Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

$9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos (26045 Views)

Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States / Nigeria’s Manufacturing Pmi Grows To 57.8% In May 2019 / $9bn Has Been Used By FG To Defend Naira, Says Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Heavance(m): 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2019
Konquest:
$9bn Dangote Refinery to Begin Test Production May 2019

Emefiele said, “You all will attest to the fact that this is certainly a transformational project for Nigeria, and it totally keyed into the objectives of President Muhammadu Buhari that says that we need to think about how to conserve foreign exchange and diversify the economy.

Emefiele assured that Nigeria will not only be self-sufficient in the production of refined petroleum products but will also join the league of countries exporting petroleum products out of the country, once the refinery becomes operational by the first quarter of 2020.[/b]

please someone should explain this..... presently, have we stopped exporting?

1 Like

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2019
ashjay001:

Well, not being a civil engineer, but still think, dey could be using d 50% portion that has been completed, for d fertilizer plant?
You mean the Refinery, even the piping and mechanical installation works needs to be completed to a reasonable extent too before test production. Though works are ongoing simultaneously both day and night, but i doubt if they can meet up with the date...... You need to visit the site to understand better cos the project is very massive.
I wish him the very best.

1 Like

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by nextstep(m): 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2019
MrAJQ:
When the government is good and Strong the investment in the country will also be good and strong..

Saraki what do you have to say here?
Meanwhile Sai Baba

Yes, because Dangote conceived this refinery only after Buhari was elected abi?
It was Buhari's policy of devaluating Naira and impoverishing the economy that helped this project take off?
It was because of Buhari a consortium of international and local banks loaned money for the project, at a time of unprecedented capital flight?

This is a project done IN SPITE of Buhari. That man has been an obstacle to every single meaningful thing in this country.
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by nextstep(m): 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:
Fantastic. I've been encouraging potential individuals home and abroad to come and invest in real estate within this promising location. Definitely, it's going to be great.

I'm not sure about that... you know how much the air around refineries get polluted? It might be good for industry, and maybe building industrial estates, but I doubt you'd want your children near there.

1 Like

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Metrofox(m): 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2019
IBBG:
may be this will force the govt to privatize the existing moribond refineries we have
Definitely that's the end point once they see how a refinery is supposed to function and of course Dangote will not be stupid to run his refinery on nepotism the way most government institutions operate today.. Those refineries are going to end up exactly like Nitel and others
With the way Nigeria is configured today(high levels of nepotism) ,Atiku has a point with privatisation but the only fear is the process and how do we make sure they don't bastardize it by selling to family and friends just like they did PHCN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Konquest: 4:53pm On Jan 23, 2019
rottennaija:

That is when people will feel the impact of the foundation PMB is laying
^^^
^^^
Absolutely... you are very correct! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Biodun556(m): 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2019
chiedu7:
It's an insult that Oil is taken from the Niger Delta & refined elsewhere.

The Niger Delta needs to get its act together.

I don't see Dangote refinery sourcing crude oil from Niger Delta when Lagos and Ondo state has crude oil in commercial quantity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Smile4daddy(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2019
chiedu7:

The money your drunkard GEJ stole, and that of his Dubious minister Godsday Orubebe is enough to build Refinery in the Niger Delta Region.

2 Likes

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Biodun556(m): 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2019
Bluffly:

Black man mentality. No one is stopping an ND person from doing same on their soil. Rather than say insult, say it is a shame on Niger deltians. Blacks put hate first, blame others for their predicament, whereas they are not thinking neither are they ready to crack the ribs.

Lagos and Ondo state will supply the crude oil.

2 Likes

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by musicwriter(m): 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2019
Metrofox:

I like the way your mind works

But if he wins we will be free. However, I doubt he will.

1 Like

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Meritocracy: 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2019
[quote author=theoldpretender post=75039897]

The project was started under GEJ admin, and the same administration also helped with securing some of the loans[/

Buhari issued the license, so how is every project started under Jonathan and couldn't finish one for 6years. If you mention any project people will say it started under Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2019
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@obailala

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

I have my sympathies for the CURRENT APC government because
they at least steered Nigeria out of recession which came as a result of the
massive drop in crude oil price, and have laid the economic foundations
gradually with the completion of road such as the Ilorin-Jebba highway which
previous governments never completed. I saw the Oba of Jebba in Kwara
State thanking the current for completing the road which should ordinarily take
45 minutes to drive from Ilorin to Jebba... and on to Northern Nigeria by driving
across the River Niger at Jebba into Niger State.

