Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,801 members, 7,851,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:52 AM

A Facebook User Says Kadariah Ahmed Was Unpatriotic In The Questions To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Facebook User Says Kadariah Ahmed Was Unpatriotic In The Questions To Buhari (643 Views)

Mauritanians enslave Black people. Yet Datti Ahmed, was allowed to Run as VP. / Imagine If General Hassan Ahmed Was Shot Dead In The South-east / 2019: "Obasanjo Is Dishonest, Unpatriotic," "Buhari Is A Useless Man" - Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Facebook User Says Kadariah Ahmed Was Unpatriotic In The Questions To Buhari by Built2last: 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
WE MUST PROTECT THE IMAGE AND VIRILITY OF
OUR HEAD OF STATES. WE MUST LEARN FROM ADVANCED DEMOCRACIES. KADARIAH AHMED WAS OUT OF ORDER - DOWNRIGHT UNPROFESSIONAL, UNPATRIOTIC & DISRESPECTFUL!

Kadariah Ahmed’s Comment Was Highly Disrespectful To The Office Of The President!

No doubt she did a brilliant job on the night, I admired her direct probing and dispassionate questions directed at both the President and Vice President.

But her comment that the President can speak
for himself was patronising,unpatriotic and unprofessional. She was there to do her job as an interviewer and not act as a matron. She did a disservice to her fatherland. How can an interviewer on national TV say to the VP “ah-a leave him alone he can speak for himself”. Was she talking about her neighbour or her colleague in the office? Did she know that was the Commander of the Nigerian Armed Forces!!?? It is not about the person of Buhari but the office. A more professional approach would have been for her to say to the VP, “Ok thank you Mr Vice President but I was actually directing that question to Mr President”. She would then turn to the President and repeat the question, that is being professional. Even the use of the word ‘ah-a’ where did she think she was - in Wuse market!?

Granted it might not have been the President’s best interview, but I remember a week before Mr President appeared before Ms Kadariah Ahmed he had an interview with Arise TV and he was brilliant, articulate, full of energy, humour and mischief. People have their good days and bad days in the office - I take it this interview was one of those bad days.

However when our President, the Head and Leader of our nation appears on national TV before the world - as Nigerians we have a greater duty to Nigeria our glory and our pride. It doesn’t matter if the person in front of you is PDP or APC, it doesn’t matter if he is - President Obasanjo, Yaradua, Jonathan, Buhari, Moghalu, Sowore, Atiku or Donald Duke - whoever it is, we must not expose any perceived weakness in our Leader and the Head of our nation - because it is highly UNPATRIOTIC, we are not doing it to the person but to the exalted office of the Commander in Chief and to Nigeria as a corporate entity made up of 170 million Nigerians. The virility of our nation must not be toyed with by our careless remarks on the world stage. IT HAS TO BE NIGERIA FIRST!

Nigerians do not know this - but every interview of all American Presidents is scripted. The President is briefed and is fully aware of what he is going to be asked. The press briefing might look chaotic but the President is already aware of the questions he is going to be asked - that is why there are questions the President will completely ignore. You wonder why Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump have ready answers - it’s not because they are super human, they are briefed. Even Theresa May’s , Prime Ministers questions, she is informed a week before she is asked any question in Parliament - this is why she has a prepared piece of
paper in front of her. These are nations that understand and protect the image of their leaders. Because they know the Leader is the face and the power of the nation! But not here in Nigeria - we applaud when our Head of State is ridiculed. We did it to Yaradua, Jonathan and now we are doing it to Buhari. President Franklin Roosevelt was paralysed and wheel chair bound - did you know the American public was not aware of his condition all throughout the 12 yrs he was President, until the last 2yrs!?

This unpatriotism in us must stop. You don’t have to agree with the President’s political views but for GOODNESS SAKE PROTECT THE GLORY OF THIS NATION.

While Nigerians are applauding this lady - I feel hurt, embarrassed and angry. I think of Nigeria’s image internationally. A more professional interviewer would not have said what she said - it was highly disrespectful. Her managers or the Presidential media team should please make sure we don’t allow inexperienced media practitioners interview our Head of States. The national damage is incalculable!

It wouldn’t matter to me if it was Atiku sitting there as President- I would still say the same thing. We cannot and must not disrespect the office of the President. I don’t think her comments were intentional- but they were just highly unprofessional!

It should not happen again!

2 Likes

Re: A Facebook User Says Kadariah Ahmed Was Unpatriotic In The Questions To Buhari by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2019
Ok
Re: A Facebook User Says Kadariah Ahmed Was Unpatriotic In The Questions To Buhari by Built2last: 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2019
Madam Kemi Olulowo has informed us there are Journalist on hit list. Kadariah should watch her back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Facebook User Says Kadariah Ahmed Was Unpatriotic In The Questions To Buhari by hisexcellency34: 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
The lady looks kike someone from Sudan, so why should she disrespect her brother Jubril?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Facebook User Says Kadariah Ahmed Was Unpatriotic In The Questions To Buhari by StillX10(m): 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
She has done her job that's all about it

Osinbajo shouldn't be struggling to answer questions not directed at him

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Is Set To Get 9 Million Votes From The South East-obi / 2019 Election: Any Vote Against Atiku Is A Vote For Buhari. / Caption This Business Day Paper Cartoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.