Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Way To Salvation: Through Religion Or Self Righteousness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Way To Salvation: Through Religion Or Self Righteousness? (415 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Way To Salvation: Through Religion Or Self Righteousness? by tallfish145(m): 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Please i need an answer to a very confusing question. Its unfortunate that the world we are living in now is full of sin and iniquities capable of preventing one from seeing God, the creator. Since we commit sin or go against the wish the wish of the creator, either consciously or unconsciously,how can one get the mercy of God, i mean be saved from the pit of hell after life here on earth?
Does belonging to certain religion guarantees ones salvation or the life we live on earth? If religion is the only way to salvation, then how about differences in the doctrines or belief of many religion, for example Christians believed that Jesus is the way to salvation unlike other religions,like that believed that either Jesus nor Mohammed or any other prophets of God can take you to heaven but your good deeds on earth.
I need an urgent answer. Thanks
Re: Way To Salvation: Through Religion Or Self Righteousness? by OpenYourEyes1: 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
tallfish145:
Please i an answer to a very confusing question. Its unfortunate that the world we are living in now is full of sin and iniquities capable of preventing one from seeing God, the creator. Since we commit sin or go against the wish the wish of the creator, either consciously or unconsciously,how can one get the mercy of God, i mean be saved from the pit of hell after life here on earth?
Does belonging to certain religion guarantees ones salvation or the life we live on earth? If religion is the only way to salvation, then how about differences in the doctrines or belief of many religion, for example Christians believed that Jesus is the way to salvation unlike other religions,like that believed that either Jesus nor Mohammed or any other prophets of God can take you to heaven but your good deeds on earth.

Belief in a God helps. I tried being righteous without God but failed miserably. It didn't help me resist most my addictions and primitive instincts.
I rationalized evil as a non-believers... for example I would do something evil and believe it was for a good cause or for my survival.
Since I became a believer I now have self control and have become less self-centered. I nolonger indulge in my sinful addictions. I no longer rationalize evil. Evil is evil to me no matter how good its intention is.
Re: Way To Salvation: Through Religion Or Self Righteousness? by princy80(m): 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Salvation from what exactly?? Were you born into bondage? First they tell you you are a sinner then they offer you salvation. Religion might be the biggest scam ever. They tell you you have an imaginary disease(throwing fear into your mind) and then offer you a cure which you gladly take believing that you are sick. It's simply a mind thing.

Religion is good anyways, so long as you are not encroaching on people's free will. At least it makes some people happy, hopeful and optimistic in life cheesy until reality hits them
Re: Way To Salvation: Through Religion Or Self Righteousness? by xproducer: 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
@ tallfish145 - To refute @ princy90, human beings are, since the fall of man, typically born into sin - therefore, if we would see eternal life and not destruction because of sin, we need to be saved, and only the Lord JESUS CHRIST saves.

"As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one;" - Romans 3:10, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," - Romans 3:23 (also Isaiah 64:6).

The exception is those whom the Lord GOD mercifully saves from the womb (like Jeremiah, etc).

Neither religion, nor one's efforts/self righteousness can cleanse us from sin - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

GOD alone has to truly cleanse us (Matthew 19:24-26, John 1:12-13, Romans 9:15-17).

So we cry unto Him for mercy (Isaiah 55:6, Isaiah 55:7), while constantly reading the Holy Bible ("So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17 ), and paying constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

We should all cry out to the Lord GOD, make conscious effort to do right - God helps us by His grace -, and hope is His mercy and ability to impute His righteousness to us because of the personal sacrifice that He, in the Person of the Lord JESUS CHRIST, made - standing in the place of many that were lost. He is our righteousness (Jeremiah 33:16).

Peace and blessings.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

tallfish145:
Please i need an answer to a very confusing question. Its unfortunate that the world we are living in now is full of sin and iniquities capable of preventing one from seeing God, the creator. Since we commit sin or go against the wish the wish of the creator, either consciously or unconsciously,how can one get the mercy of God, i mean be saved from the pit of hell after life here on earth?
Re: Way To Salvation: Through Religion Or Self Righteousness? by Oshin56(m): 12:02am On Jan 21, 2019
Religion will not take you to heaven the only thing that can make man to see heaven is your good work
Re: Way To Salvation: Through Religion Or Self Righteousness? by tallfish145(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
xproducer:
@ tallfish145 - To refute @ princy90, human beings are, since the fall of man, typically born into sin - therefore, if we would see eternal life and not destruction because of sin, we need to be saved, and only the Lord JESUS CHRIST saves.

"As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one;" - Romans 3:10, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," - Romans 3:23 (also Isaiah 64:6).

The exception is those whom the Lord GOD mercifully saves from the womb (like Jeremiah, etc).

Neither religion, nor one's efforts/self righteousness can cleanse us from sin - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

GOD alone has to truly cleanse us (Matthew 19:24-26, John 1:12-13, Romans 9:15-17).

So we cry unto Him for mercy (Isaiah 55:6, Isaiah 55:7), while constantly reading the Holy Bible ("So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17 ), and paying constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

We should all cry out to the Lord GOD, make conscious effort to do right - God helps us by His grace -, and hope is His mercy and ability to impute His righteousness to us because of the personal sacrifice that He, in the Person of the Lord JESUS CHRIST, made - standing in the place of many that were lost. He is our righteousness (Jeremiah 33:16).

Peace and blessings.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are hundreds religion in this world,which Christianity is one of them, does that mean you cant make heaven believing in the christian bible?
Re: Way To Salvation: Through Religion Or Self Righteousness? by xproducer: 6:07am On Jan 22, 2019
I am unequivocally saying...

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:5-7

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

++++++++++

tallfish145:
There are hundreds religion in this world,which Christianity is one of them, does that mean you cant make heaven believing in the christian bible?

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Jesus Rode On A Donkey Instead Of Horse To Jerusalem / Justin Bieber Urges Fans To Turn To Jesus When Battling Anxiety / Name Of Jesus Powerless Against The Church Of Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.