The next government at the Federal level will definately become popular when
the 650,000 barrels/day refinery comes on stream. People would subconsciously
tranfer much love to the incoming government.

It is also good that the current government has NOT removed the petroleum subsidy
due to the increase in global oil price after the recession and also during the heavy
winter periods in the Western world. Doing so would have made Nigerians to suffer
more than they are doing now.

Peter Obi was saying during the Vice Presidential Debate that PDP would remove
the petroleum subsidy... but this is VERY UNWISE, just as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said
because Nigerians would SUFFER more economically with over 200% rise in the cost of good
and services. It baffles me that some people are insulting this government, NOT realising that
the Federal Government is doing Nigerians a favour. The oil subsidy should ONLY BE REMOVED
when Dangote Petrochemical Refinery starts producing from end of April 2019 through to
early 2020!

Several countries had recessions during that period... including some
oil-producing countries and primarily that of Nigeria was caused by insufficient
foreign exchange [FX] in the Central Bank of Nigeria [CBN] to fund imports, so
ultimately OIL & GAS DIVERSIFICATION is the key as the 21st Century
advances!

Read more here: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-35345874
"Falling oil prices: How are countries being affected?"

All the best and Happy 2019!

clap for your self now go collect your BMO stipend idiot
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Biodun556(m): 5:12pm On Jan 23, 2019
TheAngry1:
This would have been built in the Niger Delta, but the 'our oyel' maniacs chased the man away because of greed. They sacrificed the future of their grandchildren because of a few Dollars. Where is Asari the fat pig? Kudos Lagos! This is just the beginning...

If Dangote hoped to source crude oil from Niger Delta he wouldn't have locate the refinery in lagos. Lekki where the refinery is located shared proximity with Ondo an oil producing state as well. Just after plans have concluded to built the refinery, Lagos state also discovered crude oil in commercial quantity in Badagry. So there is point going to ND.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2019
nextstep:

I'm not sure about that... you know how much the air around refineries get polluted? It might be good for industry, and maybe building industrial estates, but I doubt you'd want your children near there.
Have you visit that axis? there are industrial and residential location.
In addition when we are talking about real estate investments related opportunities; is not a must someone has to live in that place but one certain thing is that; you will always have value for your investments. Can you imagin having a plot of land in Ikoyi, Marina, Lekki Phase 1/2, Cheveron, VGC and so on. In few years to come, Ibeju-Lekki will be in such categories as well. It's going to be great.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Ajibel(m): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2019
Konquest:
The Refinery will have the capacity to refine 650,000 barrels of crude oil per day. The petrochemical plant will produce 780,000 metric tonnes of polypropylene yearly, 500,000 metric tonnes of polyethylene while the fertiliser project will produce 3.0 million metric tonnes per annum (mmtpa) of urea,” Dangote said.

Dangote added that his company is also building the largest sub-sea pipeline infrastructure in any country in the world, with a length of 1,100 kilometres, to handle three billion standard cubic feet of gas per day.

According to him, the company also plans to construct a 570 megawatt-capacity power plant in this complex.
“As a matter of fact, gas from our gas pipeline will augment the natural domestic gas supply and we estimate an additional 12,000MW of power generation can be added to the grid with the additional gas from our system,” he said.

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
This is massive... and will transform Nigeria and Africa with the BIGGEST refinery in the world!

From this:

"As a matter of fact, gas from our gas pipeline will augment the natural domestic gas supply and we estimate an additional 12,000MW of power generation can be added to the grid with the additional gas from our system",

I expect Lagos state government to tap into this. Once this refinery becomes fully operational and the gas pipeline project has been completed, I see no reason why Lagos state shouldn't have 24/7 power supply.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by erosimo(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
MrAJQ:
When the government is good and Strong the investment in the country will also be good and strong..

