Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,898 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN (1646 Views)

The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion / 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2019
A statement by the Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu said that prior to being sworn in on May 29, Prof. Osinbajo’s assets are

*A bank balance of about N94 million and 900,000 United States Dollars in his bank accounts.

* Houses: 4-bedroom residence at Victoria Garden City, Lagos and a 3-bedroom flat at 2 Mosley Road, Ikoyi;

2-bedroom flat at Redemption Camp along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and a 2-bedroom mortgaged property in Bedford, England.
*Others: Apart from his law firm, known as SimmonsCooper, the Vice-President also declared shareholding in six private companies based in Lagos, including Octogenerium Ltd., Windsor Grant Ltd., Tarapolsa, Vistorion Ltd., Aviva Ltd. and MTN Nigeria

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/declared-assets-osinbajo-has-n94m-900000/

What is the hypocrisy of zombies about the CJN's account history.So you mean to tell me a little known former commissioner of Lagos is supposed to be richer than the CJN ? What poo do you zombies smoke.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by DrGoodman: 9:29am On Jan 23, 2019
Onnoghen committed only one crime, he's from the wrong region.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:30am On Jan 23, 2019
Zombies come and explain How a little unknown ordinary commissioner Osibanjo was able to acquire $900k cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 23, 2019
All their accounts should be make public like the CJN's which has become public.
Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by three: 9:35am On Jan 23, 2019
cry

1 Like

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Parada: 9:41am On Jan 23, 2019
I am yet to meet any fool as incredible senseless as this one. Over 10 years now and he continues to remain foolish sad.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:42am On Jan 23, 2019
Parada:
I am yet to meet any fool as incredible senseless as this one. Over 10 years now and he continues to remain foolish sad.

you mean your father is still foolish after over 10 years? Peleoo bro

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 23, 2019
Is it stated anywhere that CJNs are not supposed to have side businesses?

1 Like

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2019
soulpeppersoup:
All their accounts should be make public like the CJN's which has become public.

I concur.Imagine an ordinary commissioner declaring $900k and yet zombies wants to crucify the CJN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by BafanaBafana: 9:44am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

What is the hypocrisy of zombies about the CJN's account history.So you mean to tell me a little known former commissioner of Lagos is supposed to be richer than the CJN ? What poo do you zombies smoke.
kill yourself

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by SalamRushdie: 9:45am On Jan 23, 2019
True how did a commissioner with a salary of 200k a month manage to save up all this money and buy so much properties without corruption... Abi did he extort victims of the Pfizer payments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by DaV8King(m): 9:45am On Jan 23, 2019
SimonCooper is a globally known law firm, and he was a partner.

Of course they pay welll.

He was also once AG in Lagos.

Onnoghen is a career judge whom has previous history of corruption

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/20/chief-justice-has-always-lived-above-his-means-and-now-nemesis-annie-orji

So let's not defend what we don't know.

I disagree with media trial, but Onngohen is definitely not snow white clean.

5 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by sunmike065(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2019
Am glad you admit he declared it....not other way round.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by dokunbam(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2019
He ought to have declared his own too

Obj is supporting atifku because he has him by the balls and definitely control him

3 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by REDshouse(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

I concur.Imagine an ordinary commissioner declaring $900k and yet zombies wants to crucify the CJN.
no one said he shld not have side biz which is even against the service code of conduct....but he shld have declare all of them in the code of conduct form....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by obailala(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

The law says certain govt officials MUST declare their assets before stepping into office. Osinbajo declared his, Onnoghen failed to declare several of his accounts (and was caught).

Onnoghen's offence isnt about having money, Onnoghen's offence is that he failed to declare his assets, which of course is against the law. This is elementary common sense!

By the way, Osinbajo is a professor in law, a renown lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who owns a renown global law firm that has handled and won some massive verifiable cases in the recent past. His source of income is very much verifiable if that is where you want to raise a dust.

The rate at which some Nigerians defend rubbish is sickening.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

That is the way to go. If the asset declarations of our public officers can be make public a three months before elections to be scrutinized by the public. Corruption will disappear from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:07am On Jan 23, 2019
mrAMG:
Is it stated anywhere that CJNs are not supposed to have side businesses?

Capital NO

1 Like

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:09am On Jan 23, 2019
obailala:
The law says certain govt officials MUST declare their assets before stepping into office. Osinbajo declared his, Onnoghen failed to declare several of his accounts (and was caught).

Onnoghen's offence isnt about having money, Onnoghen's offence is that he failed to declare his assets, which of course is against the law. This is elementary common sense!

By the way, Osinbajo is a professor in law, a renown lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who owns a renown global law firm that has handled and won some massive verifiable cases in the recent past. His source of income is very much verifiable if that is where you want to raise a dust.

The rate at which some Nigerians defend rubbish is sickening.

So You think Onnogen never did private practice too? How myopic can you be?

Now I ask you going by section 3(d) of the CCNB act.Did Justice Onnogen break the law? Yes or No
The section says...

