Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review (14697 Views)

Obidients On A Boat Ride To Peter Obi Rally At TBS Lagos / Pic: Atiku Waving At Empty Stands At TBS In Lagos? / PDP Mega Campaign Rally To Hold At TBS, Lagos On Tuesday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review by alextayo(m): 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
@ Your report is true in terms of infrastructure and maintenance. Just as you rightly mentioned, it is only good for weekends.

However, due to the very poor service delivery of the BRT operators (Primero Ltd), the place is a terrible place during week days especially rush hour. The buses hardly come and there is always a very long queue at the terminals. The queues are not properly maintained despite the presence of security guards. Even staff are involved in aiding their friends to jump the queue putting them in the bus before it gets to the loading bay. Except on rare occasions, the least amount you can spend on the queue is 1 hour/ 1 hour 30 minutes.

They are times when people will buy non refundable tickets and there will be no buses to convey them to their destination (just like yesterday afternoon). During closing hour especially with the last bus, the management always make sure all their staff are seated before loading passengers, no matter how long the queue is and this makes us to ask this question: Who should come first, customers or staff?

The experience at the TBS terminal is not always good especially for Ikorodu bound passengers but we always endure because it is a lesser evil compared to the perennial terrible traffic on Ikorodu road.

1 Like

Re: An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review by AutoReportNG: 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2019
uuzba:
Commendable. But one more step remains. Like every other major city in the world, there needs to be emissions control. Discouraging pertrol/diesel vehicles in the city and promoting electric ones. Because, this place, as fine as e reach, black smoke go full am O. Carry white hanky there first.
What good is chilling there when black smoke from buses and passing vehicles can splash on your face.

I agree with your take on having a paradigm shift in terms of emissions but I dont think you have business with the buses when in this park. The seats are seperated from the buses like 5-7 meters away... You can only hear the noise of the buses, I doubt if the smoke ever comes near. I was there for close to 3 hours and I didnt notice such.
Re: An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review by AutoReportNG: 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
alextayo:
@ Your report is true in terms of infrastructure and maintenance. Just as you rightly mentioned, it is only good for weekends.

However, due to the very poor service delivery of the BRT operators (Primero Ltd), the place is a terrible place during week days especially rush hour. The buses hardly come and there is always a very long queue at the terminals. The queues are not properly maintained despite the presence of security guards. Even staff are involved in aiding their friends to jump the queue putting them in the bus before it gets to the loading bay. Except on rare occasions, the least amount you can spend on the queue is 1 hour/ 1 hour 30 minutes.

They are times when people will buy non refundable tickets and there will be no buses to convey them to their destination (just like yesterday afternoon). During closing hour especially with the last bus, the management always make sure all their staff are seated before loading passengers, no matter how long the queue is and this makes us to ask this question: Who should come first, customers or staff?

The experience at the TBS terminal is not always good especially for Ikorodu bound passengers but we always endure because it is a lesser evil compared to the perennial terrible traffic on Ikorodu road.

Well said and I agree with you totally. We are combining notes on these too as someone has sent us a mail earlier. The truth is that Primero is behaving like a spoilt child cos they enjoy the monopolisitic nature in Lagos state. Let's hope they will sit up and adjust.
Re: An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review by adedayourt(m): 7:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
I don't believe this write up to the a true representation of what tbs looks like on a good day.

This images were most likely taken on a Sunday evening wen traffic is at its lowest.

Tbs is usually rough, crowded, people jumping railing to look the limited buses that comes around after an hr of standing, various sizes & and shapes of pet bottles, snack wrapper all over and never conducive for sight seeing at dat moment. You ll dislike tbs at that moment.

Non the less we cannot take away the fact that the government out measures in place to clean up the surroundings.
Re: An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review by AutoReportNG: 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2019
adedayourt:
I don't believe this write up to the a true representation of what tbs looks like on a good day.

This images were most likely taken on a Sunday evening wen traffic is at its lowest.

Tbs is usually rough, crowded, people jumping railing to look the limited buses that comes around after an hr of standing, various sizes & and shapes of pet bottles, snack wrapper all over and never conducive for sight seeing at dat moment. You ll dislike tbs at that moment.

Non the less we cannot take away the fact that the government out measures in place to clean up the surroundings.

Pls rread the write up Sir, its says Sunday...
Re: An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review by 9jaRealist: 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2019
uuzba:
Commendable. But one more step remains. Like every other major city in the world, there needs to be emissions control. Discouraging pertrol/diesel vehicles in the city and promoting electric ones. Because, this place, as fine as e reach, black smoke go full am O. Carry white hanky there first.
What good is chilling there when black smoke from buses and passing vehicles can splash on your face.

Nigeria has trouble just generating electricity for basic everyday living and necessities (albeit Alstom has signed on to electrify the Lagos Blue Line rail mass transit). Nonetheless, the new high-capacity buses in Lagos that will ultimately replace Danfo on most routes are supposed to be more environmentally-friendly. I think they will be running on CNG.
Re: An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review by AutoReportNG: 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2019
princetom1:
You disappointed big time on this one... How do u go somewhere and they said free wifi and u using an excuse because u carried ur mifi with u, u didn't test the free one? Or u don't just wanna say the truth, that no wifi there?

Sorry Sir, but there is a free wifi in that park, I decided not to switch cos I was on call using the mifi and switching might disrupt the connection. Next time I visit, I will confirm and give you an honest feedback.

Hope to see you there soon.
Re: An Evening At The TBS BRT Terminus - A Review by adedayourt(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Pls rread the write up Sir, its says Sunday...

Not disputing that either

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are You Doing As A Citizen To Help Nigeria? / Bogoro Crisis: Dogara Stripped Of Traditional Title In Bauchi / 2023: I Am Igbo’s Route To Presidency — Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.