|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,443,831 members, 5,502,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 08:00 PM
Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Biafran Townhall Meeting In Nuremberg, Germany(pics) / Buhari, Atiku, Sowore & Moghalu To Participate In Townhall Meeting. / Summary Of Nnamdi Kanu's World Address By Kayode Ogundamisi (2) (3) (4)
|Summary Of Pdp/apc Candidates Lekki Townhall Meeting by omomummy13: 8:34am On Jan 22, 2019|
*Summary of the TownHall meeting held with Governorship Candidate Babajide Sanwo-Olu at Pistis Event center on 18th January, 2019*
*How soon would the fourth mainland bridge be constructed;*
A regional road is more feasible considering the studies done. The road would run from Freedom road to Ilubirin. Citizens would have to exercise patience on the construction of the fourth mainland bridge.
*Eradication of beggars and money solicitors on our roads;*
The government would look into building a destitute or rehabilitation home where they would be kept and possibly have a law that would stop them from being on the roads.
*Okada Riders on the highway;*
The government is looking towards creating okada riders card which would also serve as a means of identification and monitoring of their activities. They would also be restricted to the streets not because they are not citizens of this state but to reduce accidents on the roads.
*Amendment of the Land Use Act;*
The aim was to increase the number of people that pay and not to make payment difficult for those already paying. This would definitely be looked into.
*Waste Management and Pipe borne water;*
The plan is to have different colors for waste nylons which would help in identification and refinement of wastes. We will study the current system, retain what is good there and bring in what could enhance it.
As for pipe borne water, the government owned estates have pipe borne water in Lekki phase 1. It is however very expensive to undertake some of the desired project now due to funding. Lekki area is peculiar as the growth of the place was faster than our developmental plans and as a government, we are doing catch up. We will however do the best we can
The products from the Lekki free trade zone will be transported from there via Epe and to other parts of the country so as not to affect the congested Lekki transport.
The major challenge is that there is no site of ways available in some locations along the route as they have been built up. The owners are asking for very exorbitant and unreasonable sums. We will still go back to see what could be done. Our focus right now is on the regional road.
*Effective Local Government;*
E-governance would be put in place.
*Transparency on the finances of the state;*
The government would go back to a quarterly publication of our finances.
This has been increased and the government would not relent on installing more cameras in strategic places.
*Health Care Structure;*
Secondary health facilities already constructed at Ogombo would be completed for the Lekki environ. Lagos state would launch its Primary health scheme but the caliber of staff to be employed is still an issue. There would be 27 secondary and 1 tertiary health schemes around the state.
To also help in keeping our environs cleans, all religious leaders should help propagate that everyone should keep their environments clean.
This could not be scrapped as a result of sanctity of contracts. It obvious they are adding values to Lagos finances hence their engagement in other states. They are obviously doing something right otherwise 18 states in the federation would not have signed up with it.
We are currently building some ridges around to help reduce the effect of floods to the point where even if there is flood, within a maximum of two hours it should be gone.
We would also ensure that the 17 canals in Lekki are cleared and de-silted before the rains to prevent flooding. Due to Lagos being about 3 meters below sea level, flash floods are inevitable but they should clear within 3 hours.
*How accessible would your government be?*
The government would be accessible and is willing to listen to the people.
*On Difficulties with the toll gate and traffic*
Whilst it will be impracticable to scrap with the scrapping of the toll gate, the government will consider the suggestion of the Association in reducing costs to residents and also ensure the realignment of the cubicles along heavy traffic flow.
The first roundabout will be scrapped and traffic control lights installed whilst the road is also widened.
You can also check up the website www.babajidesanwoolu.com for more information
*Summary of Town Hall meeting with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial candidate, Mr Jimmy Agbaje and his Team.*
Present at the meeting are the following candidates of PDP in Lagos:
1. Gubernatorial candidate Mr Jimmy Agbaje
2. Deputy gubernatorial candidate Mrs Halimat Oluwayemisi Busari.
3. Senatorial candidate Chief Sumbo Onitoru
4. Mr. Tony Ajala Bakare. House of Rep
5. Hon Ajisebutu. House of Assembly
6. Hon Akala. House of Assembly
Jimmy Agbaje classified Politicians into two types, those seeking power for self and those seeking power for service. He stated he is contesting for the third time to serve. Though Alhaji Jakande ruled for 4 years, his records and infrastructures he provided are still unmatched.
Below are highlights of his programs / promises
1. Traffic lights in freedom way not working, this can be fix in days
2. To provide a coastal road to be tolled. as it will be built via PPP While the existing Lekki toll gate is to be pulled down.
3. To have ferry and boats connecting the riverine areas.
4. To install working CCTV and start neighborhood security system. Community must take charge of their environment.
5. Public Health Service. Government to partner with General practitioners and put a health insurance in place to take care of primary health.
6. To review the Land use charge.
7. To build and equip public schools. Every school to have Wifi with Free internet working with google.
8. Flooding. To go back to Lekki Masterplan in other to address flooding issues. Clean the drainages on schedule basis.
9. On Corruption allegations against PDP, he stated that there is no particularly corrupt party, there are corrupt people in both parties.
10. To create lots of opportunities to explore the ocean economy around Epe axis around fisheries and logistics to serve the Free trade zone.
11. To address power using embedded power, will add 1000 MW in 18 months and 3000 in 4 years to power Lagos.
12. To look at the EIA of Eko Atlantic and stem the negative impacts on Estates like Goshen Estates and along Ijebu Waterside.
13. To address Rural urban migration by developing other areas Lagos centre for financial services, Apapa for marine, Epe for Agric and Ikeja for industries.
14. To Support the domestication of the Freedom of Information Act so citizens can have free access to the records of Lagos finances.
15. To ensure that Youths are given responsibility in the government.
|Re: Summary Of Pdp/apc Candidates Lekki Townhall Meeting by orunmila144: 7:35pm On Jan 26|
just writing to let you know i dont have access to my email that i used to open this nairaland account so while i see that you are trying to contact me with it, i have no access to it
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73