Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,366 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm (27926 Views)

'Revolution Now' Protest By Sowore: Live Updates On August 5th Protest / 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) / Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by snowball11(m): 7:39am On Jan 21, 2019
Seetto:
Abeg make dey just dey debate they go..... PMB all the way...

Your PMB is too dull to have a one on one discussion talk more of a debate! undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Topmaike007(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2019
Okay
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by snowball11(m): 7:48am On Jan 21, 2019
After watching that abysmal show of shame of a conversation with PMB, it's time to watch something engaging!

Looking forward to the discussion with Sowore and Rufia! cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by anonymous1759(m): 7:50am On Jan 21, 2019
Nice publicity sowore, go for senate next time or house of Reps. Build your reputation Sensible Nigerians are seeing you.... We're tired of PMB, Atiku, OBJ etc...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Jaynom(m): 7:56am On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:

The producers of these shows have to prune down the number of candidates that can appear on their shows. There are quite a lot of candidates (around 70 candidates) and not all of them can appear.

Therefore, the producers of these shows set up online polls and got viewers to vote for the top 4 or 5 candidates that they would like to see.

Muhammadu Buhari, Atiku Abubakar, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and Fela Durotoye were the top 5 for the debate (Sowore sued the debate organisers because they excluded him).

Muhammadu Buhari, Atiku Abubakar, Omoyele Sowore, and Kingsley Moghalu were the top 4 for "The Candidates" (no Oby Ezekwesili or Fela Durotoye).

There were many other candidates that were excluded completely, e.g. Jerry Gana and Olawepo Hashim.

I think that the NTA's "Good Morning Nigeria" show is the only show that is featuring all the candidates. They have been featuring presidential candidates on their show since November (Donald Duke, Jerry Gana, Omoyele Sowore and Alistair Soyede are some of the candidates that have appeared on the show. I have never heard of some of the candidates that appeared on the show before they were featured).
1. Not all 70 presidential candidates are running.
2. After Buhari and Atiku, SOWORE is the most popular candidate not Fela , not Oby. Yet he was sidelined. I smell conspiracy!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 7:58am On Jan 21, 2019
Jaynom:

2. After Buhari and Atiku, SOWORE is the most popular candidate not Fela , not Oby. Yet he was sidelined. I smell conspiracy!

They voted. I saw the polls on Twitter. The results of the polls determined the candidates that appeared.

What the heck do you mean by, "Not all candidates are running"? How do you become a candidate if you are not running?? There are 90 parties and 70 candidates are running in the presidential election.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/26/2019-70-presidential-candidates-gunning-presidency-inec-publishes-particulars-parties

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by CaptainGOOD: 8:07am On Jan 21, 2019
Jaynom:

U are really delusional , tell ur sowore to learn how to guard his mouth, maybe he would have good votes next time

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by emerged01(m): 8:29am On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

U are really delusional , tell ur sowore to learn how to guard his mouth, maybe he would have good votes next time
IN Nigeria,you guard your mouth against oppressors you lose your destiny.

8 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by diablos: 8:37am On Jan 21, 2019
masterplan303:
wow...long time bro.welcome back.

Thanks bro.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by CaptainGOOD: 8:41am On Jan 21, 2019
emerged01:

IN Nigeria,you guard your mouth against oppressors you lose your destiny.

In Nigeria u should not let ur destiny be in hands of ur oppressors in the first place.
Mine is not I'm their hands.

Sowore should learn how to talk.
There are better ways to do critics.
If u watched the debate u would see that other other candidates criticized the government in an educated way.
Sowore was doing his like a tout.
It's more of insulting ether than criticising

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by ajl: 9:02am On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:

The producers of these shows have to prune down the number of candidates that can appear on their shows. There are quite a lot of candidates (around 70 candidates) and not all of them can appear.

Therefore, the producers of these shows set up online polls and got viewers to vote for the top 4 or 5 candidates that they would like to see.

Muhammadu Buhari, Atiku Abubakar, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and Fela Durotoye were the top 5 for the debate (Sowore sued the debate organisers because they excluded him).

Muhammadu Buhari, Atiku Abubakar, Omoyele Sowore, and Kingsley Moghalu were the top 4 for "The Candidates" (no Oby Ezekwesili or Fela Durotoye).

There were many other candidates that were excluded completely, e.g. Jerry Gana and Olawepo Hashim.

