Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest (29392 Views)

5 Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos Governorship Election / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
Since the commencement of the 2019 electioneering season, I have deliberately refrained myself from making any political prophecy or projections even when I am clearly aligned with a political party, the Peoples Democratic Party and in full support of all her candidates at all levels across the 36 states of the federation and FCT.

However, I can't refrain myself from addressing a biased and misguided piece from a certain self acclaimed political scientist and public commentator, which he titled "Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again".

One fact about Lagos 2019 is that unlike the previous elections since 2011, the incumbent ruling party in the state and their supporters have been in serious fear mode; fear of losing their acclaimed empire, fear of losing the priced Gubernatorial contest to no other than Mr. Jimi Agbaje, the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party. Why? See the reasons;

1. Lagosians Are Fed Up With Tinubu Political Empire:
Being a longtime admirer of Asiwaju Tinubu, I can sense from distance the fear of his footsoldiers ahead of 2019 poll. This is the main reason their Governorship candidate Jide Sanwoolu has been bugging every nook and crannies of the state with his posters and billboards. In all their campaign billboard and posters, NOT one of them talk about their achievement in the last 20 years. Sanwoolu is even ashamed to campaign with the stewardship of incumbent Akinwunmi Ambode, simply because if he says Ambo performed, then the question will be why was he rejected? The question will be if Ambode had performed, why was he not considered worthy enough for a second term reelection ticket? Also, Sanwoolu cannot openly say Ambode underperformed because that in itself is an indictment on their party and vindication of the position of Mr Agbaje. However, Lagosians are quite informed that Sanwoolu is the furtherance of Bola's empire and are ready to put a stop come 2019.

2. Failure of President Muhammadu Buhari

In Nigeria's political environment the failure of the party at the centre is usually rubbed on her candidates at lower level. That Buhari administration is a failed one is no longer news, it is also an open secret that the failure of Buhari will affect his party's candidates especially in the southern part of Nigeria, where Lagos is a unit.

3. The Consistency Of Agbaje's Message:

Take it or leave it, the message of freedom as preached by Agbaje has sank deep into the nooks and crannies of Lagos state. In 2015, Agbaje's message became so loud that he narrowly lost to Ambo by small margin in 2015 despite the supposed sterling performance of then Governor Raji Fashola and the anti-PDP propaganda that swept Lagos. In fact, Jimi polled the highest vote garnered by any opposition party since 1999 and the PDP broke several jinx by winning seats in both the federal house of representative and Lagos state house of Assembly. I'm not trying to prophesy but a landslide victory in for Jimi Agbaje should not surprised anyone.

4. Involvement of "Non-Indigenes":

One advantage Jimi enjoy over his loquacious opponent is that he enjoys additional support of PVC carrying non indigenes of Lagos state due to his nationalist approach and programs unlike the ethnic-based political message of the other man. Only a political neophyte will playdown the influence of this segment in the politics of Lagos.

5. Jimi Is Busiest Of All Candidates:
May I educate the so-called political scientist that Mr Jimi Agbaje has been the busiest of all candidates running for the office. He has been engaged with marathon town hall events, grassroots outreach and has been very visible at conventions and other events. I think the writer of that piece is out if touch with present realities and happenings in Lagos.

6. Jimi Has Clear Policies:
Aside bullying Lagosians with posters and billboards, Sanwoolu has been the most quiet of all candidates. His policies are neither here nor there that they can't be critiqued because they lack substance. This cannot be said of Mr Jimi Agbaje. Lagosians know what he stands for. His posters and billboards convey message to the average Lagosian, a message that majority have already signed up for.

Those who are on ground in Lagos will tell you that the most uncomfortable candidate at the moment is Mr Sanwoolu. However, I will not make any political prophecy but having considered these facts and indices on ground, I will not be surprised when Jimi Agbaje of PDP is declared winner of Lagos state gubernatorial contest in March.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Written by TonyeBarcanista from Lagos.

161 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
#FreeLagosMovement

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by modath(f): 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2019

However, I will not make any political prophecy

Prophesy nah, since 2015 taught you nothing...

You have started again abi ? Thought Akwa Ibom was your beat? You've started wirh your half assed ignorant political ramblings...

Just stay in SS zone and postulate, you know ZILCH about SW, never did & never WILL. cool

MODIFIED..
Onku Jimi; KOSTOMA DAADA NI...

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by modath(f): 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
To be candid, you only made this post for attention seeking sake , probably to show your paymasters you can make FP & not cos of any strong conviction...

Onku Jimi is Just kidding, he knows it, thats why he won't put up his Kobo and has resorted to launching appeal fund since Atiku dollars aren't coming.

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

Since the commencement of the 2019 electioneering season, I have deliberately refrained myself from making any political prophecy or projections even when I am clearly aligned with a political party, the Peoples Democratic Party and in full support of all her candidates at all levels across the 36 states of the federation and FCT.

However, I can't refrain myself from addressing a biased and misguided piece from a certain self acclaimed political scientist and public commentator, which he titled "Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again".

