Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,606 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Picture: Grapes Grown And Harvested In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Picture: Grapes Grown And Harvested In Nigeria (2518 Views)

Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) / 179KG Yam Harvested In Akokwa, Imo State (Photos) / Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture: Grapes Grown And Harvested In Nigeria by peteonline: 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2019
Grapes Can be cultivated in Nigeria! This is an amazing feat which by implication means that Nigeria can grow a wine industry locally too!

1 Like

Re: Picture: Grapes Grown And Harvested In Nigeria by Osasnidas(m): 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
This is very Good, lots of good stuffs can come out of this.. with more of these a good wine industry can be set up.
Re: Picture: Grapes Grown And Harvested In Nigeria by anienge001: 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
Osasnidas:
This is very Good, lots of good stuffs can come out of this.. with more of these a good wine industry can be set up.

Gone are the days when grapes were only major ingredient in wine making. Now wine can be made from any fruit with good sugar and acid balance.
It is good that grapes can be grown in Nigeria, but we shouldn't wait for it to reach commercial quantity before making our own wine.
Re: Picture: Grapes Grown And Harvested In Nigeria by Childofaking: 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
Where in Nigeria did you grow this op ?
Re: Picture: Grapes Grown And Harvested In Nigeria by okoroemeka(m): 10:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
Childofaking:
Where in Nigeria did you grow this op ?
I bet it will not be far from plateau state or mambilla
Re: Picture: Grapes Grown And Harvested In Nigeria by lorhema(f): 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2019
I'm trying to grow grapes here in Jos. Yet to get fruits. It's almost three years since the vines were planted.

A visitor told me about a lady who grows grapes in her Kaduna yard. So I guess they can be grown in many parts of Nigeria.
Re: Picture: Grapes Grown And Harvested In Nigeria by rabzy: 11:08am On Jan 24, 2020
That is the major issue, I got flame seedless plants, they grew and never budded. Because there are no chilling hours here. Normally in cold climates, after the winter, fruit growing is triggered by the warmt that comes in the spring, so the vine will bud, we don't have that here. So the grapes have to be artificially triggered to bud using chemicals

(1) (Reply)

Success Tips In Fish Farming, Step By Step Aproach / Melange Catfish For Sale!!! / Think About Agro Partnership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.