Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest (29396 Views)

5 Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos Governorship Election / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by aliscomonaj: 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
Pick a pen and write this down . PMB TILL 2023.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by calmbabadee(m): 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
Even a fool, when he keeps his mouth shut is tought to be wise!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
truecommerce358:
With the amount of APC poster in Lagos, I say they have won already

Yet they still go about tearing down Jimi Agbaje's campaign banners and posters even though they have more than enough financial muscle.

Get free from the demonic leadership holding Lagos ransom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Mac2016(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
This is the dumbest article have seen in years

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Leonardoreel(m): 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Born n bred in Lagos.

My family is in its 4th generation in Lagos.100% Igbo.

You are not 100% igbo
You are a cross breed with Yoruba..

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Lexxyla: 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2019
Compilled by Tonye Barcanista

Let's laugh a bit mbok.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by akinselurea: 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Since the commencement of the 2019 electioneering season, I have deliberately refrained myself from making any political prophecy or projections even when I am clearly aligned with a political party, the Peoples Democratic Party and in full support of all her candidates at all levels across the 36 states of the federation and FCT.

However, I can't refrain myself from addressing a biased and misguided piece from a certain self acclaimed political scientist and public commentator, which he titled "Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again".

One fact about Lagos 2019 is that unlike the previous elections since 2011, the incumbent ruling party in the state and their supporters have been in serious fear mode; fear of losing their acclaimed empire, fear of losing the priced Gubernatorial contest to no other than Mr. Jimi Agbaje, the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party. Why? See the reasons;

1. Lagosians Are Fed Up With Tinubu Political Empire:
Being a longtime admirer of Asiwaju Tinubu, I can sense from distance the fear of his footsoldiers ahead of 2019 poll. This is the main reason their Governorship candidate Jide Sanwoolu has been bugging every nook and crannies of the state with his posters and billboards. In all their campaign billboard and posters, NOT one of them talk about their achievement in the last 20 years. Sanwoolu is even ashamed to campaign with the stewardship of incumbent Akinwunmi Ambode, simply because if he says Ambo performed, then the question will be why was he rejected? The question will be if Ambode had performed, why was he not considered worthy enough for a second term reelection ticket? Also, Sanwoolu cannot openly say Ambode underperformed because that in itself is an indictment on their party and vindication of the position of Mr Agbaje. However, Lagosians are quite informed that Sanwoolu is the furtherance of Bola's empire and are ready to put a stop come 2019.

2. Failure of President Muhammadu Buhari

In Nigeria's political environment the failure of the party at the centre is usually rubbed on her candidates at lower level. That Buhari administration is a failed one is no longer news, it is also an open secret that the failure of Buhari will affect his party's candidates especially in the southern part of Nigeria, where Lagos is a unit.

3. The Consistency Of Agbaje's Message:

Take it or leave it, the message of freedom as preached by Agbaje has sank deep into the nooks and crannies of Lagos state. In 2015, Agbaje's message became so loud that he narrowly lost to Ambo by small margin in 2015 despite the supposed sterling performance of then Governor Raji Fashola and the anti-PDP propaganda that swept Lagos. In fact, Jimi polled the highest vote garnered by any opposition party since 1999 and the PDP broke several jinx by winning seats in both the federal house of representative and Lagos state house of Assembly. I'm not trying to prophesy but a landslide victory in for Jimi Agbaje should not surprised anyone.

4. Involvement of "Non-Indigenes":

One advantage Jimi enjoy over his loquacious opponent is that he enjoys additional support of PVC carrying non indigenes of Lagos state due to his nationalist approach and programs unlike the ethnic-based political message of the other man. Only a political neophyte will playdown the influence of this segment in the politics of Lagos.

5. Jimi Is Busiest Of All Candidates:
May I educate the so-called political scientist that Mr Jimi Agbaje has been the busiest of all candidates running for the office. He has been engaged with marathon town hall events, grassroots outreach and has been very visible at conventions and other events. I think the writer of that piece is out if touch with present realities and happenings in Lagos.