One fact about Lagos 2019 is that unlike the previous elections since 2011, the incumbent ruling party in the state and their supporters have been in serious fear mode; fear of losing their acclaimed empire, fear of losing the priced Gubernatorial contest to no other than Mr. Jimi Agbaje, the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party. Why? See the reasons;

Being a longtime admirer of Asiwaju Tinubu, I can sense from distance the fear of his footsoldiers ahead of 2019 poll. This is the main reason their Governorship candidate Jide Sanwoolu has been bugging every nook and crannies of the state with his posters and billboards. In all their campaign billboard and posters, NOT one of them talk about their achievement in the last 20 years. Sanwoolu is even ashamed to campaign with the stewardship of incumbent Akinwunmi Ambode, simply because if he says Ambo performed, then the question will be why was he rejected? The question will be if Ambode had performed, why was he not considered worthy enough for a second term reelection ticket? Also, Sanwoolu cannot openly say Ambode underperformed because that in itself is an indictment on their party and vindication of the position of Mr Agbaje. However, Lagosians are quite informed that Sanwoolu is the furtherance of Bola's empire and are ready to put a stop come 2019.

In Nigeria's political environment the failure of the party at the centre is usually rubbed on her candidates at lower level. That Buhari administration is a failed one is no longer news, it is also an open secret that the failure of Buhari will affect his party's candidates especially in the southern part of Nigeria, where Lagos is a unit.

Take it or leave it, the message of freedom as preached by Agbaje has sank deep into the nooks and crannies of Lagos state. In 2015, Agbaje's message became so loud that he narrowly lost to Ambo by small margin in 2015 despite the supposed sterling performance of then Governor Raji Fashola and the anti-PDP propaganda that swept Lagos. In fact, Jimi polled the highest vote garnered by any opposition party since 1999 and the PDP broke several jinx by winning seats in both the federal house of representative and Lagos state house of Assembly. I'm not trying to prophesy but a landslide victory in for Jimi Agbaje should not surprised anyone.

One advantage Jimi enjoy over his loquacious opponent is that he enjoys additional support of PVC carrying non indigenes of Lagos state due to his nationalist approach and programs unlike the ethnic-based political message of the other man. Only a political neophyte will playdown the influence of this segment in the politics of Lagos.

May I educate the so-called political scientist that Mr Jimi Agbaje has been the busiest of all candidates running for the office. He has been engaged with marathon town hall events, grassroots outreach and has been very visible at conventions and other events. I think the writer of that piece is out if touch with present realities and happenings in Lagos.

Aside bullying Lagosians with posters and billboards, Sanwoolu has been the most quiet of all candidates. His policies are neither here nor there that they can't be critiqued because they lack substance. This cannot be said of Mr Jimi Agbaje. Lagosians know what he stands for. His posters and billboards convey message to the average Lagosian, a message that majority have already signed up for.

Those who are on ground in Lagos will tell you that the most uncomfortable candidate at the moment is Mr Sanwoolu. However, I will not make any political prophecy but having considered these facts and indices on ground, I will not be surprised when Jimi Agbaje of PDP is declared winner of Lagos state gubernatorial contest in March.

O[/s]

Crap

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by SaiAtikuTill203: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2019
ZOMBIES will die of heart attack on February 19 when pdp must have recorded resounding victory in KATSINA state and all through Nigeria.we are supporting Atiku due to the following reasons; because he's better than Buhari in terms of academic qualifications, he's not tribalistic, he's not as heartless as Buhari, Atiku is more educated, handsome, and vibrant. Iam just ashamed of Buhari as a president, Buhari possesses zero quality of being a president. Buhari has no sympathy in him, he has no conscience as a human. If only my choice of candidate could win the election then I would've voted for my choice of candidate in Donald Duke, but for my vote not to split and favour that mistake could Buhari, I will rather give my mandate to Atiku, so that lifeless illiterate can be ejected out of office. How can an illiterate be a president? That's very strange and irritating. Like for example, in a university, before you become a vice-chancellor, you must have attained the height of professorship. So tell me, why will an uneducated man be a president of a country? who and what is he leading? because, as for me, Atiku is much more better than Buhari in every aspect. As for the corruption allegation, we all know that all Nigerian politicians are corrupt, just that some are more corrupt than the others. I hate tribalism and wickedness, which is what Buhari fully possess! To be sincere, Buhari is just a total disgrace, let's tell ourselves the truth. A president whose vice is 100% better than him. Mind you, Iam not playing politics, Iam just preaching the truth. Believe it or not, people pretending to like Buhari knows thatPoverty means integrity to Buhari , meanwhile he is deceiving people with false integrity, while embezzlling moneywe must remove the clamity called Buhari and replace him with the Atiku the person wey go unite us and make our country start to work again

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by netpro(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2019

This is the worse political prediction ever posted on Nairaland.

I still don't know why PDP is hoping to return to power with angry votes.

Agbaje is a comedian.

