Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Ribadu Replies Bakare Over Political Ambition ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Replies Bakare Over Political Ambition ! (900 Views)

Protest In Lagos Over Political Violence In Rivers - Photo / Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters / Prince Dr. Emeka Mamah, Of Ifesinachi Transport, Declares His Political Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Replies Bakare Over Political Ambition ! by wales(m): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2010
The former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nuhu Ribadu, has refuted claims that he is plotting to hijack the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) to secure his political relevance in 2011.

According to the press statement by his aide, Chido Onumah, the recent utterances by the pastor of the Latter Day Saints, Tunde Bakare, suggests such and does not in any way reflect the plans of Mr Ribadu. “Nuhu Ribadu’s attention has been drawn to claims in the Sunday (August 15, 2010) sermon of respected preacher, Pastor Tunde Bakare, to the effect that Mr Ribadu desires to hijack the Save Nigeria Group for the purpose of his political ambition,” stated Mr Onumah. “Mr Ribadu strongly refutes this claim and affirms that he has the highest regard for Pastor Bakare and for his patriotic vision espoused through the SNG.”

The former anti-graft czar added that he still salutes the sacrifice, energy, and resources many Nigerians have invested in building the SNG, and hopes it will continue to grow in strength to become a major movement that will deepen democracy and national development. “I am convinced that Pastor Bakare came to his conclusion on a mistaken brief, and I look forward to meeting him soon to assure him that nothing like that ever, or could ever happen, because of the kind of person I am and the philosophy that guides my pubic conduct,” he said.

Mr Ribadu stated that no one can deny the role SNG played, and continues to play, “as our country tries to chart a path to greatness 50 years after independence.” “The SNG has become a mass movement of patriotic Nigerians from different walks of life and political persuasion whose common vision is a new and better Nigeria,” he said. “It would not only be presumptuous but tragic for any individual to think he or she can ‘hijack’ such a people-oriented organisation.”

Turbulence within

Last week, the SNG, a coalition of civil society and human rights group, suspended Mr Bakare, Yinka Odumakin, and Salihu Lukman from the group. According to the coordinator of Lawyers of Conscience, Benedict Ezeagu, and the Secretary General of the Conference of Nigeria Political Parties, Willy Ezugwu, the three were suspended because they refused to heed to warnings to stop activities that are contrary to the goals of the group. Mr Ezeagu said the suspension order stands till the proper constitution of the organization leadership structure was sorted out, revealed that frontline activist and lawyer, Femi Falana, was urged to convene a stakeholders meeting within two weeks.

They three members were accused associating with some politicians and presidential aspirants, and making some negotiations with them on behalf of the group. Mr Bakare and the other two members were said to have met with the former EFCC boss. SNG said the trio were suspended because their actions contrasted with the group’s objectives, insisting that the group is non partisan.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5607195-147/story.csp

Re: Ribadu Replies Bakare Over Political Ambition ! by NaijaNaWaa: 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2010
Reality is setting in slowly but surely. Pastor Bakare is just beginning to see the true character of Ribadu. Some of us have warned them several times to beware of Ribadu but they would not listen. I'm appealing to Prof Wole Soyinka to disown Ribadu immediately because when the snake turns against him, he (Prof) would not claim ignorance. Ribadu is a very bad omen. A dangerous and noxious character. Let him continue fooling the so called youths of today but the grown ups should be wise enough avoid him. Pastor Bakare is being abused by Ribadu's hirelings on Sahara Reporters and they forget that it was on the credibility of Pastor Bakare and Co that Ribadu rode to reckoning.
Re: Ribadu Replies Bakare Over Political Ambition ! by wales(m): 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2010
These guys mentioned Femi Falana - to convey a meeting! Becareful of Femi Falana. Pastor Bakare, if you ever said that you missed the point. The hand is the of Esau, the person who is hijacking is NOT Ribadu. Be wary of Femi Falan. He is very very smart. You only need to go back to his 'outfit' - the Campaign for Democracy and Human Rights (CDHR)- to see Femi Falana's lust for power. They are as not committed as you see them. Ask him of the crisis in CDHR and also do your independent investiagtion. You will be amazed.
Re: Ribadu Replies Bakare Over Political Ambition ! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2010
Ribadu's response to Pastor Bakare is very very civilised.

If Pastor Bakare is planning to run for President let him say so. Otherwise I don't know why he should be concerned about Ribadu having a Presidential ambition while identifying with his group.

Pastor Bakare should not get arrogant. He needs folks like Ribadu to braoden the base of SNG and make in-roads in the North. If Bakare's agenda for SNG is selfless then he has no business making statements like these.
Re: Ribadu Replies Bakare Over Political Ambition ! by tkb417(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2010
what does he mean by hijacking the party?

i thought a political party would naturally want credible people to come to their party

if pastor feels Ribadus entrance is throwing spanner in his personal ambition, he should let us know

besides, the party flagbearer isnt gonna be chosen by fiat. The primaries will test their popularity so Pastor should leave it for the electorare to determine who is best for the party

enu o se rara

(1) (Reply)

‘i Tried To Jump: But My Weave-on Caught Fire’ - Survivor / How I Escaped From Kidnappers, By Tafawa Balewa’s Son / Beaf:post Pictures Of What Jonathan Did As Governor Of Bayelsa State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.