Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,074 members, 7,953,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:32 PM

Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim (4410 Views)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Buhari And Atiku's Absence From The Presidential Debate / PDP Defends Atiku’s Absence At Obi’s Reception In Awka / Atiku's "Absence" Causing Tensed Moments As Elections Draw Close (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by eyeview: 2:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by martowskin1(m): 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
post=74972907:
Sane , honest and hardworking Nigerians, kindly read and digest.
Let them keep wailing while we keep shutting their mouth with facts and project accomplishments of our darling President as he takes us to the NEXT LEVEL.

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: WHEN DID THE PDP START LOVING AND RESPECTING DEBATES?

1. For the 1999 presidential election, General Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP refused to debate with Chief Olu Falae of the APP/AD coalition - Obasanjo won the election!
2. For the 2003 presidential election, President Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP refused to debate with General Muhammadu Buhari of the ANPP - Obasanjo won the election!
3. For the 2007 presidential election, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar'Adua of the PDP refused to debate with General Muhammadu Buhari of the ANPP - Yar'Adua won the election!
4. For the 2011 presidential election, President Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan of the PDP refused to debate with General Muhammadu Buhari of the CPC - Goodluck Jonathan won the election!
5. For the 2015 presidential election, General Muhammadu Buhari of the APC refused to debate with President Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan of the PDP after it emerged that the organizers of the debate have carefully leaked all the debate questions to President Jonathan - General Buhari won the election!
So, with the current madness of the PDP and their poorly educated minions shouting about a debate, and even posting on their unedifying social media pages that Buhari MUST debate or resign, one is compelled to ask that at what time or at what point in our country's political history did the PDP start loving debates? Or are they merely exhibiting their common attributes of short memories and outright moronism?
By the way, what is even a debate? The fact that the PDP left 27 states broke to the point that they owed workers' salaries for upwards of 14 months despite selling crude oil at $142 per barrel and Buhari came and bailed them out with oil selling at $27 per barrel has made the PDP lose whatever debate they want!
How about the pensions and gratuities of workers of the Nigerian Airways, Nigerian Railways Corporation, NITEL, M-TEL, NEPA and other public outfits which the PDP killed and refused to pay during their 16 years of ruinous rule but which Buhari is now settling in spite of not earning even half of what PDP earned in revenues? Hasn't this won the debate and election for President Buhari already? In all honesty, can the PDP have answers for such questions in any debate?
And can the PDP even answer debate questions on why it took the coming of Buhari as President for the roads they neglected to begin to be rebuilt? If the debate moderator asks Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to say something to President Buhari on the road Buhari is building to Jada, Atiku's village, what will he say? Will he thank Buhari or will he say ''the PDP initiated the road and forgot to implement it''? And can Atiku Abubakar explain in any debate what the PDP did with the $16 billion they purportedly spent on giving Nigerians electricity between 1999 and 2007 alone but which only megawatts of darkness was given to Nigerians?
In just 3 years out of PDP's 16 years ruinous rule, the PDP under the presidency of Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan purportedly spent about 700 billion naira on their so called SURE-P Programme, which is almost the annual budgets of about 10 states in Nigeria, but no one has seen the fruit or results of this monumental ''investment'' in our economy - no industries were built by any of ''the beneficiaries'' and neither has it translated into the diversification of the country's economy through agriculture and other production sectors, just as it has not resulted in the revamping of the textile factories and other industries that were alive and productive when the PDP took over from the military. In the end, PDP's unexplained use of such humongous sums of our country's finances over time resulted in Nigeria now becoming the poverty capital of the world!
[b]How can anyone or any country spend such humongous sums on social investment, and yet the country ends up being the world's poverty capital? Where are the beneficiaries and who are they? What did they do with with such large sums that they received from the federal government? Even if they drank beer or smoked weed with the monies, shouldn't it have still boosted the country's economy? Now, can the PDP or Alhaji Atiku Abubakar answer such queries at any debate?
Very poignantly, just today, the day of the so called presidential debate, President Buhari commissioned a water port at Baro, Niger State, which is the first of its kind in northern Nigeria, a successful programme that will ease the movement of heavy industrial goods and equipment to the northern part of the country through ships, which then boosts the local economy of the north and hence that of Nigeria in general. Why did the PDP fail to do this noble project throughout their 16 years of ruinous rule? Equally important is, while the PDP is polluting Nigeria's healthy airspace with hypocritical noises about a debate, work on the Second Niger Bridge in Southeastern Nigeria is in full progress under the leadership of President Buhari. Wasn't this the very same project that the PDP converted to a mere campaign promise for the Igbo?[/b]
So many questions over the 16 wasted years of the PDP at any debate but serious Nigerians are more focused on fixing and clearing the pungent rot they created and left behind than wasting more precious time in debating a horde of thieves and gangsters on live TV!
President Buhari's superlative performance in just three years has defeated PDP's 16 years absence at debates and their grossly poor performance for Nigerians!