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by omonaijiria: 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
O

Crap

Can't you for once think with your brain ni

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by omonaijiria: 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
O

Crap

Counter the OP points and stop been a robotic zombie

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2019
My fellow lagosians, If you like, allow the party of thuggery to win Lagos again this time. Shun their money this time cos if you don't, you have no right to come here after election and complain ... that the road that leads to your area is bad or agbero slapped your wife on her face. Such stories won't be entertained here on NL anymore
..All NL mods, pls note . na jump am pass e go be. For me, it's agbaje I'm voting cos he's not a corrupt man and I see him as somebody who has true love of the Lagosians at heart. Anyone who has anything unbecoming about this man should come out and say it. But i understand, our people love darkness more than they do, light

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by omonaijiria: 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
O

Crap

See how your fellow zombie is laughing at You

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Sakamaje: 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
Wishful thinking. Agbaje's best chance was in 2015 with the help of GEJ's federal might. As it stands, ADP's Babatunde Gbadamosi (BOG) will give him a run for his money while the APC retains the state. BOS is getting more accepted by the day. He dusted Agbaje in the last debate making Agbaje look clueless. That's the true situation on the ground.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Okoroawusa: 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2019
Tonyebarcanista,please don't make me laugh...

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by richidinho(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
The Epe factor

1 Like

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
modath:

Prophesy nah, since 2015 taught you nothing...

You have started again abi ? Thought Akwa Ibom was your beat? You've started wirh your half assed ignorant political ramblings...

Just stay in SS zone and postulate, you know ZILCH about SW, never did & never WILL. cool
Ma, I live in Lagos too. I was born here and I TYPE here at present! I've been in Lagos since early December.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
O
Crap
Yimu

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by livelymatilda22: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
[s]

Written by TonyeBarcanista from Lagos. [/s]

Clown.... You should be telling us why the Governor of Akwa Ibom told NYSC members to rig elections for him and Pdp

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by AlphawomanT: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2019
Lagos needs to be free from godfatherism shackles and Jimi Agbaje is the one to make that happen.

TonyeBarcanista:

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Tonyebarcanista,please don't make me laugh...
How
Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Okoroawusa: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Ma, I live in Lagos too. I was born here and I TYPE here at present! I've been in Lagos since early December.
You live in Lagos n u typed this?

Oh! Tonye,if u were not my friend...

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Clown.... You should be telling us why the Governor of Akwa Ibom as NYSC members to right elections for him and Pdp
Udom don win already

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by ikaboy: 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
Tonye i will advise you withdraw this post as it will dent your dwindling profile as a political analyst.

Perhaps u want to trend a little
Waaatttttt!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
Okoroawusa:
You live in Lagos n u typed this?

Oh! Tonye,if u were not my friend...
But I de lag na. You de Lag?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by afroniger: 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
Guys, easy on Tonye abeg. Man must wack. He's only doing what he's paid to do. He's already made a killing hyping/singing Udom's praises and now he has stepped up to Jimi. Can't fault the brother for trying to earn his pay.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Racoon(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
Being a longtime admirer of Asiwaju Tinubu, I can sense from distance the fear of his footsoldiers ahead of 2019 poll.

This is the main reason their Governorship candidate Jide Sanwoolu has been bugging every nook and crannies of the state with his posters and billboards. In all their campaign billboard and posters, NOT one of them talk about their achievement in the last 20 years

Sanwoolu is even ashamed to campaign with the stewardship of incumbent Akinwunmi Ambode, simply because if he says Ambo performed, then the question will be why was he rejected?

The question will be if Ambode had performed, why was he not considered worthy enough for a second term reelection ticket? Also, Sanwoolu cannot openly say Ambode underperformed because that in itself is an indictment on their party and vindication of the position of Mr Agbaje.

However, Lagosians are quite informed that Sanwoolu is the furtherance of Bola's empire and are ready to put a stop come 2019.
This is the only reason I agree with you Tonye.Others are just relative though also on point.Why is the APC Lagos bent on destroying the campaign posters of the PDP?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Okoroawusa: 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
But I de lag na. You de Lag?
Born n bred in Lagos.

My family is in its 4th generation in Lagos.100% Igbo.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by OlisaOsega87: 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2019
Arrant nonsense.
TonyeBarcanista:

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Born n bred in Lagos.

My family is in its 4th generation in Lagos.100% Igbo.
Born and bred here in Lag too. 100% Ijaw

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
afroniger:
Guys, easy on Tonye abeg. Man must wack. He's only doing what he's paid to do. He's already made a killing hyping/singing Udom's praises and now he has stepped up to Jimi. Can't fault the brother for trying to earn his pay.
Nigeria shall be Great Again

Free Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by easrael(f): 6:58pm On Jan 22, 2019
Jimi Agbaje will win this election, it's already looking like it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by olaolulazio(m): 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2019
He's gonna win in your dreams....

32 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha Sacks Nkiru Sylvanus (Finally?) / Bauchi Residents Ask Governor Abubakar To Concede Defeat To PDP / FAAN Condemns Abdulaziz Yari For Violating COVID19 Rules At Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.