Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment (33429 Views)

IREV Failure: INEC Owes Nigerians An Explanation, Says Jega / Tinubu’s Govt Owes Nigerians An Explanation For The NNPC $3.3bn Loan - Atiku / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by dre11(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2022
Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike has said that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) owes Nigerians an explanation and an apology following some rather controversial statements made by Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential Candidate of the party.

Atiku had on Sunday in Kaduna asserted that the north does not need Yoruba or Igbo candidates.

“I know the whole of this country. I have built bridges across this country. I think what the average northerner needs is somebody who is from the north, who also understands the other parts of Nigeria, and who has been able to build bridges across the rest of the country.

“This is what the northerner needs. He (the northerner) doesn’t need a Yoruba candidate or an Igbo candidate. This is what the northerner needs. I stand before you as a pan-Nigerian of northern origin,” Atiku opined.

In his reaction to the comments which have generated heated arguments across the country, Governor Wike said while he doubts the possibility of Atiku making such a sensational statement at this critical time of the Nation’s history, such posture would justify his fight for equity, justice and fairness in the PDP.

According to him, the party must urgently address the issue and appeal to Nigerians lest the people stop rallying behind the PDP and begin to see the party as one where justice and equity do not abound.

Governor Wike also challenged the National Chairman of the Party, Iyorchia Ayu on his defense of the corruption allegations he leveled against him and condemned as ridiculous, the recommendations of the party’s Board of Trustees on the crisis in the PDP.

In the past few days, a couple of events have been threatening the peace within Peoples Democratic Party. Most notable amongst the recent incidents were the defense of the National Chairman against the allegations of corruption by Govenor Wike, the recommendations of the Board of Trustees on the crisis over leadership positions and a the comment credited to the party’s Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar about the North not needing the Yoruba or Igbo candidates.

Wike had earlier said that the national leadership of the PDP needs to do the right thing, if the party must win the presidential election in 2023.

The right thing, Governor Wike insisted, is the resignation of Senator Iyorchia Ayu as PDP national chairman, in order for a southerner to occupy the seat within the principle of equity, fairness and justice.

He emphasised that any leader of a group who causes crisis within the group that he leads, truly lacks the requisite skills to navigate affairs of such group.

“This is the time to show leadership skill on the part of those who are leaders of the party. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is the presidential candidate. He is the one who feels the pain.”

Governor Wike made reference to the party’s constitution that spells it out in Section 7 (3) (c) that that all political and elective positions must be zoned.

He wondered why it is now so difficult for Senator Ayu to respect the constitution or even keep to his promise and quit the office if a northern is elected as PDP standard bearer.

“We have not held the presidential primary before the national chairman of the party said if the presidential candidate emerges from his area, he will quit

Governor Wike also accused Senator Ayu of collecting one hundred million Naira, first from a certain governor to renovate the party’s democratic institution, and later went to PDP National Working Committee (NWC) to collect exact amount for the same purpose. Governor Wike dares Senator Ayu to deny it.

“In fact, let me also tell you, Ayu collected N100million naira from a governor that he was going to renovate our democratic institution and then he went back to the PDP NWC and took the same N100million naira for doing the same work.”

He further added, “What kind of system is that? I am telling you all these are facts. Let him (Ayu) say no first and I will tell you (those he collected money from).”

The Rivers State governor pointed to the importance of the mission of rescuing Nigeria expected of the PDP by Nigerians. But the mission, he said requires a leader with proven integrity to lead the party.

https://independent.ng/pdp-owes-nigerians-an-apology-over-atikus-ethnic-comment-says-wike/

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2022
grin Wike should first apologize to the PDP, for the incessant tantrums he has been throwing.

And moreover Atiku was not wrong, in 2015 APC said the same message to northerners, so what is wrong with Atiku repeating same message.

After all Tinubu is singing the same song in the west.

Let everyone vote their own grin tongue

Atiku is coming

The Yarubas that hailed APC when they said so in 2015 are now seeing faults in such statements, yaruba slaves and eegbo miscreants cry till tomorrow, in 2023 presidency una no go see grin tongue

So don't quote me with tears, kuku ignore cheesy grin

61 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Felimax(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2022
Wike go and die!

Not all of us are fools like you guys.
What Atiku said is the utmost truth and no matter how you twist it the truth must prevail.

@ this moment of our dear nation we need a good, experienced and like Obi said ATIKULATE leader hence we are not voting Atiku because he is Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba or Igbo.

Wike thinks so much of himself and when I told him he will be humbled he never believed.

44 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by BUSHHUNTER: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2022
Wike the Wicked grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by sotall(m): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2022
undecided
Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by WiszyFraud: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2022
Did you know??