This is the END OF THE WHOLE MATTER

No body is arguing buhari performance with u, u can list heaven and earth....

Debate does not decide who election, at least in Nigeria...

But if we are really going to make Nigeria a sane society, we need to start behaving like sane people...

Except u are saying all the people complaining about their absense are mad, na only APC supporters get sense
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by Trustee1: 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
Nigerians shouldn't waste useful energy that'll be used to stand on the queue on election day to discuss the absence of a vegetative president from a debate he obviously can never do even if it's against a Class 3 child. So please keep it positive till Feb 16 when we can vote for intellectual minds and people with a well defended certificate not forgers and buyers of certificate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by Trustee1: 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
post=74972907:
Sane , honest and hardworking Nigerians, kindly read and digest.
Let them keep wailing while we keep shutting their mouth with facts and project accomplishments of our darling President as he takes us to the NEXT LEVEL.

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: WHEN DID THE PDP START LOVING AND RESPECTING DEBATES?

1. For the 1999 presidential election, General Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP refused to debate with Chief Olu Falae of the APP/AD coalition - Obasanjo won the election!
2. For the 2003 presidential election, President Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP refused to debate with General Muhammadu Buhari of the ANPP - Obasanjo won the election!
3. For the 2007 presidential election, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar'Adua of the PDP refused to debate with General Muhammadu Buhari of the ANPP - Yar'Adua won the election!
4. For the 2011 presidential election, President Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan of the PDP refused to debate with General Muhammadu Buhari of the CPC - Goodluck Jonathan won the election!
5. For the 2015 presidential election, General Muhammadu Buhari of the APC refused to debate with President Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan of the PDP after it emerged that the organizers of the debate have carefully leaked all the debate questions to President Jonathan - General Buhari won the election!
So, with the current madness of the PDP and their poorly educated minions shouting about a debate, and even posting on their unedifying social media pages that Buhari MUST debate or resign, one is compelled to ask that at what time or at what point in our country's political history did the PDP start loving debates? Or are they merely exhibiting their common attributes of short memories and outright moronism?
By the way, what is even a debate? The fact that the PDP left 27 states broke to the point that they owed workers' salaries for upwards of 14 months despite selling crude oil at $142 per barrel and Buhari came and bailed them out with oil selling at $27 per barrel has made the PDP lose whatever debate they want!
How about the pensions and gratuities of workers of the Nigerian Airways, Nigerian Railways Corporation, NITEL, M-TEL, NEPA and other public outfits which the PDP killed and refused to pay during their 16 years of ruinous rule but which Buhari is now settling in spite of not earning even half of what PDP earned in revenues? Hasn't this won the debate and election for President Buhari already? In all honesty, can the PDP have answers for such questions in any debate?[/b]
And can the PDP even answer debate questions on why it took the coming of Buhari as President for the roads they neglected to begin to be rebuilt? If the debate moderator asks Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to say something to President Buhari on the road Buhari is building to Jada, Atiku's village, what will he say? Will he thank Buhari or will he say ''the PDP initiated the road and forgot to implement it''? And can Atiku Abubakar explain in any debate what the PDP did with the $16 billion they purportedly spent on giving Nigerians electricity between 1999 and 2007 alone but which only megawatts of darkness was given to Nigerians?
In just 3 years out of PDP's 16 years ruinous rule, the PDP under the presidency of Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan purportedly spent about 700 billion naira on their so called SURE-P Programme, which is almost the annual budgets of about 10 states in Nigeria, but no one has seen the fruit or results of this monumental ''investment'' in our economy - no industries were built by any of ''the beneficiaries'' and neither has it translated into the diversification of the country's economy through agriculture and other production sectors, just as it has not resulted in the revamping of the textile factories and other industries that were alive and productive when the PDP took over from the military. In the end, PDP's unexplained use of such humongous sums of our country's finances over time resulted in Nigeria now becoming the poverty capital of the world!
How can anyone or any country spend such humongous sums on social investment, and yet the country ends up being the world's poverty capital? Where are the beneficiaries and who are they? What did they do with with such large sums that they received from the federal government? Even if they drank beer or smoked weed with the monies, shouldn't it have still boosted the country's economy? Now, can the PDP or Alhaji Atiku Abubakar answer such queries at any debate?
Very poignantly, just today, the day of the so called presidential debate, President Buhari commissioned a water port at Baro, Niger State, which is the first of its kind in northern Nigeria, a successful programme that will ease the movement of heavy industrial goods and equipment to the northern part of the country through ships, which then boosts the local economy of the north and hence that of Nigeria in general.
Why did the PDP fail to do this noble project throughout their 16 years of ruinous rule? Equally important is, while the PDP is polluting Nigeria's healthy airspace with hypocritical noises about a debate, work on the Second Niger Bridge in Southeastern Nigeria is in full progress under the leadership of President Buhari. Wasn't this the very same project that the PDP converted to a mere campaign promise for the Igbo?
So many questions over the 16 wasted years of the PDP at any debate but serious Nigerians are more focused on fixing and clearing the pungent rot they created and left behind than wasting more precious time in debating a horde of thieves and gangsters on live TV!
President Buhari's superlative performance in just three years has defeated PDP's 16 years absence at debates and their grossly poor performance for Nigerians!

