Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

How Can We Serve Humanity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can We Serve Humanity? (278 Views)

Leadership A Call To Serve Humanity / How Can We Serve You Better In 2019? - Advice, Suggestions / Benue APC Lawmakers Serve Governor Ortom Impeachment Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can We Serve Humanity? by Elbinawi: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2019
How Can We Serve Humanity?

One of our leaders, Sheikh Abdulrahman Yola, drew my attention to the acute sufferings of the less privileged and downtrodden in our society and the need for a Trust Fund to help then.

I informed him that last year I wrote an article on the need to have a Poverty Alleviation Trust Fund of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria that will assist those in extreme poverty. This Trust Fund will cover all Nigerians - Sunni Muslims, Christians and followers of African religion all included.

Humanity is the universal set of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria. Shia Muslim is one of the sub-set. Sunni Muslim is one of the sub-set. Christian another sub-set. And followers of traditional African religions another sub-set.

Today Nigeria is the extreme poverty capital of the whole world. More than 90 million Nigerians are in extreme poverty. Then how many millions are in poverty itself? The question is how can we help these our brothers and sisters?

The fundamental essence of the #Husseini creed is service to humanity. All struggles and sacrifice should be geared towards service to humanity.

Another catastrophic problem is the more than 10 out-of-school children in Northern Nigeria. What is the Islamic Movement in Nigeria doing to address this massive societal problem? The Fudiyya schools of the Islamic Movement is a natural platform to address this problem. But the Fudiyya schools are down, though some are still functioning but they are down. How can we resuscitate these schools and give free scholarship to some of these out-of-school children?

Then the problem of High School graduates whose parents are poor and they can not proceed to the university and other high institutions of learning. How can we help them? Some years back the son of my neighbor came to our house and showed me his WAEC result for completing high school. It was a good result. I asked him "What next?" He started crying that he can not go to the University because his parents are poor. I told him my father died before I gained the University admission but I sponsored myself through the university. I advised him to learn a trade and go to the university. One year later this same boy came to our house smiling that he is now a Mechanic for Bikes and he just secured admission to the university. I advised him to work hard and after his university education he should help his poor parents and sponsor his younger ones to school. Today that boy is the bread winner of his family.

The main cause of the prevalence of armed banditry in Northern Nigeria is the issue of these out-of-school children. Do you hear of armed bandits in Southern Nigeria? No, because more than 90% of their children are in school. Today armed bandits are ravaging North West Nigeria.

Another issue that need our attention is the scourge of drug addiction. This is a huge threat to progress and development. Chronic drug addicts are useless to their families and society. How can we help?

I know the finances of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria is over-stretched due to the burden of taken care of more than two thousand orphans who are products of the brutal and inhuman Saudi-sponsored #ZariaGenocide, the numerous court cases imposed by the Buhari regime and the huge hospital bills for the injured and the Living Martyrs. But we can still do something. Where is that Abdul Fadl Abbas spirit that even when our two hands are cut off we will continue to struggle?

On a Final note, we should not only be followers of Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky but also his Ansars (Helpers). #FreeZakZaky

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Obasanjo’s Concerns Have Vindicated Our Stand – PDP / Sen. Sheu Sanni Reacts To Bandits And Kidnappers Terrorising Zamfara & Katsina / Obasanjo Haunted By His Past – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.