Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike (2829 Views)

ASUU: Strike Continues, As FG Gives Condition To Accommodate ASUU’s UTAS / ASUU Gives Least Acceptable Conditions To End Strike / ASUU Gives FG 6 New Conditions To End Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by damilola4162(m): 4:27am On Jan 21, 2019
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has put down conditions that the Federal Government has to meet before the ongoing strike by the union will be called off. According to the union, the ongoing strike action will likely continue except the Federal Government is able to meet these conditions.
The union said to end the strike, the Federal Government must urgently release additional N50 billion to the N20 billion released earlier for revitalisation fund and show evidence of mainstreaming the Earned Academic Allowance (EAA) into the 2019 budget and evidence of the payment of shortfall in salaries.
President of ASUU, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, said this to newsmen in an interview. He added that the unions conditions would be communicated to the Federal Government today at the inauguration of the platform for addressing matters relating to state universities.
“There are basically two or three major areas; one is on the revitalisation fund. We presented to them that government owed an outstanding balance of N1.1 trillion in five tranches. But what government eventually proposed is something that is far-fetched. They were talking about N20 billion that will be released in two tranches starting from next quarter, and we felt that will not address the issue at hand. Though they said that they released N20 billion earlier, the N20 billion was to be released in 2017, if they released it in November 2018, it is not the same thing.

read more: www.newspremises..com/2019/01/assu-strke-assu-gives-federal.html
Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:33am On Jan 21, 2019
Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by Adesouth(m): 4:58am On Jan 21, 2019
gave them 2months to release 20 billion....... therefore, it would take five months to release 50billion....

I think I know when the strike will end o

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by Adesouth(m): 4:58am On Jan 21, 2019
took them 2months to release 20 billion....... therefore, it would take five months to release 50billion....

I think I know when the strike will end o
Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by InansBobo(m): 5:25am On Jan 21, 2019
ASUU not ASSU
Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2019
Old news.
Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by lifelesspmb: 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
Conditions upon conditions
Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by freemanbubble: 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
Their demands are unrealistic
Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by Yinks39: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by abujacomputertu: 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2019
It's well.
Re: ASUU Strike: ASUU Gives FG Condition To Call Off The Strike by Dataspider: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
Make ASUU wait abeg. I still need more of this money

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Graduate But No One Wants To Give Me A Job Because I Have No Legs {Photos / Simtech Poly Abakaliki Is Calling You For Diploma In Nd/reg.rush Now / Which Is Correct 'come Eat' Or 'come And Eat'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.