Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,902 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall (1872 Views)

Pictures From TECNO CAMON 30 Series Launch In Lagos / Why Xiaomi Can Never Do As Well As Transsion In Nigeria Phone Market / Xiaomi Redmi 9 Teardown: Inside Review Shows Why Xiaomi Needs To Work Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by mikeycharles(m): 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
Xiaomi is hoping to take things a notch higher after the recent announcement concerning the establishment of their African Regional Department and Wang Lingming (Xiaomi’s VP) was appointed as the manager of the department.
Presently in Africa, Transsion holds a large market share in the mobile phone market especially in Nigeria since they focus on providing budget and pocket friendly devices to their customers, it is expected that Xiaomi will have to compete with in crowd such as Tecno, Samsung and Nokia but more specifically Tecno, Infinix and Itel devices since most Nigerians utilize these phones.
What do I think about Xiaomi coming to Nigeria (Africa)
A very good one since they produce "quality" devices at affordable prices to customers but the issue here is Nigeria is not a bed of roses for business especially foreign ones who are about to just launch. The economy has never been worse and not to mention the issue of corruption that abides within the country, another is custom duties and taxation.
My question here is, will Xiaomi still sell their "budget" devices at the same rate they do in China after been confronted with all these issues cause I'm pretty sure Transsion didn't get a foothold in Nigeria by playing fair and nice. Many have speculated about Transsion paying huge amounts of money to "kick" the balls in their favor.
Am I happy about the news?
Hell Yes! but I'm deeply conflicted about the whole thing. I think the competition will be good since their other competitor went to play checkers instead of chess.

1 Like

Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by Sonoyom(m): 6:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
smiley
Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by dryakson(m): 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2019
I wish Umidigi will come too
Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by mikeycharles(m): 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
dryakson:
I wish Umidigi will come too
But Umidigi is tra- nvm
Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by skywalker240(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
It wont, but am not impressed with the redmi 6a
Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by TheTourist: 9:44am On Jan 23, 2019
Xiaomi mi 8 has to be the best smartphone I've ever used n trust me I've used my fair share of the "top 3" none of them compares in quality per price ratio index. I've ended up purchasing my second Xiaomi mi 8 (gold)
Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by donbenie(m): 9:55am On Jan 23, 2019
skywalker240:
It wont, but am not impressed with the redmi 6a
When you buy a Corolla and expect a Rolls Royce.. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by skywalker240(m): 10:23am On Jan 23, 2019
donbenie:
When you buy a Corolla and expect a Rolls Royce.. grin
truth be told, the redmi 6a was dope, the A22 Is a slight better processor compared to all those whacky mt685...chit Tecno and Infinix keep recycling. Imagine a 33k device having same processor as a 55k-77k Tecno camon 11. Wow.

The problem i have with them, is why will such a phone lack a fingerprint sensor?

thats a spirit killer, honestly it shattered the momentum.
@ least even the Corolla also comes in a Sport version (Corolla S) with a worthy feel too.

1 Like

Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by sureteeboy(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2019
skywalker240:

truth be told, the redmi 6a was dope, the A22 Is a slight better processor compared to all those whacky mt685...chit Tecno and Infinix keep recycling. Imagine a 33k device having same processor as a 55k-77k Tecno camon 11. Wow.

The problem i have with them, is why will such a phone lack a fingerprint sensor?

thats a spirit killer, honestly it shattered the momentum.
@ least even the Corolla also comes in a Sport version (Corolla S) with a worthy feel too.
Different Processor, Same GPU. Camon 11 is Helio P22. I doubt if the phone can play PES 2019 without hassles

1 Like

Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by skywalker240(m): 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2019
sureteeboy:

Different Processor, Same GPU. Camon 11 is Helio P22. I doubt if the phone can play PES 2019 without hassles
The both wont handle PES 2019 then. Well, am not much into mobile gaming Again @least not all the time, got the console 4 dat, hoping to upgrade into PC.
Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:31am On Jan 26, 2019
sureteeboy:

canon 11 pro = helio p22
Camon 11= helio a22
Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by sureteeboy(m): 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
canon 11 pro = helio p22 Camon 11= helio a22
Yea Bro. We're still on the same page.

1 Like

Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by Clean2016: 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
The same environment and condition you mentioned above is the same Techno and Infinix operates and operated by same China....Xiaoni is the from the same China and coming to the same Nigeria
Re: Why Xiaomi Launch In Africa Will Hit A Brick Wall by mikeycharles(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Data Sucking Android Costly Data Plans In Nigeria, Where Do We Go From Here?? / Fast Phones Thread (flagship Devices) / Fake Rams On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.