I think that the NTA's "Good Morning Nigeria" show is the only show that is featuring all the candidates. They have been featuring presidential candidates on their show since November (Donald Duke, Jerry Gana, Omoyele Sowore and Alistair Soyede are some of the candidates that have appeared on the show. I have never heard of some of the candidates that appeared on the show before they were featured).

Why not tell the truth? Sowore was deliberately schemed out of the presidential debate by the organisers even his party was aming the top 3 in the poll conducted by the organisers in order to select participants. Their reasons were petty. I heard they allleged candidates were selected based on their character. Sowore took the organisers to court.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2019
ajl:

Why not tell the truth? Sowore was deliberately schemed out of the presidential debate by the organisers even his party was aming the top 3 in the poll conducted by the organisers in order to select participants. Their reasons were petty. I heard they allleged candidates were selected based on their character. Sowore took the organisers to court.

Wow! shocked You had a spy amongst the organisers who told you that they were selected based on character and not by the polls! Wonderful!
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by ajl: 9:09am On Jan 21, 2019
anonymous1759:
Nice publicity sowore, go for senate next time or house of Reps. Build your reputation Sensible Nigerians are seeing you.... We're tired of PMB, Atiku, OBJ etc...

What reputation does he need to build? For someone who has been around for 30 yrs since age 18. Ypu should go update yourself instead.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by emerged01(m): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

In Nigeria u should not let ur destiny be in hands of ur oppressors in the first place.
Mine is not I'm their hands.

Sowore should learn how to talk.
There are better ways to do critics.
If u watched the debate u would see that other other candidates criticized the government in an educated way.
Sowore was doing his like a tout.
It's more of insulting ether than criticising
Lol!
Government has a very big role to play in the life of every citizen. Whether you like to hear it or not,as far as things listed below are bedeviling the growth of this nation,we have oppressors at the helms of affair of this nation. And as a matter of fact,no oppressor deserve respect;

No infrastructure,no power,no health care,no security,poor education and unemployment everywhere.

9 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by ajl: 9:15am On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:

Wow! shocked You had a spy amongst the organisers who told you that they were selected based on character and not by the polls! Wonderful!

Thats exactly what Sowore himself said because i believe he has insiders. Also, John Momoh has personal beef wiith him. Momoh was initially included as one of the defendants in the court case. Though his name was eventually removed from the case, Momoh was insisting to be included and further filed a counter suit claiming N5 million from Sowore.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by anonymous1759(m): 9:17am On Jan 21, 2019
ajl:

What reputation does he need to build? For someone who has been around for 30 yrs since age 18. Ypu should go update yourself instead.

Beign in the corridors of politics is a different ball game from holding a political office... Anyone can pretend to be a good boy to his Boss... Eg fmr NLC president Adams oshiomole we all know what happened when he got Tested with power and Money. Let him hold a political office, get Tested with power and money that's when We'll know his true worth.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2019
ajl:

Thats exactly what Sowore himself said because i believe he has insiders. Also, John Momoh has personal beef wiith him. Momoh was initially included as one of the defendants in the court case. Though his name was eventually removed from the case, Momoh was insisting to be included and further filed a counter suit claiming N5 million from Sowore.

I deal with verifiable facts, not rumours, emotions and hearsay.

1) You have not provided any evidence to show that Sowore won the polls. Just your sayso.

2) You have not provided any evidence to show that the candidates were selected based on character.

3) You have not provided any evidence to show that Sowore was excluded because John Momoh has beef with him (by the way, the debate is organised by BON, which has almost 70 members, and by NEDG. It is not the personal creation of John Momoh).

You are just throwing wild allegations and being emotional. Candidates will always be excluded (you can't have all 70 candidates on one stage. That will lead to chaos) and those that are excluded will naturally be upset, but you have not proven anything other than that you are upset because your candidate was excluded.

That's why I don't take you seriously.

Anyway, I don't have the time for a long exchange.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by CaptainGOOD: 10:10am On Jan 21, 2019
emerged01:

Lol!
Government has a very big role to play in the life of every citizen. Whether you like to hear it or not,as far as things listed below are bedeviling the growth of this nation,we have oppressors at the helms of affair of this nation. And as a matter of fact,no oppressor deserve respect;

No infrastructure,no power,no health care,no security,poor education and unemployment everywhere.

Sowore is going it the wrong way.
He should watch the debate and learn how to talk.
Else he cant even win ward chairman.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 21, 2019
Sowore is immature from what I have seen so far

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Jaynom(m): 10:33am On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

Guard his mouth? SOWORE says nothing but facts! The TRUTH cannot be pampered!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by CaptainGOOD: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2019
Jaynom:

Guard his mouth? SOWORE says nothing but facts! The TRUTH cannot be pampered!

