Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,249 members, 7,957,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile (8051 Views)

Adios! Blackberry Ends Support For All Its Classic Devices / Facebook Ends Support On All Nokia Device / Microsoft Officially Ends Windows 10 Mobile Software Support By December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by CyberWolf: 7:53am On Jan 21, 2019
directonpc:
Wonder what the 3rd mobile operating system will be. Someone should start making featured phones with good software.

Extra:
I am an android developer at Build Brothers NG (we are a registered company). I will like to invite you to tryout our USSD Banking app.

The app helps you carry out Mobile banking without internet or cramming codes in a very secure way.

Download link: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.ussdbanking
Very risky..
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by directonpc(m): 7:59am On Jan 21, 2019
CyberWolf:
Very risky..
You are very ignorant.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by CyberWolf: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2019
PotatoSalad:
grin Microsoft killed Nokia sadly
Nokia already ported to android

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by CyberWolf: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2019
directonpc:
You are very ignorant.
who cares undecided
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by directonpc(m): 8:05am On Jan 21, 2019
CyberWolf:
who cares undecided
Nigeria. Because people like you vote in our elections. You are dangerous to the growth of this country.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by miketayo(m): 8:12am On Jan 21, 2019
Wwwnaijaitunesc:
Bold step forward
Build your websites for as low as N10k call us now 0 8 1 1 0 8 7 1 9 7 9

You are part of the people spoiling business for the rest of us, wat type of website is 10k, domain name is 4k alone
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by CyberWolf: 8:15am On Jan 21, 2019
directonpc:
Nigeria. Because people like you vote in our elections. You are dangerous to the growth of this country.
You make me laugh.. You design random app and advise people download it for their banking transactions and nothing is wrong with that? So every Tom, Dick and Harry will design random app and advise people to download and use for their banking transactions right? Iwu Ewu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by miketayo(m): 8:15am On Jan 21, 2019
The phone last though.. using mine since 2014, still solid

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by CyberWolf: 8:15am On Jan 21, 2019
miketayo:

You are part of the people spoiling business for the rest of us, wat type of website is 10k, domain name is 4k alone
don’t mind them
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by PotatoSalad(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2019
CyberWolf:
Nokia already ported to android
HMD global ported to Android. They are operating under Nokia.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Topmaike007(m): 8:31am On Jan 21, 2019
martineverest:
windows OS was crappy?...are u sure u are a tech guru?it was the smoothest and safest OS ever,but lack of apps killed it
you are on point joor
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by directonpc(m): 8:48am On Jan 21, 2019
CyberWolf:
You make me laugh.. You design random app and advise people download it for their banking transactions and nothing is wrong with that? So every Tom, Dick and Harry will design random app and advise people to download and use for their banking transactions right? Iwu Ewu
You are still showing your ignorance. This is no random app. When you can't remember your bank USSD Code where do you run to? Google? Do you know people put those contents on Google?

This app saves you the stress of searching the Internet for USSD Codes. You can decide to dial the codes from your phone dialer or copy them out, or just glance. If you know enough you won't be talking down what you do not understand.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:26am On Jan 21, 2019
martineverest:
windows OS was crappy?...are u sure u are a tech guru?it was the smoothest and safest OS ever,but lack of apps killed it

if it wasn't too bad devs would have jumped at the sight of it.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by martineverest(m): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

windows was voted the best operating system..... developers refused to develop apps for the platform because of Microsoft shady and monopolistic attitude during ballmer's era as CEO of Microsoft.they clearly wanted alternative and death of windows operating system....also Microsoft charges phone makers for Windows mobile operating system,while android was free and customisable.they all clearly went to android.

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by martineverest(m): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

windows was voted the best operating system..... developers refused to develop apps for the platform because of Microsoft shady and monopolistic attitude during ballmer's era as CEO of Microsoft.they clearly wanted alternative and death of windows operating system....also Microsoft charges phone makers for Windows mobile operating system,while android was free and customisable.they all clearly went to android..
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by SaturnNick(m): 9:54am On Jan 21, 2019
Too bad. So I should throw my phone after the date or what. I dont understand.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by biosystech: 10:20am On Jan 21, 2019
Mustay:
That's the thing with Microsoft. Build to destroy. Like the OP, I had stopped using Windows Mobile a long time ago when I realized that they made this kind of move. Windows mobile OS is cool as you have some of the desktop features but when it comes to upgrading, this is where they render your device useless. Once a new product or technology comes, they force you to drop the one you are using for another
I'm interested in knowing which device you were 'forced' to drop for another.

Topic, I still use a Windows phone, easy to operate and very fluid. It's sad to see this lovely mobile OS go.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by HomeOfMe(f): 10:53am On Jan 21, 2019
chinos98:

i use a windows 8.0 phone , and is even stressfull
I have a Nokia lumia 8.1. I use it mostly for calls and pictures alone. The camera and video-perfect,very colourful. Then my android phone for the internet

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 21, 2019
PotatoSalad:

10k? Are you just mad?
Brother e weak me I swear.

As a freelancer developer
I weak
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by ollah2: 11:12am On Jan 21, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

Quit writing like a naive blogger. You should be ashamed of your replies on this thread thus far
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by NaijaTechGuy(m): 11:49am On Jan 21, 2019
ollah2:

Quit writing like a naive blogger. You should be ashamed of your replies on this thread thus far

LMAO . Thank you
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Mustay(m): 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
biosystech:
I'm interested in knowing which device you were 'forced' to drop for another.

Topic, I still use a Windows phone, easy to operate and very fluid. It's sad to see this lovely mobile OS go.

If I use a device and my manufacturer makes a more recent and says you guys using version yesterday, you can't upgrade to version today, what does that amount to?
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by ddjay: 1:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

I warned them but they refused to listen to me, they we're like "who is this common ordinary African" now it has happened... Should I say it's good for them? Of course I won't be wrong. It's either you make Android phones or make desktop apps work on a phone, this makes it a true pocket PC.. desktop, laptop, and palmtop. This will be like carrying your laptop on the go.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Nduxx(m): 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
Expect an Android device

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN OFFICE CLOSURE: Plateau Protests Closure Of Jos Telecom Office / 6 Ways To Overcome Social Media Anxiety Disorder / Etisalat Released New Data Plans Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.