Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC (849 Views)

IREV Failure: INEC Owes Nigerians An Explanation, Says Jega / Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment / Garba Shehu: Some APC leaders expect Buhari to rig supplementary elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by eyeview: 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
Lanre Issa-Onilu, spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says President Muhammadu Buhari owes no one any explanation for not attending the presidential debate.

The debate which held on Saturday was organised by the Nigeria Elections Debate Group (NEDG) and the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON).

President Muhammadu Buhari was not in attendance. A statement from his campaign council said the president could not attend the debate because of a clash with his hectic schedule.

Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who came to venue, also refused to participate in the debate, later citing the absence of the president.

Oby Ezekwesili, Fela Durotoye and Kingsley Moghalu, presidential candidates of Allied Congress Party Of Nigeria (ACPN), Alliance For New Nigeria (ANN) and Young Progressive Party (YPP), respectively, were in attendance.

Speaking with journalists on Sunday, Issa-Onilu said the debate was only important to those seeking power.

“The president does not have to give reason for now attending that debate,” he said.

“Let me reiterate like I have said earlier, the debate is just one of several platforms for our candidate to engage with the public. We pick the platforms that are impactful and we are the one to determine which one we want to use.

“Debate with who? That’s an insult. That the president will come and debate with who? The debate the president is having is what he did in Niger state – [Niger people] can look to a brighter future. The people of this country, everywhere they go they see development, they can see projects going on. So these are the debates that the president is already engaging with the public.

“That particular debate could be important and I think it is important to those seeking power not somebody who has has a lot speaking for him already.”

According to Issa-Onilu, the PDP presidential candidate “covertly” ran away.

“It is a pointer that that a man seeking our mandate has nothing to offer,” he said.

“He made it clear that he will enrich he will enrich his friends. Our national assets are up for grabs.”

The spokesman said Abubakar went to the US “like a fugitive and came back like a fugitive”.

“They have not been able to present to us evidence of their meeting with anyone of note,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ripplesnigeria.com/its-an-insult-to-have-expected-buhari-to-debate-he-owes-nigerians-no-explanation-apc/amp/
Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by Oweku: 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2019
I will blame those that will vote them into power..

Just like own us no explanation for using public fund for his private treatment abroad..

Someone that cannot tell you how he will lead you, you queue behind him.. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by bedspread: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2019
Can u imagine Words from a Spokesperson ?

This is Not Normal At all At all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by BigBabyJesus: 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
How can you defend Buhari's absence but condemn that of Atiku's?

This is classical APC hypo-hypocrisy at it's peak.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by Christty(f): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
Our president is afraid to come for debate because he cannot hear properly. he doesn't want to be embarrassed.
Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by Fuckuignos(f): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
Very true
Please permit me to comment that I support PMB 4+4. I have no apologies for that & if my choice offends you? Kindly Move to the next shop as I do not sell what you want to buy. Merci!!! Aje a wa Ooo!!!! �

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by Racoon(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2019
"Lanre Issa-Onilu, spokesman of the (APC), says President Muhammadu Buhari owes no one any explanation for not attending the presidential debate.

Speaking with journalists on Sunday, Issa-Onilu said the debate was only important to those seeking power.
The president does not have to give reason for now attending that debate.

Let me reiterate like I have said earlier, the debate is just one of several platforms for our candidate to engage with the public. We pick the platforms that are impactful and we are the one to determine which one we want to use.

“Debate with who? That’s an insult. That the president will come and debate with who? The debate the president is having is what he did in Niger state...can look to a brighter future.

The people of this country, everywhere they go they see development, they can see projects going on. So these are the debates that the president is already engaging with the public.

“That particular debate could be important and I think it is important to those seeking power not somebody who has has a lot speaking for him already.”
What a government/party.You can never belong to the party of the coven and reason rationally.Nigeria deliver thyself

2 Likes

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by LibertyRep: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
Truth be told, there is a no way the minders of the President would have allowed him partake in the debate. Who would like to concede an own goal?
Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by Racoon(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Sunday said there is nothing special in the presidential debate, saying its presidential candidate, President Buhari, may choose not to attend if he feels there are other viable options with which he can engage Nigerians.

The party which also said it will determine whether President Buhari will attend the debate scheduled for this weekend, added that debate is one of the mediums through which presidential candidates engage the public on their programmes for the country if elected.
https://www.independent.ng/why-buhari-may-not-attend-presidential-debate-apc/amp/
Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by RTSC: 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2019
He is talking to his audience.

Sane people will not call him sane or regard him.