This is the END OF THE WHOLE MATTER
Jonathan did other debates and obviously had more than a forged certificate. Stay Dumb and pressed.
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by madridsta007(m): 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2019
mrrights:
Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-Hashim

Challenges APC, PDP to debate, praises Obby, Durotoye and Moghalu for good performance

Presidential candidate of the People’s Trust (PT), Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, on Sunday said that the failure of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) to appear at a presidential debate in Abuja on Saturday amounted to contempt of the electorate.

Olawepo-Hashim, who also challenged the two parties to a fresh debate said that the NEDG.BON must immediately set up a new debate featuring his party and the two big parties.

He said: “Nigerian electorate deserve to scrutinise the candidates and programmes of the two behemoths that have come to be known as the two evils of Nigerian politics. Their absence under whatever excuse(s) shows their contempt for the electorate.”

Olawepo-Hashim, whose party is also known as the Third Force, and who had earlier protested his exclusion from the debate said that he was volunteering to enter into a debate with the APC and PDP candidates at any location of their choice.

He also praised the candidates of the three candidates who appeared at the debate, declaring that they gave good accounts of themselves.

According to Mr Hashim, “Nigerian electorate deserve to scrutinise the candidates and programmes of the two behemoths that have come to be known as the “two evils of Nigerian politics. Their absence under whatever excuse(s) shows their contempt for the electorate.

The PT presidential candidate, however, congratulated the candidates of the ACPN, Mrs Oby Ezekwesili; YPP, Mr Kinsley Moghalu and ANN, Mr Fela Durotoye for “their brilliant performance at the debate.”

“The three candidates advertised to the world, a teaser of what stuff new generation of political leaders are made of,” he said.

Mr Olawepo-Hashim called on the NEDG/BON to immediately organise another debate to include People’s Trust, the biggest of the newly registered political parties that had been unfairly excluded.

“We have complained about this in the past, a new debate will be a good way to cure the debate platform of that error. There is no problem in making a mistake by excluding us, but it will be dishonourable not to seize a good opportunity to correct your error.”

The PT presidential candidate further called on the organisers to also include promising candidates like Omoyele Sowore and others who may be interested in the next round of the debate.

According to him, it is fundamental not to allow the APC and PDP escape public scrutiny which a debate symbolises.

Olawepo-Hashim added that it will not even matter if the APC is represented at the proposed debate by another person other than the President Buhari, whom he said may be afraid of public scrutiny due to his obvious display of lack of presence of mind in recent public outings.

