Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN (1657 Views)

The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion / 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:56am On Jan 23, 2019
obailala:
The simple thing I tried to point out to you is that your analogy comparing Osinbajo's worth to Onnoghen's worth was irrelevant and pointless. Nobody said Onnoghen doesn't have or shouldn't have private practice. The issue is about declaration of assets, whether it was done right or wrong, it isn't about "who get money pass." and there's no way in this world you can claim you don't know that.
Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by obailala(m): 10:56am On Jan 23, 2019
mrAMG:

Between Osinbajo and the CJN, who is the professional heavyweight?

Since we’re looking at achievements and the likes.

Who would you say has won more cases? Owns/works with a/more globally recognized and prestigious law firms?
I'm struggling to understand the relevance of this comparison. What has Osinbajo's worth or Onnoghen's worth got to do with a case of asset declaration?

Meanwhile, both men have distinguished themselves in their professions, and there's no way either you or I can gauge their worth by just making blindfolded conjectures here; I do not know their personal businesses or investments and neither do you. Any one of them can be richer than the other. But then again, what has their worth got to do with anything?... Are we Nigerians just so obsessed with arguing off point?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 23, 2019
obailala:
I'm struggling to understand the relevance of this comparison. What has Osinbajo's worth or Onnoghen's worth got to do with a case of asset declaration?

Meanwhile, both men have distinguished themselves in their professions, and there's no way either you or I can gauge their worth by just making blindfolded conjectures here; I do not know their personal businesses or investments and neither do you. Any one of them can be richer than the other. But then again, what has their worth got to do with anything?... Are we Nigerians just so obsessed with arguing off point?

I was only replying you. You started with the comparison

obailala:

By the way, Osinbajo is a professor in law, a renown lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who owns a renown global law firm that has handled and won some massive verifiable cases in the recent past. His source of income is very much verifiable if that is where you want to raise a dust.

2 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by ProWalker: 11:11am On Jan 23, 2019
obailala:
The law says certain govt officials MUST declare their assets before stepping into office. Osinbajo declared his, Onnoghen failed to declare several of his accounts (and was caught).

Onnoghen's offence isnt about having money, Onnoghen's offence is that he failed to declare his assets, which of course is against the law. This is elementary common sense!

By the way, Osinbajo is a professor in law, a renown lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who owns a renown global law firm that has handled and won some massive verifiable cases in the recent past. His source of income is very much verifiable if that is where you want to raise a dust.

The rate at which some Nigerians defend rubbish is sickening.

PaChukuwdi understand all these perfectly well, all he wanted to do is to as usual lead astray some gullible and hateful pdpigss and then start to insult the VP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Parada: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2019
Even you bigoted kinsmen on Nairaland knows that your father as to been excessively foolish for you to be so senseless. You have wasted over 10 years of your pathetic life arguing back n forth with nothing to showing Nairaland.

I wonder if your born n unborn children will be able to forgive you for such poor pathetic judgement about life. Bro, everyday of your life is a mistake pls visit the lagoon and save your kinsmen the sad n grief n sorrow you bring them daily.

PaChukwudi44:

you mean your father is still foolish after over 10 years? Peleoo bro

2 Likes

Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by obailala(m): 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2019
mrAMG:

I was only replying you. You started with the comparison

In my comment which you replied, I was only replying to someone else who brought up the needless wealth comparison; and I stated there too to the guy that it was a pointless comparison.
Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by Babacele: 1:06pm On Jan 23, 2019
REDshouse:
no one said he shld not have side biz which is even against the service code of conduct....but he shld have declare all of them in the code of conduct form....
he forgot - a euphemism thieves use to evade scrutiny. And to imagine the Chief Priest of Justice in Nigeria spitting that nonsense would give you an idea of the kind of corruption in the country PDP wants to perpetuate...
Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by orisa37: 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2019
Osinbajo declared. Onnoghen did not declare. That's the Allegation.

The Fact of the matter is, Asset Declaration Provisions in the 1999 Constitution, signed by General Abubakar Abdulsalami, is inscrutable and therefore inexecutable for any civil society without a corresponding "Liabilities Declaration Provisions".
Therefore, It's an abuse of law capable of misinterpretation and misapplication by crude, avengeful and mischievous minds.
Re: Zombies Osibanjo Declared $900k And N94M Why Crucify The CJN by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:41am On Jan 26, 2019
OneCorner:
I don’t understand... should he be left alone?
Let him be tried and jailed if he’s corrupt
If apc jail all opposition that are truly corrupt
Den pdp will jail opposition during there time too
And everything go clear.

I mean, see the poor masses trying so hard to support a corrupt person that amass their basic right to himself all because he’s from somewhere or supporting a particular party
God bless you for this.
You talk like a mature man that you are.
Thumbs up.
PDP are only fighting and crying for their pocket, not for Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What A Politician Gave Us To Buy Our Votes / The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. / Are You Still Doubting? Compare And Contrast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.