Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' (20505 Views)

Strike Still On, Says ASUU President / Strike Still On, Says ASUU President / Will ASUU Strike Still End Before Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by agabaI23(m): 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
maisauki:
ds ppl neva cease to amaze me...wia r d monies dat had ealier bn releasd to dem gone? plz som1 shd mention 1, just 1, marketable invention dat any of ds uni av don
DONT DISTURB URSEF COS U WONT C ANY
You don do invention in a lab that has no constant power, no reagents. That is the revitalization they are talking about
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by tyup(m): 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
Zaheertyler:
you cannot pay this people 50 billion.. whatever they use the money to do is their problem.. you owe them pay them.... useless government that only knows how to oppress people.. that illiterate mannabbq cow would come and shout sai baba.. that your bbq would burn your tongue there

do you mean that dirty brain
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
slimany:

Don't worry, By the time JOHESU Starts her own strike on the 30th, I hope u won't tag them SDP agents.
this Ipob people and the opposition party are behind all these nonsense now

sad
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by Fidelismaria: 12:05am On Jan 22, 2019
kingchris30:
anytime they like, they should call off, my only concern is my house rent that will soon expire.

Lol

Same ere ooo

1 Like

Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by Realfrankie(m): 12:12am On Jan 22, 2019
ASSU and FG na scam
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by apparentlylaw(m): 12:14am On Jan 22, 2019
All the money FG recovers from fraud cases or looters is more than enough to settle ASUU and revitalize public universities... Why beating around the bush and playing with our future.....
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by Usmanauna: 3:34am On Jan 22, 2019
Oh Allah gave me money b/4 our childeren come 2 this world because i will not allow my son 2 go 2 public university in this country rather he will study in private or aboard university by Allah grace Oh Allah gave me money b/4 our childeren come 2 this world because i will not allow my son 2 go 2 public university in this country rather he will study in private or aboard university by Allah grace Oh Allah gave me money b/4 our childeren come 2 this world because i will not allow my son 2 go 2 public university in this country rather he will study in private or aboard university by Allah grace

1 Like

Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by jolyment: 5:27am On Jan 22, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
ASUU working for PDP.
The opposition Pdpigz party are behind all these just to rubbish Sai Baba's government.

You're very funny, ASUU do go on strike during PDP too. The strike wasn't sponsor by any party.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by Newman224: 5:55am On Jan 22, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
ASUU working for PDP.
The opposition Pdpigz party are behind all these just to rubbish Sai Baba's government.

Can you listen to yourself.ASUU working for PDP?.When will some people have sense?
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by maisauki: 6:49am On Jan 22, 2019
agabaI23:
You don do invention in a lab that has no constant power, no reagents. That is the revitalization they are talking about
wat stops unis frm generatin dia own power or of wat esence s d knowlegee dey claim to av if it dosnt solve problems, at least dia own
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by Ooluwatobi95: 6:52am On Jan 22, 2019
Am nt condemning ASUU but FG expecially buhari,see ur generations will also suffer for this.
you have forget that what goes around will comes around.
AYE RE KONI NI ITUMON
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by percyshelu(m): 7:13am On Jan 22, 2019
Is it a crime to be a Nigerian??
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by Meritocracy: 7:17am On Jan 22, 2019
Another problem loading if FG release money for ASUU alone despite the fact that there are four union in the university. The other union can make university unconducive for learning if government don't address sharing formula as they did last time. Ngige should wake up and behave as someone who also pass through university.
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by nosaklint: 7:18am On Jan 22, 2019
It would take time before this country would be able to solve its educational problem. Federal Government should give ASUU their demand and let the children return back to school.
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by agabaI23(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2019
maisauki:
wat stops unis frm generatin dia own power or of wat esence s d knowlegee dey claim to av if it dosnt solve problems, at least dia own
You don't generate your own power with school fees of 23k for medicine and Pharmacy and no funding from anywhere. Private is sceptical because there is no capacity so the outsource to India.
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by Juliearth(f): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
ASUU working for PDP.

If PDP is behind ASUU's insistence on getting the FG to do what is expected of them, then I guess PDP is the elixir that we need to make this country great.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by Juliearth(f): 8:24am On Jan 22, 2019
Quality20:
after the presidential election, they might call it off

If it is not called off now(before the presidential election) then calling-off may take longer. The only reason the FG is having meetings back-to-back with ASUU is for campaign purpose. If Vuharia wins this election, then this strike may linger till the end of the year. If Atiku wins, it will be called off,but that will be after handing over/swearing in.
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by RoastedCorn(m): 9:45am On Jan 22, 2019
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by highness25(m): 10:57am On Jan 22, 2019
craix:
After the Federal Government and ASUU had a close door meeting which lasted for 4 hours today. The President of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi has told Journalists that the meeting has ended and there are some areas needed to be address.

He said, “We have not suspended the strike, the discussion will continue at a later date. We are going back to our members for further consultation. FG gave us reaction to our proposals but there were still grey areas that we are trying to sort out.

“Before the strike can be suspended, the most critical area that FG must address is revitalization. It is central to our academic work, unless that area is addressed, our members will still have issues. We are not demanding for N50bn, we are saying that the minimum that FG can release to reactivate revitalization fund is N50bn.”

Meanwhile, the Minister of Labour, Chris Ngige said the government have agree to meet up with the demands of the Union and waiting for ASUU Leadership for another meeting.

The Minister also added, “We did not take a long time than we anticipated. We have other commitments but the important thing is that we have made substantial progress. We have reached some agreements in seven areas. Most of the issues have been resolved but ASUU will need to consult its members and come with what they think.

SOURCE:https://www.thenaijaface.com/2019/01/strike-still-contunies-still-we-meet.html
op, tell ASUU to send their account details let all the students in the country contribute 100n each, we'll raise more than 50b for them to call it off because Buhari will not reason their matter, you can see he's busy touring the country for his re-election.
Re: ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 12:59am On Jan 24, 2019
Juliearth:

If PDP is behind ASUU's insistence on getting the FG to do what is expected of them, then I guess PDP is the elixir that we need to make this country great.
whose the ugly sex doll in ur profile?

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Professor Of Math In Nigeria: Ezeilo Or Olubummo? / MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG / Sexualization Of School Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.