1 Like

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by sammy99(m): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2019
Atiku would av choosen to stay in america and continue his meetings on ao to get nigeria working again but had to come back dat day jst for d sake of d debate.

Now,between d lifeless one dat is in nigeria and atiku dat was in USA on an important task,who do u think shud not boycott.

Wot atiku did was right,cos if he had entered for d debate wen he came to d venue,wot d APC will only picture will b his flaws and dat was der plan,if its not dey would av allowed der lifeless president to also come for d debate.

APC and hypocrity are like 5&6

2 Likes

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by Mitchewww(m): 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2019
The youths hates their future.

If not, why would the status quo remain.

1 Like

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by SalamRushdie: 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
Stupid satanic party saying nonsense

2 Likes

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by IbrahimDamola: 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
This is why I detest that feudal autocratic satanic party called APC. They believe nigerians are slaves whom they owe nothing. This statement mirrors the classical thought of the tyranic presidiotic dullard. Under his watch nigeria has moved from a fledging democracy during GEJ's time to repressive autocracy in dumbohari's time. For democracy to thrive again in Nigeria, all APC members should be hunted like rats and clubbed to death. They are useless rodents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by mrsfavour(f): 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
Oweku:
I will blame those that will vote them into power..

Just like own us no explanation for using public fund for his private treatment abroad..

Someone that cannot tell you how he will lead you, you queue behind him.. angry
Nigerians are not ready for change, very unfortunate
Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by mrsfavour(f): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2019
Very pathetic.
Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
eyeview:
Lanre Issa-Onilu, spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says President Muhammadu Buhari owes no one any explanation for not attending the presidential debate.

The debate which held on Saturday was organised by the Nigeria Elections Debate Group (NEDG) and the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON).

President Muhammadu Buhari was not in attendance. A statement from his campaign council said the president could not attend the debate because of a clash with his hectic schedule.

Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who came to venue, also refused to participate in the debate, later citing the absence of the president.

Oby Ezekwesili, Fela Durotoye and Kingsley Moghalu, presidential candidates of Allied Congress Party Of Nigeria (ACPN), Alliance For New Nigeria (ANN) and Young Progressive Party (YPP), respectively, were in attendance.

“The president does not have to give reason for now attending that debate,” he said.

“Let me reiterate like I have said earlier, the debate is just one of several platforms for our candidate to engage with the public. We pick the platforms that are impactful and we are the one to determine which one we want to use.

“Debate with who? That’s an insult. That the president will come and debate with who? The debate the president is having is what he did in Niger state – [Niger people] can look to a brighter future. The people of this country, everywhere they go they see development, they can see projects going on. So these are the debates that the president is already engaging with the public.

According to Issa-Onilu, the PDP presidential candidate “covertly” ran away.

“It is a pointer that that a man seeking our mandate has nothing to offer,” he said.

“He made it clear that he will enrich he will enrich his friends. Our national assets are up for grabs.”

The spokesman said Abubakar went to the US “like a fugitive and came back like a fugitive”.

“They have not been able to present to us evidence of their meeting with anyone of note,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ripplesnigeria.com/its-an-insult-to-have-expected-buhari-to-debate-he-owes-nigerians-no-explanation-apc/amp/

It's an insult on anyone Nigerian who votea Buhari for saying he own Nigerians no explanation. Nigerians must tell Buhari that it's our votes that makes his whoever he thinks he is.

2 Likes

Re: 'It’s An Insult To Expect Buhari To Debate;he Owes Nigerians No Explanation'-APC by SaiAtikuTill203: 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
Buhari promised to stop all government officials from seeking medical attention abroad
But what happened?
and he's the highest beneficiary of foreign medical treatment . What of the subsidy he removed and said he'd use its proceeds to construct roads, revive our refineries thereby stop importation of petrol, create jobs, now,bla,bla. We Nigerians gullibly followed his lies painstakingly and what happened next? No refineries were fixed, no roads were created and the few constructed were funded with foreign loans, no jobs...as I speak, he's still paying subsidy to the tune of hundreds of billions as petrol is still being imported. He said in Lagos town hall meeting in 2015 that he won't seek re-election...The rest is history .. Buhari has scammed us. The best way of knowing a man of integrity is through the words that proceed from his mouth. He lacks one. Those supporting him are simply as myopic and as blind as him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Will Deliver 2 Million Votes To Buhari - Bornu Governor, Shettima / Osun 2018: APC Witnesses Confirm Error On Records / Breaking: APC Leadership In Plateau State Decamps To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.