He himself is not a saint
We have heard lots about him too.
So he should shut up
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Jaynom(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

He himself is not a saint
We have heard lots about him too.
So he should shut up
You have HEARD . Where are the Facts? Where is the evidence? Where is the proof?

6 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by CaptainGOOD: 10:55am On Jan 21, 2019
Jaynom:

You have HEARD . Where are the Facts? Where is the evidence? Where is the proof?

The facts are online.
Just as the facts Sowore has against others too.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Jaynom(m): 11:52am On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

The facts are online.
Just as the facts Sowore has against others too.
Allegations and facts are two different things sir!

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by PromixTuhh(m): 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

Sowore is going it the wrong way.
He should watch the debate and learn how to talk.
Else he cant even win ward chairman.
asuustrike1:
Sowore is immature from what I have seen so far

And what have the "matured ones" and the ones that "know how to talk" brought upon Nigeria? We still don't have our priorities in order. And if you have any evidence disproving anything he's said, present it.

4 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by nograv: 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:

I wish I could believe you..

Unfortunately, we all know how Nigeria works and a young upstart debating is the last thing the old brigade want to deal with.

We can only go on what the station says are the numbers. No one else can qualify the supposed online polls...

Sowore was excluded because he is an actual threat. He is articulate and genuinely wants to pursue some progressive ideas. For the likes of Buhari and Atiku, debating with him would be suicide..

That was the reason he was excluded...

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
nograv:

I wish I could believe you..

Unfortunately, we all know how Nigeria works and a young upstart debating is the last thing the old brigade want to deal with.

We can only go on what the station says are the numbers. No one else can qualify the supposed online polls...

Sowore was excluded because he is an actual threat. He is articulate and genuinely wants to pursue some progressive ideas. For the likes of Buhari and Atiku, debating with him would be suicide..

That was the reason he was excluded...

naptu2:

I deal with verifiable facts, not rumours, emotions and hearsay.

1) You have not provided any evidence to show that Sowore won the polls. Just your sayso.

2) You have not provided any evidence to show that the candidates were selected based on character.

3) You have not provided any evidence to show that Sowore was excluded because John Momoh has beef with him (by the way, the debate is organised by BON, which has almost 70 members, and by NEDG. It is not the personal creation of John Momoh).

You are just throwing wild allegations and being emotional. Candidates will always be excluded (you can't have all 70 candidates on one stage. That will lead to chaos) and those that are excluded will naturally be upset, but you have not proven anything other than that you are upset because your candidate was excluded.

That's why I don't take you seriously.

Anyway, I don't have the time for a long exchange.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by CaptainGOOD: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
Jaynom:

Allegations and facts are two different things sir!

Yeah but the are facts.
Even sowore himself doesn't have facts only allegation
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by CaptainGOOD: 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2019
PromixTuhh:

And what have the "matured ones" and the ones that "know how to talk" brought upon Nigeria? We still don't have our priorities in order. And if you have any evidence disproving anything he's said, present it.

He ain't going nowhere, it will an insult if Sowore wins.
He needs to go contest and win his ward chairman first of all
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by nograv: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:

Niether have you provided any proof beyond the station's unverified numbers and reasons..

Can you even provide a link to the supposed online polls??

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2019
nograv:

Niether have you provided any proof beyond the station's unverified numbers and reasons..

Can you even provide a link to the supposed online polls??

Nice try. Affirmati Non Neganti Incumbit Probatio. He who asserts must prove.

You are the ones who have stated that there is some grand conspiracy against Sowore, therefore you must provide proof of the conspiracy.

You are the ones that said that he was disqualified because he's a threat (more of a threat than Moghalu and Ezekwesili?), so you must prove that that's actually why he was disqualified.

You are the ones who stated that John Momoh has beef with him, therefore you must provide proof of that beef. It doesn't work the other way round.

https://www.channelstv.com/bon-nedg-2019-presidential-debate/

The truth of the matter is that you guys are simply disappointed because he was not included. All candidates that were not included have made the same claim (that they were not included because they are the most popular candidate). Olawepo-Hashim made the same claim here https://www.nairaland.com/4973899/buhari-atikus-absence-debate-contempt

But not all candidates can be included.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CCT Trial: Saraki Hires 66-SAN Defence Team / IPOB Sit-at-home: Total Failure In Ebonyi / Mercy Johnson Speaks Esan, Thanks Electorates For Voting For Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.