbos have no respect for any of them!!!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Hector09(m): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2019
Its only an idle man that we shouting sai baba or atikulate on the road i better shout gunners for life at my leisure time than to mentions these demons in human form
Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by obailala(m): 9:33am On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

Those rallies you talk about need to be organised by someone, and it usually cost money. Also, PDP is typically in the business of doing colourful rallies where people are paid, given bright coloured uniforms and different groups attend with unique attires; those PDP rallies cost a huge amount.. But this time, cashflow is the problem, PDP no longer has the key to the CBN vaults.

Another point to note is that people in the south (unlike northerners) always need some encouragement (money or gifts) before they leave their businesses to come witness politicians spewing trash. PDP doesnt have the financial war chest for that now, so they're waiting for the weeks closer to the election to organise their rally.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by globemoney: 9:51am On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

Peter Obi is not popular in SE. And also all SE governors rejected his choice as Atikus running mate. This has been said severally on this platform

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:10am On Jan 20, 2019
globemoney:

Peter Obi is not popular in SE. And also all SE governors rejected his choice as Atikus running mate. This has been said severally on this platform

Haba Chino Nwannem you guys should forgive and support Obi biko
Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by rusher14: 10:20am On Jan 20, 2019
angry

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by senatordave1(m): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Haba Chino Nwannem you guys should forgive and support Obi biko
Nna eh,for the umpteenth time,atiku will fail in ss/se.people are not inspiredor motivated by his candidacy.there will be abysmal turnout on Feb 16.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by gidgiddy: 10:50am On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

Really? But the same SE people held frenzied rallies in support of Nnamdi Kanu in the heydays of his agitation for Biafra, are you saying those people were all jobless? Come on. A lot of traders were willing to down their tools to show solidarity for Nnamdi Kanu simply because they believed in his vision and agitation. Are you saying that Igbos/SE don't find Peter Obi's candidacy inspiring enough to atleast organize solidarity rallies in support of his ambition? You lots have more to gain if AtikuObi wins the presidency. Your simplistic rationalization doesn't make sense.

Most Igbos and other tribes in the SE/SS don't care about the politics of Nigeria, at least at the presidential level anyway. What can really inspire any right thinking person about Buhari and Atiku? Both men have operated at the presidential level of government and failed woefully. Atiku was a hopeless vice president with a string of corruption allegation against him and Buhari has proved a clueless tribal bigot.

Nobody in the SS/SE is going to hold any solidarity for Buhari or Atiku as both men represent failure. Buhari may get solidarity rallies in the North because all they care about up there is being in power

At least Nnamdi Kanu offered freedom, change, a new begining and hope. These are things is that matter to the SS/SE, not who will become the next president of a failed "one Nigeria"

That's why people will troop out in solidarity with Kanu but nobody will waste time with Atiku/Obi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by livelymatilda22: 11:19am On Jan 20, 2019
DrGoodman:

Those that came for Gov Umahi and Orji Kalu 's campaign are from where?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by livelymatilda22: 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
DrGoodman:

Is this not campaign from South east? Are they all jobless too?

Stop lying and tell us why Atiku is not campaigning in South East.

You can only fool yourself and your likes..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Edavi234: 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

Guy calm down. Politics in the south is taking a serious turn for good - especially the SS.

No time for noise making, rally and campaigns - everyone is hustling.

I have seen the Wike campaign busses pass through my area sometimes and one even blocked me along aba road last week, I just blow my horn make e commot..

A lot of us do have our pvcs now and know who to vote for - no noise making.

PDP ALL THE WAY..

But till then, my brother, na hustle all the way.. no time for jagajaga.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by livelymatilda22: 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
Edavi234:

Guy calm down. Politics in the south is taking a serious turn for good - especially the SS.

No time for noise making, rally and campaigns - everyone is hustling.

I have seen the Wike campaign busses pass through my area sometimes and one even blocked me along aba road last week, I just blow my horn make e commot..

A lot of us do have our pvcs now and know who to vote for - no noise making.

PDP ALL THE WAY..

But till then, my brother, na hustle all the way.. no time for jagajaga.
No time for jagajaga indeed.... Are these pictures from Zamfara or South east?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Edavi234: 12:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Is this now campaign from South east? Are they all jobless too?

Stop lying and tell us why Atiku is not campaigning in South East.

You can only fool yourself and your likes..

SE and SS are PDP strong hold just like SW is APC.

A smart opponent will do what PDP is doing now.

I am from the SS and my PVC and vote is for PDP so why come to me again and ask me to vote for you (PDP ) when you should be investing your time and resource elsewhere to grow your voting chances?

No need to make noise, on that day na to waka go vote and get out.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by overall90: 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
And why is Tinubu not campaigning for Buhari?
i thought he handed everything about his campaign to him.
Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Ganduri: 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

Bros calm down, Atiku has not done any rally in the South East this far. Besides how many Igbos do you see in Political rallies?. How many rallies do you see the governors conducting? Talking about Obi, he is not a man of frivolities. It beats me how some people think rallies can change the mindset of people or intentions of people to vote a candidate. Come to Kaduna South, there are no PDP rallies, no noise, people are just going about their duties, while patiently waiting to cast their votes against the APC. In some parts its not about rallies. People know exactly who ruined our economy, who has show preference fpr cattles ovwr their lives and so on. No be by rally.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by livelymatilda22: 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
Edavi234:

SE and SS are PDP strong hold just like SW is APC.

A smart opponent will do what PDP is doing now.

I am from the SS and my PVC and vote is for PDP so why come to me again and ask me to vote for you (PDP ) when you should be investing your time and resource elsewhere to grow your voting chances?

No need to make noise, on that day na to waka go vote and get out.
But Apc will campaign in all Norther and South western state despite being their strong hold.....

You don't have any excuse... Hope you know that IPOB will reduce their votes?
Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by senatordave1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ganduri:

Bros calm down, Atiku has not done any rally in the South East this far. Besides how many Igbos do you see in Political rallies?. How many rallies do you see the governors conducting? Talking about Obi, he is not a man of frivolities. It beats me how some people think rallies can change the mindset of people or intentions of people to vote a candidate. Come to Kaduna South, there are no PDP rallies, no noise, people are just going about their duties, while patiently waiting to cast their votes against the APC. In some parts its not about rallies. People know exactly who ruined our economy, who has show preference fpr cattles ovwr their lives and so on. No be by rally.
Buhari will divide south south

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With SE/SS Regional Support For Atikuobi?? by Edavi234: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
livelymatilda22:

But Apc will campaign in all Norther and South western state despite being their strong hold.....

You don't have any excuse... Hope you know that IPOB will reduce their votes?

The last time I checked PDP is still campaigning in the north and SW which is very much ok and a good strategy.

I only gave my opinion which does not cancel the fact that PDP will still do the needful in the SE and SS when the time comes - it's a process.

APC can do what ever they want. IT'S IN THERE RIGHT.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Server: Atiku Calls Microsoft, IBM, Oracle To Testify / The Megawatts Of Hatred Against The Fulani Cost More Than $16 Billion! / How Rauf Aregbesola Gave His Full 1 Month Salary To Slapping Senator Abbo 7 Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.