Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Points Or Concern And Action | Obasanjo's Letter To PMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Points Or Concern And Action | Obasanjo's Letter To PMB (237 Views)

Xenophobia: Obasanjo’s Letter To South Africa's Mangosuthu Buthelezi / Shehu Sani On Obasanjo’s Letter: Buhari Should Not Use It As Toilet Roll / Lai Mohammed Disobeyed Me By Replying Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Points Or Concern And Action | Obasanjo's Letter To PMB by gasufri: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2019
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo might have left Aso Rock but his prints never disappears from the Aso Rock. Baba Olu as fondly called by some has over the years proofed that he has a knack to write letters and many suggest he should go into the media. Recall that after he left office as the President of Nigeria, he has been writing series of letters to his successors. He did that when  Goodluck Jonathan was the Presideent and again, he has come for PMB. The tilte of the letter you are about to read is;

POINTS FOR CONCERN AND ACTION.

I am concerned as a democrat who believes that with faithful and diligent practice of democracy, we can get over most of our political problems and move steadfastly and surefootedly on the course of stability, unity of purpose, socio-economic growth and progress for all.

Democracy becomes a sham if elections are carried out by people who should be impartial and neutral umpires, but who show no integrity, acting with blatant partiality, duplicity and imbecility. For all democrats and those carrying out the process of elections, there must be the redline that must not be crossed in tactics and practices of democracy.

I personally have serious doubt about the present INEC’s integrity, impartiality and competence to conduct a fair, free and credible election. And if the INEC is willing, will the ruling party and government allow it? From what we saw and knew about Osun State gubernatorial election, what was conclusive was declared inconclusive despite all advice to the contrary. The unnecessary rerun, if viewed as a test-run for a larger general election, would lead people to expect incidences of deliberately contrived, broken or non-working voting machines or card readers, confusion of voters as to their voting stations, inadequate supply of voting materials to designated places, long line to discourage voters and turning blind eyes to favour the blue-eye political party of INEC because the Commission’s hands will be tied to enable hatchet men and women to perform their unwholesome assignment. The transmission and collation of results are subject to interference, manipulation and meddling. If the INEC’s favourite political party wins with all the above infractions, the result will be conclusively declared and if not, there will be a ‘rerun’, the result of which is known before it is carried out. I know that I am not alone in being sceptical about the integrity of INEC and its ability to act creditably and above board. But we are open to be convinced otherwise.

The joke about INEC would seem real. The INEC was asked if the Commission was ready for the election and if it expects the election to be free, fair and credible. The INEC man is reported as saying in response, “we are ready with everything including the results!” God save Nigeria! It is up to Nigerians to ensure that the redline is not crossed in safeguarding our fledgling democracy. And if crossed, appropriate action must be taken not to allow our democracy to be derailed.

A friend of mine who is more credulous and who claims to be close to the Chair of INEC keeps telling me that INEC will retrieve its image and reputation by conducting the coming elections with utmost integrity and impartiality. I am not sure as I believe more in action than in words and in past record than in promise. The track record of the present INEC is fairly sordid and all men and women of goodwill and believers in democracy must be prepared for the worst from INEC and their encouragers and how to get Nigeria out of the electoral morass that the Commission is driving us into. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. A battle long forewarned does not embroil the cripple nor catch him unawares. A word is sufficient for the wise.
The labour of Nigerian democracy heroes must not be in vain. Some men of God would hold President Buhari to his word on free, fair, credible and peaceful elections. I am a realist and I reiterate that I go by track record. Therefore, I am not persuaded by a track record of hollow words, impunity, insensitivity and ‘I-couldn’t-care-less’ attitude, or by the sanctimonious claims of any candidate and his campaign staff. I will only believe what I see. This is a time for vigilance to fight to safeguard our votes and defend our democracy. The price of liberty and sustenance of our democracy is eternal vigilance and appropriate reaction to ward off iniquities. We must all be ready to pay that price and not relying on hollow words of callousness. The derailment of Nigerian democracy will be a monumental disaster comparable to the disaster of the Nigerian first military coup.

See full letter here>>>https://www.infomaza.com/obasanjos-letter-pmb-full-details-letter
Re: Points Or Concern And Action | Obasanjo's Letter To PMB by MrMurphy: 9:10am On Jan 22, 2019
Let baba continues to write letters to deceiving the gullible Nigerians and we'll continue to use our emails to guide and shape their political mentality. Don't we forget that email killed letters and Nigerians are set to use the digital world to shut up the analogue OBJ and send him to political relegation for life
Re: Points Or Concern And Action | Obasanjo's Letter To PMB by Inexorable(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2019
OBJ mismanaged $16b and wrote16 pages of letter after his party ruled for 16 years but we shall end his impunity comes Feb 16.
Re: Points Or Concern And Action | Obasanjo's Letter To PMB by Mrbadmus1(m): 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
Baba wrote just a letter to stop GEJ in 2015, now he's written more than two letters, to tell you how strong Buhari is. All Obasanjo's plan against PMB will fail. Next level all the way

(1) (Reply)

A Vote For APC IS A Vote For Buhari - Farooq Kperogi / Rumour Factory: Oshiomhole Rejects Ebonyi Township Stadium, Prefers APC Campaign / Nigeria: Revolution As Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.