Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

The 3rd Force Best Bet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 3rd Force Best Bet (9312 Views)

2023 Elections: Seven Political Parties Merge To Become ‘3rd Force’ Mega Party / 2023: Are Atiku, Tinubu In Secret Moves To Float 3rd Force? / 2019: 3rd Force Unites Against APC, PDP, As Agbakoba’s PT Signs Pact With Obj’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 3rd Force Best Bet by mrrights: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2019
The 3rd Force best bet
By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

I have great respect for all 3rd Force presidential candidates and i believe they deserve more respect than they are getting.

Nobody thought Barack Obama could be US president until he became US president. Many of those who mocked him for aspiring in the first place eventually became his most ardent supporters. This is how life works.

So, if you are supporting a 3rd Force candidate, be proud of yourself because not many people often get the message in early stage, you are one of the special few.

Believe me, when I see people supporting any 3rd Force candidate with so much vigour and commitment, i admire those individuals greatly.

It's not easy to break away from the bandwagon effect. Many often wish they can be like you, but lack the courage to.

Ademola H Adigun has stated that he his rooting for Madam Oby Ezekwesili even when he knew she wouldn't win. That is a principled stance based on conviction.
Hon Mustapha Mudasir Ayanfe is rooting for Kingsley Moghalu, though he asserted that he knew he also would not win. That is also principled.

For Inibehe Effiong it's Omoyele Sowore or nothing. For him, Sowore has the conviction that he would win, but would he?

Everybody knows that i am for Gbenga Olawepo Hashim and i strongly believe that he's the best candidate in this election, not only in terms of ideas and capacity, but also in planning and projection.

If you are truly looking for a 3rd Force candidate capable of winning this election, do not ignore Hashim, who has gathered so many important endorsements, ranging from the middle belt forums led by many of it's past governors, ministers, generals and others.

You can not ignore him because of the numerous other political parties that have adopted him as their candidate.

Just yesterday, Alliance for Democracy (AD) also did same and all of their governorship, senatorial and house of representatives candidates in south west joined list of his endorsers.

Many others are rooting for Tope Fasua, Fela Durotoye etc.

For me, irrespective of the 3rd Force candidate you are rooting for, you deserve some commendation for standing out and i respect you.

Now, let's get to the basics of the presidential contest.

For a candidate to be declared winner of the election, he must, in addition to having the popular vote, have 2/3rd majority.

This means that, to stand a chance of being a serious contender in this election, the 3rd Force candidate must be well spread in at least, 2/3rd of the country.

By spread, i mean a structure, which include having candidates running election in 2/3rd of the country or at least, be structurally available in 50% of the country.

The 3rd Force candidates must not just think about being on the ballot and on the media, there must be a delibrate plan that is practical to cause a major upset.

Unfortunately, out of a possible 450 national elective positions to be contested for, Tope Fasua's party, ANRP has only 17 candidates.

Fela Durotoye party, ANN has only 21 candidates.

Omoyele Sowore's party, AAC has only 31, Oby Ezekwesili's ACPN has only 56 and Kingsley Moghalu's YPP has only 70 candidates.

If you add all these numbers together, it gives us about 190 candidates.

So, while Tope, Sowore, Fela, Kingsley and Oby joined together has about 190 candidates, Olawepo Hashim alone has more than their combined force in terms of spread.

Olawepo Hashim's party, People's Trust (PT) nominated about 200 candidates and one of the most vibrant candidate running under PT is my very best Barrister Tony Akika, a former Attorney General in Nasarawa state, running for federal house of representatives.

Apart from the PT, which fielded the highest nomination among all newly registered party, several other political parties have equally formed alliances with Hashim's PT, raising his spread to over 2/3rd of the country. This is a basic requirements to be a strong contender and in my opinion, thos is the best chance the 3rd Force can get.

The point i am trying to make is that, rather than go into this election, knowing fully well that most of our vibrant candidates do not have the structural spread to compete for victory even from a constitutional point of view, why not support Olawepo Hashim who is in the prime position to compete?

In terms of the issues, Hashim has been adjudged as the one with most indept understanding of the issues and has proffered practicable solutions.

In terms of experience, he is a global business man with investment in 4 continents of the world, particularly in Nigeria's energy and oil and gas sector, coupled with his human rights credential as a 1989 amnesty international prisoner of conscience and his political participation as member of G34 that led the process of returning Nigeria to democracy in 1999. Hashim has proven that he his well prepared.

https://mrrightsng..com/2019/01/the-3rd-force-best-bet.html

3 Likes

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by SalamRushdie: 11:34am On Jan 21, 2019
this writer is just another Islamic fanatic who low key wants Buhari to win

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by bilms(m): 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
wink
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by GentleMoney: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2019
God Bless Nigeria..
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Ololanla: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2019
Hmm
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
Just create a coalition simple,If those 3rd force parties can unite the story will change, But they re also forming strong head on vanity, Signal that 90% of Nigerian youth re greedy,I already pen those people I can never vote for in my life,Moghalu,Sowore and those 3rd force who opt out of the coalition re all greedy,They can't have my vote.