6. Jimi Has Clear Policies:
Aside bullying Lagosians with posters and billboards, Sanwoolu has been the most quiet of all candidates. His policies are neither here nor there that they can't be critiqued because they lack substance. This cannot be said of Mr Jimi Agbaje. Lagosians know what he stands for. His posters and billboards convey message to the average Lagosian, a message that majority have already signed up for.

Those who are on ground in Lagos will tell you that the most uncomfortable candidate at the moment is Mr Sanwoolu. However, I will not make any political prophecy but having considered these facts and indices on ground, I will not be surprised when Jimi Agbaje of PDP is declared winner of Lagos state gubernatorial contest in March.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Written by TonyeBarcanista from Lagos.

Customer
Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by laycon77: 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
This is surely Jimi's best chance, if he can merge with babatunde gbadamosi, he will get it...

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2019
Honestly, I thought you will make some convinceable reasons. Even if you're a Yoruba, what gives you impression that your unsellable candidate who do jump from one party to another will win his local government tackles of ipinle Eko.
TonyeBarcanista:

Since the commencement of the 2019 electioneering season, I have deliberately refrained myself from making any political prophecy or projections even when I am clearly aligned with a political party, the Peoples Democratic Party and in full support of all her candidates at all levels across the 36 states of the federation and FCT.

However, I can't refrain myself from addressing a biased and misguided piece from a certain self acclaimed political scientist and public commentator, which he titled "Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again".

One fact about Lagos 2019 is that unlike the previous elections since 2011, the incumbent ruling party in the state and their supporters have been in serious fear mode; fear of losing their acclaimed empire, fear of losing the priced Gubernatorial contest to no other than Mr. Jimi Agbaje, the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party. Why? See the reasons;

Being a longtime admirer of Asiwaju Tinubu, I can sense from distance the fear of his footsoldiers ahead of 2019 poll. This is the main reason their Governorship candidate Jide Sanwoolu has been bugging every nook and crannies of the state with his posters and billboards. In all their campaign billboard and posters, NOT one of them talk about their achievement in the last 20 years. Sanwoolu is even ashamed to campaign with the stewardship of incumbent Akinwunmi Ambode, simply because if he says Ambo performed, then the question will be why was he rejected? The question will be if Ambode had performed, why was he not considered worthy enough for a second term reelection ticket? Also, Sanwoolu cannot openly say Ambode underperformed because that in itself is an indictment on their party and vindication of the position of Mr Agbaje. However, Lagosians are quite informed that Sanwoolu is the furtherance of Bola's empire and are ready to put a stop come 2019.

In Nigeria's political environment the failure of the party at the centre is usually rubbed on her candidates at lower level. That Buhari administration is a failed one is no longer news, it is also an open secret that the failure of Buhari will affect his party's candidates especially in the southern part of Nigeria, where Lagos is a unit.

Take it or leave it, the message of freedom as preached by Agbaje has sank deep into the nooks and crannies of Lagos state. In 2015, Agbaje's message became so loud that he narrowly lost to Ambo by small margin in 2015 despite the supposed sterling performance of then Governor Raji Fashola and the anti-PDP propaganda that swept Lagos. In fact, Jimi polled the highest vote garnered by any opposition party since 1999 and the PDP broke several jinx by winning seats in both the federal house of representative and Lagos state house of Assembly. I'm not trying to prophesy but a landslide victory in for Jimi Agbaje should not surprised anyone.

One advantage Jimi enjoy over his loquacious opponent is that he enjoys additional support of PVC carrying non indigenes of Lagos state due to his nationalist approach and programs unlike the ethnic-based political message of the other man. Only a political neophyte will playdown the influence of this segment in the politics of Lagos.

May I educate the so-called political scientist that Mr Jimi Agbaje has been the busiest of all candidates running for the office. He has been engaged with marathon town hall events, grassroots outreach and has been very visible at conventions and other events. I think the writer of that piece is out if touch with present realities and happenings in Lagos.

Aside bullying Lagosians with posters and billboards, Sanwoolu has been the most quiet of all candidates. His policies are neither here nor there that they can't be critiqued because they lack substance. This cannot be said of Mr Jimi Agbaje. Lagosians know what he stands for. His posters and billboards convey message to the average Lagosian, a message that majority have already signed up for.