Things to remove from your life right now

- Over-thinking
- Living in the past
- Bad sleeping habit
- Trying to please everyone
- Thinking you’re not good enough
- Sacrificing your happiness for vanities

lipsrsealed

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Johnrake69: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2022
This is the game they have always played. I hope Northerners won't fall for this

2 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by mrvitalis(m): 10:13am On Oct 17, 2022
Wike has PDP where he wants them ...they have nothing on him , have nothing he needs them for

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by lomprico(m): 10:13am On Oct 17, 2022
smiley
Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by HeadNigga: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2022
I thought the PDP took away wike's freedom of speech

14 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Onovo3: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2022
dre11:

https://independent.ng/pdp-owes-nigerians-an-apology-over-atikus-ethnic-comment-says-wike/

Nlfpmod

Wike is obviously pained because he lost the presidential/vice presidential the PDP. I can see the reason why he was not selected. His behaviour is very irritating !

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Eriokanmi: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2022
Who doesn't know Atiku is an ethnic bigot?

He's going to get his votes from a few states in the north, obi and tinubu will share the north with him. Then, he can go to Dubai, his second home and retire for life after losing.

Thank God Nigerians are getting to know them before election commences. We don't need a regional or sectional president like Buhari anymore. There are knowledgeable Nigerians whom the president ought to have worked with, in order to move the country forward. Obj had the best team ever, sourced from the various tribes and ethnic nationalities. Abuse him, blast him, we had a robust economy built from zero to the top during obj era, courtesy his sound econimic team. How can you employ your maid as finance minister in a country like Nigeria, the largest economy in Africa, when we have highly qualified individuals spread across Nigeria, just because of ethnic bigotry? No wonder Nigeria's economy is in shambles today.

Obasanjo sought the best across ethnic lines, even from among the opposition. I remember late Bola ige, the former Attorney-general of Nigeria who came from the then Alliance for Democracy, Madam Dora who dealt ruthlessly
with her people for importing fake drugs. The woman escaped assassination twice. I also remember madam Iweala, etc.
Atiku wouid be worst as president. How can you say you'd sell NNPC to your friends? Does that make any sense? The recent outbursts of the candidates are seen as God at work. They're speaking their minds and only the sane can undestand this.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2022
Cv
Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by tunwumi: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2022
Ok
Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by JoshTim: 10:15am On Oct 17, 2022
Felimax:
Wike go and die!

What Atiku said is the utmost truth and no matter how you twist it the truth must prevail.

@ this moment of our dear nation we need a good, experienced and like Obi said ATIKULATE leader hence we are not voting Atiku because he is Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba or Igbo.

Wike thinks so much of himself and when I told him he will be humbled he never believed.

See this bororo

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Ruggedniggaone: 10:15am On Oct 17, 2022
Foolish wike and his useless gang should be expelled from pdp let him move to apc or labour party

6 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by SmartyPants(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2022
Thinkam:
grin Wike should first apologize to the PDP, for the incessant tantrums he has been throwing.

And moreover Atiku was not wrong, in 2015 APC said the same message to northerners, so what is wrong with Atiku repeating same message.

After all Tinubu is singing the same song in the west.

Let everyone vote their own grin tongue

Atiku is coming

That was an own goal. Sorry.

Atiku will not win a single state in the south with this. I can guarantee you now.

I have a nominal respect for Atiku but I can now see that another 4 - 8 years of Atiku will be another 4 - 8 years of northerners riding roughshod over the rest of us.

Too bad he had to play undermine his own unifier message by playing the ethnic card.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by GolDRoger: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2022
angry6
Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by franchasofficia: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2022
No need.

It is left for Nigerians to vote who they want.

If Nigerians after suffering the worst leadership under Buhari a known tribal-religious bigot who paraded himself as the king of the North yet presided over the total massacre of Northerners for the past 7 years decides to elect another old criminal bigots like Atiku or Tinubu, then they should not bother God or whatever they worship with their usual hypocritical prayers seeking for God's help, even after God have revealed to them the truth about these criminal old men.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Godfullsam(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2022
Atiku claimed he knows every where in Nigeria and has built bridges.

What bridge exactly Maybe because he married from the three major tribes.

Las Las this election will be a regional one with most people from the south east rooting for Obi, most from southwest rooting for tinubu and most people from the north rooting for Atiku.

The minority tribes will determine the winner.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by SmartyPants(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2022
Felimax:
Wike go and die!

Even in your dreams, where you wan see Nyesom Wike to tell him anything? Gerrout of here my boy.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 17, 2022
grin
We all knew this was coming ....Wike gonna milk this fat cow

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by onomeabuja: 10:17am On Oct 17, 2022
dre11:

Nlfpmod

Wike ,
Atiku is not ur mate in anything! & he owes no one any rotten apology because some candidates had also said such.
Go and verify u pissed , selfish and arrogant governor embarassed
Whom de Bleep do u think u are ranting on every issue of d WAZIRI of adamawa.
Go Bleep d transformer & go and join ur Obi or EVIL APC who cares!!!

3 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Preacherrr(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2022
This man should take it easy on pdp and atiku, he is holding them by the gullet.

11 Likes

Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by WebSurfer(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2022
grin
Re: Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment by Hushcrown: 10:17am On Oct 17, 2022
Yes..... Ofcourse

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers: Hilda Dokubo Appointed New Labour Party Acting Chairman / Festus Keyamo Asks Atiku To Apologize To Tinubu And Nigerians / Niger-Delta Avengers: Osinbajo Meets governors, Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.