Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? (1418 Views)

"Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" / Religion Or Science? / Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by elated177: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Do you think that our forefathers accepted the Good News of the Kingdom of YHVH Almighty - what people call "whiteman's" religion? I don't think they actually did.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
Our forefathers already had their own religion and gods.
Eledumare is not same with Yahweh of shasu tribe and esu is not devil, there’s no where in Yoruba tradition where eledumare and esu fought, the same way Yahweh and his devil fought in Middle East tradition.
Yahwh called himself Israelite god, what else do you want? He is literally isrealiete god.
Eledumare is our Yoruba god. You praying to Israelite god to help you in Yoruba land is crass.
And If not for Roman Catholic with the help of crusaders, nicene Chrestianity won’t have spread.

ELohim is different from Yahweh, you can even see it in IsraEL grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by budaatum: 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
Which "forefathers"?

My great grandfather abandoned the Ifa he got from his father for Islam which arrived before Christianity or Europeans. He preferred that they had a book, and he sent his children to learn to read.

His son, my grandfather followed tradition by abandoning Islam for Christianity when it arrived. He preferred that they had a book that could be read and he sent his children to learn to read it.

My father, true to his forefathers, continued the tradition by reading the books and discovering that those who live by bread alone will become malnourished, so he fed his own children with books from everywhere so we don't end up in any.

I, fed on books, learnt they are to be read to be understood instead of believed unless one likes trembling.

Our religion, if it may be call one, passed down from 3 generations of forefathers to me, is, Read To Understand, because that will make you grow and evolve than if you merely gullibly believe all you read in a book.

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:
Eledumare is not same with Yahweh of shasu tribe and esu is not devil, there’s no where in Yoruba tradition where eledumare and esu fought, the same way Yahweh and his devil fought in Middle East tradition.
Yahwh called himself Israelite god, what else do you want? He is literally isrealiete god.
Eledumare is our Yoruba god. You praying to Israelite god to help you in Yoruba land is crass.
And If not for Roman Catholic with the help of crusaders, nicene Chrestianity won’t have spread.

Exactly! grin
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
budaatum:
Which "forefathers"?

My great grandfather abandoned the Ifa he got from his father for Islam which arrived before Christianity or Europeans. He preferred that they had a book, and he sent his children to learn to read.

His son, my grandfather followed tradition by abandoning Islam for Christianity when it arrived. He preferred that they had a book that could be read and he sent his children to learn to read it.

My father, true to his forefathers, continued the tradition by reading the books and discovering that those who live by bread alone will become malnourished, so he fed his own children with books from everywhere so we don't end up in any.

I, fed on books, learnt they are to be read to be understood instead of believed unless one likes trembling.

Our religion, if it may be call one, passed down from 3 generations of forefathers to me, is, Read To Understand, because that will make you grow and evolve than if you merely gullibly believe all you read in a book.

Thought you said you were born into a Muslim family?
So your grandfather dropped islam, and your parents returned to it? Which books was your Muslim father reading? So desperate for your yaldaboath
You said it was jehovah witness that came to preach to you and show you “what’s working”.
What age did you leave Islam?
Christianity came centuries before Islam in africa.
You can’t keep up with the lies huh, all these deceit and double face because of your deity you said is “true”, why lie desperately then? cheesy

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by budaatum: 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

Thought you said you were born into a Muslim family?
So your grandfather dropped islam, and your parents returned to it? Which books was your Muslim father reading? So desperate for your yaldaboath
You said it was jehovah witness that came to preach to you and show you “what’s working”.
What age did you leave Islam?
Christianity came centuries before Islam in africa.
You can’t keep up with the lies huh cheesy

Islam arrived in the Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun where buda's forefathers lived at least 2 centuries before Christianity turned up I would have you know. Muslim traders from the North used to come and buy produce from way before the 1400s and they brought Islam with them.

buda's father was never a Muslim nor a Christian, and neither was or is buda who was born and educated not to believe but to check with one's own senses so one may know. And Jehova Witness would not ever accept buda even if buda begged to join them, which alone would need to involve the complete overhaul and replacement of buda's mind and being.

Maynman, perhaps stop thinking and see the evidence that is before your eyes or kindly post links as evidence for the allegations made above so others can see where buda claimed what you claim buda claimed instead of hoping baseless crap you believe would be believed by the many here who are very able to use their own senses.
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by elated177: 4:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

Firstly, find out the tribe of the person whom you are addressing. I am Igbo. I am not Yoruba.

Secondly, do you speak for all the Yorubas?

Thirdly, you should be teaching what you said above about your beliefs and stop gallivanting and hopping like a cat on hot bricks from thread to thread chanting and repeating heap of meaninglessness like a broken record.

Fourthly, YAHVEH Almighty, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, my God and my Father in heaven, has explicitly and unapologetically and unequivocally asserted that he is the one and only true God and the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them. He displayed his Sovereignty by showing Pharaoh and his people what I call "iwaa". There is no other.

All you have to do is present your alternative and stop yapping all over the place.
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by elated177: 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
budaatum:
Which "forefathers"?

budaatum:

What, really, did your grandfather accept? What did he learn from Christianity?

budaatum:

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2022
budaatum:

Islam arrived in the Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun where buda's forefathers lived at least 2 centuries before Christianity turned up I would have you know. Muslim traders from the North used to come and buy produce from way before the 1400s and they brought Islam with them.

buda's father was never a Muslim nor a Christian, and neither was or is buda who was born and educated not to believe but to check with one's own senses so one may know. And Jehova Witness would not ever accept buda even if buda begged to join them, which alone would need to involve the complete overhaul and replacement of buda's mind and being.

