Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

“we Will Never Harm Any Nation Or Any Individual” – Ren Zhengfei, Huawei Founder - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / “we Will Never Harm Any Nation Or Any Individual” – Ren Zhengfei, Huawei Founder (390 Views)

Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 / Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei Said He Is Busy Fixing Up Huawei To Pick Trump's Call / Instagram Vows To Remove All Graphic Self-harm Images From Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“we Will Never Harm Any Nation Or Any Individual” – Ren Zhengfei, Huawei Founder by ThePhoneGuy: 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
Huawei Founder, Ren Zhengfei, in a recent appearance at an international media roundtable held at the company’s headquarters in Shenzhen specified that Huawei has never spied for China. He said neither Huawei, nor him personally “have ever received any requests from any government to provide improper information”. Even if so, he added, as a business entity, the firm “will certainly say no to any such request”.
Based on the interview which featured globally renowned media platforms, here is what Mr. Ren Zhengfei said about the major issues:

On Security:
“First point I want to make is that over the past 30 years, our products have been used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving more than 3 billion users in total. We have maintained a solid track record in security. Huawei is an independent business organization. When it comes to cyber security and privacy protection, we are committed to siding with our customers. We will never harm any nation or any individual. Secondly, China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has officially clarified that no law in China requires any company to install backdoors. Neither Huawei, nor I personally, have ever received any requests from any government to provide improper information.”

“We are a company, and we are a business entity. The values of a business entity are such that it must be customer-centric and the customer always comes first. We are a business organization, so we must follow business rules. I think I already made myself very clear earlier. We will certainly say no to any such request. After writing this quote in your story, maybe 20 or 30 years down the road, if I am still alive, people will consider this quote and check my behavior against it, as well as the behavior of our company.”

On Arrest of Meng Wanzhou:

“The case of Meng Wanzhou right now is in legal proceedings. So, we'd rather leave it to legal proceedings. I won't provide much comment about it here.
As Meng Wanzhou's father, I miss her very much. And I'm deeply grateful to the fairness of the Honorable Justice, William Ehrcke. I'm also much grateful to Prosecutor John Gibb-Carsley and Prosecutor Kerri Swift. I also thank the Alouette Correctional Centre for Women for its humane management. Thanks to Meng Wanzhou's cellmates, for treating her kindly.
I also appreciate the consular protection that the Chinese government has provided in safeguarding the rights and interests of Meng Wanzhou as a Chinese citizen. I trust that the legal systems of Canada and the United States are open, just, and fair, and will reach a just conclusion.”

On 5G:
“In terms of 5G, we have signed 30-plus commercial contracts today, and we have already shipped 25,000 5G base stations. We have 2,570 5G patents. I believe that, as long as we develop very compelling products, there will be customers who will buy them.
If your products are not good, no matter how strong you go for publicity, nobody will buy them. So what matters to Huawei more is working to streamline our internal management, improve our products, and improve our services. I think that's what we should work on to address the challenges of this changing world.
There are only several companies in the world working on 5G infrastructure equipment, and not many companies are engaged in microwave technology. Huawei is the only company in the world that can integrate 5G base stations with the most advanced microwave technology. With that capability, our 5G base stations don't even need fiber connections. Instead, they can use superfast microwave to support ultra-wide bandwidth backhauls. This is a compelling solution that makes a lot of economic sense. It works best for sparsely populated rural areas.”

“As I mentioned, right now our R&grin investment averages 15–20 billion US dollars per year. That puts Huawei in the top 5 position across all industries in the world in terms of R&grin intensity. In total, we have been granted 87,805 patents. In the United States, we have registered 11,152 core technology patents. We are actively involved in 360+ standards bodies, where we have made more than 54,000 proposals.”

On China-US trade dispute:
“I would say Huawei is not that important. We are like a small sesame seed, stuck in the middle of conflict between two great powers. What role can we play? The trade conflict between China and the US has not had a major impact on our business. We are expected to continue our growth in 2019.”
“We are the strongest in terms of telecommunications capabilities. I believe people will make their own comparison in the end between countries that choose Huawei and countries that don't work with Huawei. Of course, there is no way we can control their choice.”
“So what matters to Huawei more is working to streamline our internal management, improve our products, and improve our services. I think that's what we should work on to address the challenges of this changing world.”
“Some countries have decided not to buy equipment from Huawei. Therefore, we can shift our focus to better serve countries that welcome Huawei. We can build high-quality networks in those countries to prove that we are trustworthy. Therefore, it's like a peaceful race from a technical point of view, and I think that's fair.”

On Business outlook for 2019
“In 2019, we might face challenges and difficulties in the international market. That's why I said earlier that our growth next year would be less than 20%.”

Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – Huawei is renowned for being committed to providing digital access and solutions to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
Re: “we Will Never Harm Any Nation Or Any Individual” – Ren Zhengfei, Huawei Founder by Ameboperoo(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hmmm
Re: “we Will Never Harm Any Nation Or Any Individual” – Ren Zhengfei, Huawei Founder by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
Waiting for the American asslickers to come and spew nonsense again sad angry

Grabs popcorn

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Us Or Uk Used Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Needed / The REAL Infinix Hot 7 Pro Model...Good News for the Infinix Fans... / London Used Iphone 5 Forsale 23500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.