Those who are on ground in Lagos will tell you that the most uncomfortable candidate at the moment is Mr Sanwoolu. However, I will not make any political prophecy but having considered these facts and indices on ground, I will not be surprised when Jimi Agbaje of PDP is declared winner of Lagos state gubernatorial contest in March.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Blastedholligan: 7:29pm On Jan 22, 2019
Sakamaje:
Wishful thinking. Agbaje's best chance was in 2015 with the help of GEJ's federal might. As it stands, ADP's Babatunde Gbadamosi (BOS) will give him a run for his money while the APC retains the state. BOS is getting more accepted by the day. He dusted Agbaje in the last debate making Agbaje look clueless. That's the true situation on the ground.
Agbaje's best chance was in 2015 right? Which the APC rigged abi? Abi you want to say they didn't?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Humblezack: 7:29pm On Jan 22, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Humblezack: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Very funny joke

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Aliencraft(m): 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
@ OP... Wetin you dey talk for mouth

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by PythonAmaka: 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
#FreeLagosMovement
First, Go and free Bayelsa from laziness and dipsomania, incresse bayelsa's economy to one-tenth of Lagos, then come back and let's talk about freeing Lagos.

python amaka

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by netflicks(m): 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
I think they should just give him a chance..but corruption will not let him...

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Dollabiz: 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
dreams do.come tru
Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by wellmax(m): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
Agbaje won't even come second.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by slyng(m): 7:36pm On Jan 22, 2019
Nairaland has always been the opposite of the reality. GEJ knows better. I'm always happy when i see a news against my wish on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
Jimi Agbaje would win Lagos. take that word to the bsnk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Okoroawusa: 7:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
Born and bred here in Lag too. 100% Ijaw
Well,like someone told me up there...its just ur opinion.
Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by bounceback: 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2019
No one take the “protection seeker” serious. Buhahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by ProWalker: 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2019

Very dumb
So why didn’t he win in 2015 with the way Ibos carried him for head like gala?

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by Okoroawusa: 7:40pm On Jan 22, 2019
Leonardoreel:

You are not 100% igbo You are a cross breed with Yoruba..
Ikpu nne gi

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by ikorodureporta: 7:40pm On Jan 22, 2019
Jimi wld have won by a wide margin, but he messed up the opportunity, by relying on Atiku's popularity & failing to campaign around most areas. We all know that his posters have been missing,. APC even came to NL.
I'l still dash him one vote....but he's lost!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/4975133/jimi-agbaje-really-broke-see

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by akdjr(m): 7:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
Who dem dream?
Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by bendike: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
O

Crap
Shut da fuuk witch! shocked
Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by NoToPile: 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
Loool, even me that I am not that politically inclined knows its almost impossible.

Sanwo-olu is everywhere campaigning. Everywhere you look its sanwo olu, hes actually campaigning hard to win this.

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by JimD(m): 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2019
Without the rigging factor, Jimi Agbaje should win Sanwo Olu by a landslide. But... APC is the incumbent. Bola Tinubu will die before giving up Lagos to someone else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest by sogodihno: 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
Loydwilliam:
in tears i write this, how will u like to see your country in the hands of the MUSLIM that your country is been sold out to MUSLIM and been ISLAMIZE that is the aim of the government for 2019. BUHARI and co. will come back to power if we the Christian are not prayerful and d coming back of BUHARI and co. is for d Christians. ATIKU is no match for BUHARI except through prayer, the church that are supposed to pray for their country are after money, many churches in Nigeria are into 21 days fasting and prayer some more than 21 days but how many of them took out time to pray for their country everybody is praying for prosperity,favor and many others. Christian in Nigeria need to pray out that (beast) that call him self BUHARI his coming back will b more tough than his pervious tenor pass this message across to your PASTOR to as many people u can reach with this message please and please Nigeria need ur prayer let the church stand in one voice and pray for mercy for this nation

#PRAYFORNIGERIA

So Atiku is a Christian?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ralph Uwazurike Says "Unknown Gunmen" Are Nnamdi Kanu's Men / Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan / Fayose Blasts Obasanjo For Always Begging For Political Favours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.