9 Likes

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by myettiallah: 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
The zombie that wrote this already knows that Buhari is losing hence he is hiding under the guise of the so-called third force grin

Nobody thought Barack Obama could be US president until he became US president. Many of those who mocked him for aspiring in the first place eventually became his most ardent supporters. This is how life works.

Yea..the coded muslim fanatic, that installed your boss.
And the Americans regretted voting him, during his tenure, there were masive loss of jobs in the states just like Buhari's Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by elotajohn1(m): 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
Before unification of 3rd force.... We need a competent candidate to wrestle power out of Buhari hand because iron sharpens iron

Let's support Atiku/Obi

Then we will dialogue with Atiku to hand over to Younger Candidates.

Meanwhile check my Signature

2 Likes

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by BabaPissmaker(m): 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
You Sir are a joker

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
Who's the 4th force?
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by contigiency(m): 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2019
May be after 2019 when there could probably be a vacant in aso rock. For now, pmb de gidigba driving us to the next level.

1 Like

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Koolking(m): 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
There is no 3rd force anything. Any 3rd force to be a force must go through the 2 most popular party, either APC or PDP.
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by helinues: 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
Even the originator of 3rd force has abandoned it.

Reality is too hard for some people to contain
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by fasho01(m): 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
If votes do count, the 3rd force would have had a chance.

Anyways, for now, nothing like 3rd force

1 Like

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by ClearFlair: 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
SalamRushdie:
another Islamic fanatic who low key wants Buhari to win

God anointed Buhari to lead. Always remember that. Opposing him is an exercise in futility.

3 Likes

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by easynetsms(m): 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
Who can summarise this long epistle
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
You are smart and I stand with Hashim.
To be honest most of us wish he could win but the chances are slim however due to ur advice, I stand with him.
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by magzey: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
How can you compare Barrack Obama who was an American Senator and this Third force Presidential candidate who was made by this thing
�����������

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by IkembaPrince: 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2019
Guy atikulate. Or getout
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Newbiee: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
Atiku bleeped up big time for deserting the debate.

1 Like

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Yankee101: 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
If they wanna win, they should pool resources around one 3rd force candidate

Too many cooks spoil the broth

That saying still holds true
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Olachase(m): 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2019
why you con add bet like say na bet9ja
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Fuckdamod: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2019
Too bad the bests can rule us
Cursed nation
If not because of my hatred for buhari i will never support atiku but either one of them. For now let me keep rooting for atiku cos presently he is the only one that can effectively challenge that old demon cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by apesinola001: 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
Don't sell your future, my future, our Future . rather, get your pvc and vote.

If you know your life is better under Buhari please vote him if not Vote against him.

Let your vote be your Voice
GBAM
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by bayocanny: 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
myettiallah:
The zombie that wrote this already knows that Buhari is losing hence he is hiding under the guise of the so-called third force grin

Yea..the coded muslim fanatic, that installed your boss.
And the Americans regretted voting him, during his tenure, there were masive loss of jobs in the states just like Buhari's Nigeria.

you're not making sense bro

1 Like

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by babadee1(m): 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
It's really funny that the writer chose to use Barack Obama as an example in this case. Someone who ran for president as a candidate of one of the two major parties in the US. There is nothing like a third force in American politics. Every single president has either been a Republican or a Democrat for the past 200 years. Independent and third party candidates have little to no chance of winning over there.

Since Nigeria has chosen to adopt a US style of politics, it is likely that we will evolve into a two party system as well. The so-called third force candidates need to go and register with either APC or PDP, and work their way up through the ranks to run for president if they would ever hope to win one day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by apesinola001: 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
Don't sell your future, my future, our Future. rather, get your pvc and vote.

If you know your life is better under Buhari please vote him if not Vote against him.

Let your vote be your Voice
GBAM
Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by Devondt(m): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2019
Why all this plenty plenty talk,when we all know that apc and pdp are the only two political parties in the country,the rest are end of the year party.

3 Likes

Re: The 3rd Force Best Bet by LZAA: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
All these candidates know they cant win
Vote out buhari so we can start afresh
only BMC zombies and clowns are voting for dolapo
Use ya head
Cc immhotep velocity25 sarrki justiceleague1 pythonamaka

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia / Okupe Condemns Opposition Governors’ Visit To Maiduguri / Parents Demand Swap Of Chibok Girls For Boko Haram Detainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.