Maynman, perhaps stop thinking and see the evidence that is before your eyes or kindly post links as evidence for the allegations made above so others can see where buda claimed what you claim buda claimed instead of hoping baseless crap you believe would be believed by the many here who are very able to use their own senses.

K bud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2022
elated177:

Firstly, find out the tribe of the person whom you are addressing. I am Igbo. I am not Yoruba.

Secondly, do you speak for all the Yorubas?

Thirdly, you should be teaching what you said above about your beliefs and stop gallivanting and hopping like a cat on hot bricks from thread to thread chanting and repeating heap of meaninglessness like a broken record.

Fourthly, YAHVEH Almighty, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, my God and my Father in heaven, has explicitly and unapologetically and unequivocally asserted that he is the one and only true God and the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them. He displayed his Sovereignty by showing Pharaoh and his people what I call "iwaa". There is no other.

All you have to do is present your alternative and stop yapping all over the place.
Okay yahweh worshipper

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by budaatum: 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
elated177:

What, really, did your grandfather accept? What did he learn from Christianity?

My grandfather really accepted a book. He was familiar with reading having been shown it with the Qur'an, so when the Bible was put in his hand and he was taught to read it himself he gladly did and sent his children to school to learn to read better than he could.

The main thing my grandfather learnt from Christianity was reading. This learning empowered him to be able to stop labouring on the land as a farmer and learn the trade of tailoring which afforded him with the resources to educate his own children to learn to read too.
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by budaatum: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

K bud.

I guess that's you apologising for bearing false witness against buda.
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2022
budaatum:

I guess that's you apologising for bearing false witness against buda.

I was sitting on my buda and thought it was MaxinDhous,e
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by budaatum: 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

Same way you "think" and believe buda is something you sit on instead of considering the evidence before you or asking and knocking and seeking for that which you can't possibly know.

You will grow, Maynmann.
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
budaatum:

Same way you "think" and believe buda is something you sit on instead of considering the evidence before you or asking and knocking and seeking for that which you can't possibly know.

You will grow, Maynmann.

Listen to your advice bud, A word can mean a different thing to someone else.

Your growth is up to you bud.
I’m still on my buda sitting comfortably, who is wailing?
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by IslamVIRGINS(f): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

Here you are saying rubbish, counting of days is giving you issue. You better address your problem first before anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
IslamVIRGINS:

Here you are saying rubbish, counting of days is giving you issue. You better address your problem first before anything

So desperate cheesy
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by budaatum: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

A word can mean a different thing to someone else.

You know this? So why would you think my name must only mean what you think it must mean?
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
budaatum:

You know this? So why would you think my name must only mean what you think it must mean?

The same way you think it must mean what you think.
Listen to your advice bud.
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by budaatum: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

The same way you think it must mean what you think.

I guess you must know what my name means more than I who's name it is.
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
budaatum:

I guess you must know what my name means more than I who's name it is.

I guess you must know my stool more than me, bud.

Still sitting on my buda.
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by budaatum: 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

I guess you must know my stool more than me, bud.

Still sitting on my buda.

budaatum:

It's a pity you choose to derail your own threads, May. It diminishes what you may have to say, which is a great pity.

I'll continue with my patients towards your ad hominems. I love seeing how long it takes some to grow and mature if they do at all.
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
budaatum:

I just farted on my buda bwahahahah

1 Share

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by IslamVIRGINS(f): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

So desperate cheesy

You only wasted all your days and years in school, you ought to be crying for your life for failing to know the number of days from Friday to Saturday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
IslamVIRGINS:

You only wasted all your days and years in school, you ought to be crying for your life for failing to know the number of days from Friday to Saturday

Let it out Yahweh worshipper cheesy
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by IslamVIRGINS(f): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

Let it out Yahweh worshipper cheesy

dunderhead listen very well, don't ever let me see you attacking any Christian till you solve your counting of days problem
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2022
IslamVIRGINS:

dunderhead listen very well, don't ever let me see you attacking any Christian till you solve your counting of days problem

Okay Yahweh worshipper cheesy
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by IslamVIRGINS(f): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

Okay Yahweh worshipper cheesy

Better knucklehead
Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
Religion is as old as mankind so there's nothing like whiteman's or blackman's religion where we differ from one another is politics, blackman's policies can never work with the whiteman and whiteman's policies can never work with blackman but as for religion it's the same logic globally unless we want to deceive ourselves. The one and only religion that differs from the rest is the Abrahamic faith, that's why all other religions seems silence for the Abrahamic faith! smiley

1 Like

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by Maynman: 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2022
IslamVIRGINS:

Better knucklehead

Okay Yahweh worshipper

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by elated177: 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2022
budaatum:

My grandfather really accepted a book. He was familiar with reading having been shown it with the Qur'an, so when the Bible was put in his hand and he was taught to read it himself he gladly did and sent his children to school to learn to read better than he could.

The main thing my grandfather learnt from Christianity was reading. This learning empowered him to be able to stop labouring on the land as a farmer and learn the trade of tailoring which afforded him with the resources to educate his own children to learn to read too.

Granted, buda, that your grandfather accepted a book. The question is: "what did your grandfather accept - learn, even - from that book?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? by elated177: 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Maynman:

Okay yahweh worshipper

He has nothing to say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush / Jesus, Did He Have Children / The Thin Line Between Adversity And Prosperity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.