Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Change = Bottom Up. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change = Bottom Up. (945 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change = Bottom Up. by 50kobo: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2007
One of the millions of problems of this country is that we are consumed by the position of the Presidency and Party politricks. Indeed, he is the leader of the country; however the local / state governments have the ability to directly impact upon our lives positively or negatively.

I think during the next elections (if we have one) we should focus on local elections, those we elect to our senate, house of rep, local government chairman etc. Hopefully if we have honest people in these positions, things might begin to change from the bottom to the top.
Re: Change = Bottom Up. by vigasimple(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2008
I bump into this by accident and I definitely concur.

We should begin at local level to examine who we elect to offices so that we will have a better country.

So, electing a councillor, local govt chairman, Assembly member, senatos etc

if we elect crooks at local levels we should have ourselves to blame when we end up with a crooked President.

It is time we should try bottom up.
Re: Change = Bottom Up. by hellypelly(f): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2008
yup, start from d grassroot
Re: Change = Bottom Up. by naijaking1: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2008
I once said that a triangle is more stable when the bases are down and the apex is up. 99% of our problems in naija is because everything flows from top down, instead of of from bottom up: power, government, taxation, education, security, finances. Just name it!
Re: Change = Bottom Up. by ayomifull(f): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2008
The problem is that there are lots of hungry people out there who are ready to vote for anyone who is able to give them 500 naira to buy a plate of rice on the election date irrespective of the credibility of such person, and these people has no access to the internet to read all these stuffs to make them have a better perspective. All those mamas and babas and them jobless people believe they collect money o they dont collect money o they will get there and forget them so why not kuku collect money and vote for whoever. I just hope information will be more readily available for people on these thing and once hungry is out of the problem people will be able to reason with their correct sense.

Yorubas will say 'ti ebi ba ti kuro ninu ise ise buse' once you remove hunger from poverty no poverty, unknown to them the hunger will return as soon as they have finished spending the miserable 500 naira bribe offered the hunger returns. God help us

(1) (Reply)

President Obasanjo Should Continue In 2007 / Chronicle Of An Unfolding Anarchy / Will Yar'adua Make A Great President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.