Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting (849 Views)

Old Naira Notes Deadline: President Buhari Calls For Council Of State Meeting / Atiku Abubakar & Jonathan Attend Yusuf Buhari's Wedding (Photos) / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by sammyj: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
IBB, Gowon, absent

Former Head of Interim National Government, Ernest Shonekan, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Goodluck Jonathan are attending are currently attending the National Council of State meeting at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari

Shonekan arrived 10.36am, Obasanjo 10.51am, Abubakar 10.56 am and Jonathan 11.08am

The meeting started after 11am shortly after President stepped into the council chambers.

The council comprises of past presidents and heads of state, Chief Justices of Nigeria, leadership of the National Assembly, state governors among others.

Obasanjo offered the opening Christian prayer while Mohammed Uwais said the Muslim prayer. This was followed by a one minute silence in honour of late former President Shehu Shagari, late Aloysius Katsina Alu, Idris Kutigi

Also at the meeting are the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

State governors at the meeting include those from Osun, Kebbi, Zamfara, Plateau, Ebonyi, Adamawa, Edo, Lagos, Niger, Borno, Ogun, Ekiti, Kogi as well as Deputy State governors of Bauchi, Kaduna, and Rivers.

Others present are the National security Adviser (NSA) Gen Babagana Monguno(rtd), Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, Head of Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Mohammed Bello and Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige,

In a brief remark during the opening session, the Secretary to the Government of the Federations, Boss Mustapha said that the meeting will discuss five point agenda without providing details.

However, it was learnt that other issues likely to form the crux of discussions at the meeting include the National minimum wage, and confirmation of the appointment of the acting Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu.

The forthcoming general elections and security of the nation are also expected to engage the attention of the Council of State.

The last time the council of state held was 11 months ago, on February 22, 2018 to deliberate on Nigeria’s economy, security and 2019 elections.

The council advises the President in the exercise of his powers with respect to the: National population census and compilation, publication and keeping of records and other information concerning the same; Prerogative of mercy; Award of National honours; The Independent National Electoral Commission (including the appointment of members of that Commission); The National Judicial Council (including the appointment of the members, other than ex-officio members of that Council); and The National Population Commission (including the appointment of members of that Commission).

The counsel also advises the President whenever requested to do so on the maintenance of public order within the Federation or any part thereof and on such other matters as the President may direct.

The meeting is still in progress.

Source : https://persecondnews.com/2019/01/22/obasanjo-shonekan-abdulsalami-jonathan-attend-council-of-state-meeting/
Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by Abfinest007(m): 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2019
GOD created man and he rested while GOD was resting devil hurry and created buhari
Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by Corrinthians(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2019
This is how I'd excel so much so my enemies will have no choice but to respect me. cheesy
Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by Racoon(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
These were the relatively democratic leaders Nigeria have ever got unlike the tyrannt on seat today.
Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by Racoon(m): 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2019
[s]
Corrinthians:
This is how I'd excel so much so my enemies will have no choice but to respect me.cheesy
[/s]Council of State meeting is an obligation by past leaders of Nigeria to attend or otherwise.What was done now by these leaders was same thing Buhari did in the build up to the 2015 as he refused to attend until the day crucial decisions as regards the 2015 election were to be taken.

Perhaps you think this is the self ego trip Buhari took to ICC in 2017 which he foolishly ascribed to his sanctimonious "integrity" which was quickly debunked by same ICC as a busy body act as Buhari was never invited in official capacity.

It is impossible to deploy the resources of logic to argue that Buhari has integrity. He doesn’t. Well, unless integrity means something to Buhari supporters other than what it actually means in the English language
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/adeosun-s-nysc-certificate-is-as-fake-as-buhari-s-integrity-260912.html

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by IamJames: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
Corrinthians:
This is how I'd excel so much so my enemies will have no choice but to respect me. cheesy

What is this one saying? Making a big deal out of nothing. Is this meeting not always held in previous administrations?
Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by PythonAmaka: 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
Racoon:

Jonathan was late as usual. He arrived at 11:08am.
He is truly a buffoon.

python amaka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by Corrinthians(m): 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
IamJames:

What is this one saying? Making a big deal out of nothing. Is this meeting not always held in previous administrations?
cheesy

Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by PythonAmaka: 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2019
Corrinthians:

A resounding Amen. So much so when we write history, our enemies will only write meaningless letters.

python amaka

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by Corrinthians(m): 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]Council of State meeting is an obligation by past leaders of Nigeria to attend or otherwise.What was done now by these leaders was same thing Buhari did in the build up to the 2015 as he refused to attend until the day crucial decisions as regards the 2015 election were to be taken.

Perhaps you think this is the self ego trip Buhari took to ICC in 2017 which he foolishly ascribed to his sanctimonious "integrity" which was quickly debunked by same ICC as a busy body act as Buhari was never invited in official capacity.

I don't listen to IPodic athiefkwulators who will abandon their current monikers they use to lick Atiku's scrotum only to create new ones and pollute the atmosphere with their usual "biafla or death" rants after Atiku loses.

Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by Racoon(m): 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
[s]
Corrinthians:
I don't listen to IPodic athiefkwulators who will abandon their current monikers they use to lick Atiku's scrotum only to create new ones and pollute the atmosphere with their usual "biafla or death" rants after Atiku loses.
[/s]
Thou shall surely hear it because you don't want to contribute to knowledge.As all you know is what you have been programmed to believe.

Re: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan Attend Council Of State Meeting by Mynd44: 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2019

(1)

Osun 2018: APC Witnesses Confirm Error On Records / Dino Melaye Reacts To Postponement Of 2019 Elections / Another Rigging Method Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.