Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,051 members, 7,845,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Non Collection Of Canada Visa Application From VFS (advice Needed). - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Non Collection Of Canada Visa Application From VFS (advice Needed). (687 Views)

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell / Price Of Canada Ticket From Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non Collection Of Canada Visa Application From VFS (advice Needed). by aklas87: 7:03am On Jan 23, 2019
Gud day house, pls I need ur advice on something .
in 2017 I applied for visitor visa to Canada and my application was ready in december 2017, but unfortunately I was unable to pick it up since then due to a very "pathetic" reason. On Monday I went to VFS for the collection but I was told d application is no longer with them dat I should contact d embassy, wen I contacted the embassy through mail I received a response dat my passport has been sent to Zonal immigration office in Lagos.

My questions:
1.As anyone here ever experienced such thing
2. is it possible for me to get it at immigration office?
3. Do I need to pay some amount of money at immigration office nd hw easier or tedious is it to claim it?
pls serious answer or advice is needed.

Below is d embassy response to my mail:
Good day,
You did not collect your package from the VAC within 30 days of their receipt of it. The VAC contacted you 3 times indicating that your package was ready for collection.
Your passport has been returned to the following address:
c/o Assistant Comptroller General
Nigeria Immigration Services
Zone “A” Headquarters
Ikeja, Lagos
Sincerely,
Re: Non Collection Of Canada Visa Application From VFS (advice Needed). by bigtt76(f): 7:13am On Jan 23, 2019
Sorry to hear that but ithe high commission did the correct thing by returning the passport to the Nigeria Immigration Service office. The passport belong to them and they have the right to withdraw it from you but that is not the case here. Please approach them to collect it back.

aklas87:
Gud day house, pls I need ur advice on something .
in 2017 I applied for visitor visa to Canada and my application was ready in december 2017, but unfortunately I was unable to pick it up since then due to a very "pathetic" reason. On Monday I went to VFS for the collection but I was told d application is no longer with them dat I should contact d embassy, wen I contacted the embassy through mail I received a response dat my passport has been sent to Zonal immigration office in Lagos.

My questions:
1.As anyone here ever experienced such thing
2. is it possible for me to get it at immigration office?
3. Do I need to pay some amount of money at immigration office nd hw easier or tedious is it to claim it?
pls serious answer or advice is needed.

Below is d embassy response to my mail:
Good day,
You did not collect your package from the VAC within 30 days of their receipt of it. The VAC contacted you 3 times indicating that your package was ready for collection.
Your passport has been returned to the following address:
c/o Assistant Comptroller General
Nigeria Immigration Services
Zone “A” Headquarters
Ikeja, Lagos
Sincerely,
Re: Non Collection Of Canada Visa Application From VFS (advice Needed). by aklas87: 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2019
bigtt76:
Sorry to hear that but ithe high commission did the correct thing by returning the passport to the Nigeria Immigration Service office. The passport belong to them and they have the right to withdraw it from you but that is not the case here. Please approach them to collect it back.

Thanks so much

(1) (Reply)

After My NYSC I Want To Travel To Japan �� / Would You Ride On This Bike In Lagos? (Photos) / French Crashes Into Sea During Attempt 2 Cross English Channel On ₦90m Flyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.