3 (d) receive complaints about non‐compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by section 20 of this Act in accordance with the provisions of sections 20 to 25 of this Act:

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or noncompliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.

BTW Justice Walter Onnogen declared all his assets before he became CJN in 2016.The case is saying he was supposed to declare in 2009.He also declared his assets in 2005

2 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by lewis33(m): 10:10am On Jan 23, 2019
Time of declaration is the difference! Osibanjo declared at entry but CJN forgot to do so.

3 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by OneCorner: 10:10am On Jan 23, 2019
I don’t understand... should he be left alone?
Let him be tried and jailed if he’s corrupt
If apc jail all opposition that are truly corrupt
Den pdp will jail opposition during there time too
And everything go clear.

I mean, see the poor masses trying so hard to support a corrupt person that amass their basic right to himself all because he’s from somewhere or supporting a particular party

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:13am On Jan 23, 2019
lewis33:
Time of declaration is the difference! Osibanjo declared at entry but CJN forgot to do so.

The section says...

3 (d) receive complaints about non‐compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by section 20 of this Act in accordance with the provisions of sections 20 to 25 of this Act:

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or noncompliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.

You have no case QED

2 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by VaselineCrew: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2019
See how much these politicians have, yet they will be empowering you with $1 per day trader moni (N10,000), smh!

When someone like Sowore comes and promises Nigerians N100,000 minimum wage (~$300), they will say "no I don't want", smh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2019
BafanaBafana:
kill yourself

why shoud I kill myself when Justice Onnogen is still CJN.Your advice should go to your fellow zombies cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 23, 2019
obailala:

Between Osinbajo and the CJN, who is the professional heavyweight?

Since we’re looking at achievements and the likes.

Who would you say has won more cases? Owns/works with a/more globally recognized and prestigious law firms?

3 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

So You think Onnogen never did private practice too? How myopic can you be?

Now I ask you going by section 3(d) of the CCNB act.Did Justice Onnogen break the law? Yes or No
The section says...

BTW Justice Walter Onnogen declared all his assets before he became CJN in 2016.The case is saying he was supposed to declare in 2009.He also declared his assets in 2005

So why are they crucifying the man? It’s not like he did not declare his assets o, their own problem is the “when”

And why did it have to be weeks before the election? They had about 3 years to prosecute him so why now

1 Like

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2019
mrAMG:

Who would you say has won more cases? Owns/works with a/more globally recognized and prestigious law firms?

bros I tireoo.See hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by kitone: 10:42am On Jan 23, 2019
Is it that you don't understand the issue or you just want to be mischievous. PYM declared is own your CJ N refuse to declare his own claiming he forgot.in truth he could not declare that kind of money because he can't defend how he got the money .even though I don't like buhari but if this is the kind of man in the head of our judiciary then we are finished as a country.
So anybody can hide their assets and the come to court and say oh judge I forgot.To protect the integrity of the office of CJN he needs to resign.nonsense

PaChukwudi44:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 23, 2019
kitone:
Is it that you don't understand the issue or you just want to be mischievous. PYM declared is own your CJ N refuse to declare his own claiming he forgot.in truth he could not declare that kind of money because he can't defend how he got the money .if though I don't like buhari but if this is the kind of man in the head of our judiciary then we are finished as a country.
So anybody can hide their assets and the come to court and say oh judge I forgot.nonsense

Scroll up and read bruh
Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by obailala(m): 10:46am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

[s]So You think Onnogen never did private practice too? How myopic can you be?[/s]

The section says...

The simple thing I tried to point out to you is that your analogy comparing Osinbajo's worth to Onnoghen's worth was irrelevant and pointless. Nobody said Onnoghen doesn't have or shouldn't have private practice. The issue is about declaration of assets, whether it was done right or wrong, it isn't about "who get money pass." and there's no way in this world you can claim you don't know that.

5 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2019
kitone:
Is it that you don't understand the issue or you just want to be mischievous. PYM declared is own your CJ N refuse to declare his own claiming he forgot.in truth he could not declare that kind of money because he can't defend how he got the money .even though I don't like buhari but if this is the kind of man in the head of our judiciary then we are finished as a country.
So anybody can hide their assets and the come to court and say oh judge I forgot.To protect the integrity of the office of CJN he needs to resign.nonsense

I read a lot of zombies questioning how the CJN made $800k.That is the reason for this thread.The CJN did not hide any assets bro.He only didn't declare in 2009.All his accounts were declared in 2016 before he became CJN

1 Like

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by SalamRushdie: 10:54am On Jan 23, 2019
mrAMG:

don't mind these zombies!!!! apart from that pfizer case which other notable case has he won

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Death Toll In Kajuru Attacks Has Risen To 130 —el-rufai / Army Force PDP Agents Out Of Collation Centres Army / BREAKING!!! Abia Dep. Speaker, Cosmos Ndukwe Loses Re-election Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.