“We are persuaded now that we can excuse Mr Buhari; all we want is to scrutinise APC’s record at a proper presidential debate. Nigerians have a right to that debate,” Olawepo-Hashim said.
“We are persuaded now that we can excuse Mr Buhari;
https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/185285/

We are persuaded now that we can excuse Mr Buhari;

From this statement, it’s clear that this Hashim Fellow is another Buhari and APC apologist and appointee. Who is the “we” in your statement? You want to debate against a government which is in charge and you want to excuse the Presidential candidate of APC while you, a Presidential candidate, will debate.

Doesn’t that show how clueless and hypocritical you are?
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
njimezz:
Is quiet unfortunate which way nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQRryNzHOks

That song was since in the 80s by the late Sunny Okosun. Title: WHICH WAY NIGERIA?!

Here is the message being passed in the lyrics.

"[b]which way nigeria
which way to go
i love my father land
o yeah
i want to know
yes i want to know
i love my fatherland
which nigeria is heading to
which way nigeria
which way to go
i love my fatherland
which way to go
i want to know
which way nigeria is heading to
many years after independence
we still find it hard to start
how long shall we be patient still we reach the promise land
lets save nigeria
so nigeria wont die
which way Nigeria
which way to go
i love my fatherland
i want to know
which way Nigeria is heading to
every little thing that goes wrong
we start to blame the goverment
we know everything that goes wrong
we are part of the goverment
lets save Nigeria
so Nigeria wont die
which way Nigeria
which way to go
i love my fatherland
i want to know
which way Nigeria
inefficiency and indiscipline
is ruining the country now
corruption here there and every where
inflation is very high
lets save Nigeria
so Nigeria wont die
which way Nigeria
which way to go
i love my fatherland
o sure sure
i want to know
yes i want to know
we make mistakes in the oil boom
not knowing that was our doom
some people now have everything
while some have nothing
lets save Nigeria so Nigeria wont fall
which way Nigeria
which way to go
i love my fatherland
Green revolution is a reality
lets give it a chance to grow
lets join our hands together to farm the land so we can have enough food to chew
lets save Nigeria
so Nigeria wont die
which way Nigeria
which way to go
i love my fatherland
i want to know
which way Nigeria heading to
our ambition to become millionaires is ruining the country down
we all want to be millionaires we want to leave in the earth
lets save Nigeria
so Nigeria wont die
which way Nigeria
i love my fatherland
i want to know
remember that a single step is the beginning of a million mile
lets start right now to
rebuild ourselves to make the country smile
lets save Nigeria so Nigeria wont die
which way Nigeria
which way to go
i love my fatherland
i want to know
heaven and earth will pass away
it is written in the book of God
the good people will surely find their way
and the meek will inherit the world
lets save Nigeria so Nigeria wont fall
which way Nigeria
which way to go
i love my fatherland
which way Nigeria
which way to go i love my fatherland
i want to know
yes i want to know
which Nigeria is heading to
lets save Nigeria
one more time which way Nigeria is heading to
AMEN"
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by Billionaire09: 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
Boycotting elections debates is an act of war.

Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by mrrights: 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2019
sad
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
sad
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by precious1967(m): 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
who owns the least certificate among d presidential aspirants?
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
check inec list for answer
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2019
Really a contempt on Nigerians. The electorates that deserve good communication and their manifesto don't seem to be stake holders to these politicians seeking public offices...

Do You Desire A Very Good Property (Landed property or to buy a house.apartment) for acquisition or as a form of Investment That Guarantee High Return... Check our signature below on how to get on PROMO affordable titled lands & properties in good location with Rest of mind. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment. Don't miss the current promos Visit our Ikeja Office (Off Medical Road) or OUR ISLAND OFFICE ON LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY (AWOYAYA).
Re: Buhari, Atiku’s Absence At Debate Contempt Of Nigerians ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Very bad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Meet Okonjo-iweala's Son After He Reportedly Proposed To Genevieve / Caption This Picture Of Tinubu And Ooni Of Ife At Baba Akande Autobiograpy Event / State Police: Governors Not To Be Trusted With Control Of Arms — Sir Udensi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.