Saraki what do you have to say here?
Meanwhile Sai Baba

Which one is sai baba? The whole idea came from the Economic team under Jonathan administration. Jonathan administration gave the license as well helped acquired land for the project with support of lagos government.
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Ibrahimanis: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2019
chiedu7:

The Gold refinery currently been built is not in kebbi where most of the golds are sourced from and I don't see anyone complaining.

2 Likes

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by precious1967(m): 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2019
good news
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by OBIPLUS(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2019
I wish to secure employment with the firm, any one with leads should please connect me, have been without job since I graduated in 2009, my phone number is 08063389700.thanks ,will thank you later.
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by eljydoski: 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:

Have you visit that axis? there are industrial and residential location.
In addition when we are talking about real estate investments related opportunities; is not a must someone has to live in that place but one certain thing is that; you will always have value for your investments. Can you imagin having a plot of land in Ikoyi, Marina, Lekki Phase 1/2, Cheveron, VGC and so on. In few years to come, Ibeju-Lekki will be in such categories as well. It's going to be great.

Well said!
contact 08133059314(calls and Whatsapp) today to invest in ibeju lekki.
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by steve6: 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2019
Patiently waiting...
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by gabng(m): 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2019
Don't be silly!!!

Crude source is offshore ondo

To
chiedu7:

2 Likes

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Ikpongiton: 7:47pm On Jan 23, 2019
self sufficiency in refined petroleum products in 2020 my foot.other countries are investing and making plans on eletric cars
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Ikpongiton: 8:05pm On Jan 23, 2019
scamgote,africa biggest scammer .
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by IBBG(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2019
Metrofox:

Definitely that's the end point once they see how a refinery is supposed to function and of course Dangote will not be stupid to run his refinery on nepotism the way most government institutions operate today.. Those refineries are going to end up exactly like Nitel and others
With the way Nigeria is configured today(high levels of nepotism) ,Atiku has a point with privatisation but the only fear is the process and how do we make sure they don't bastardize it by selling to family and friends just like they did PHCN
That is why we must insist that the privatization should only be through sales of shares on the nigerian stock exchange, so that they will be forced to make publish their accounts and satisfy investor, rather a few individual profitting from it.

1 Like

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by bizzibodi(m): 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2019
The money Gej,dieziani stole shld b able to build refineries in niger delta na!

2 Likes

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by ashjay001(m): 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
Castroii:

You mean the Refinery, even the piping and mechanical installation works needs to be completed to a reasonable extent too before test production. Though works are ongoing simultaneously both day and night, but i doubt if they can meet up with the date...... You need to visit the site to understand better cos the project is very massive.
I wish him the very best.

I meant a fertilizer plant. This article, was referring to a fertilizer plant, a subset of d refinery, beginning operations in May 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Konquest: 10:54pm On Jan 23, 2019
Ajibel:

From this:

"As a matter of fact, gas from our gas pipeline will augment the natural domestic gas supply and we estimate an additional 12,000MW of power generation can be added to the grid with the additional gas from our system",

I expect Lagos state government to tap into this. Once this refinery becomes fully operational and the gas pipeline project has been completed, I see no reason why Lagos state shouldn't have 24/7 power supply.

@Ajibel

You're absolutely correct!
Lagos and Ogun States will take full advantage
of the increase in power output from Dangote
Refinery because they are the most
industrialized in Nigeria.

Remember that Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum had
struck gas with some quantity of oil in the late
1990s in Ibeju - Lekki , so that axis is going to
witness more energy production... Yinka Folawiyo
also struck oil and gas onshore and offshore
Badagry in the late 1990s.

The offshore oil and gas off Badagry is now
being drilled because of improvements in oil
exploration technology.

Great one for Lagos and Nigeria grin

All the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2019
ashjay001:

I meant a fertilizer plant. This article, was referring to a fertilizer plant, a subset of d refinery, beginning operations in May 2019
Yea, but the OP title is misleading and quoted refinery.
The fertilizer plant is almost ready and can be set for operation by then.
Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by ashjay001(m): 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2019
Castroii:

Yea, but the OP title is misleading and quoted refinery.
The fertilizer plant is almost ready and can be set for operation by then.

I get u, yet, d fertilizer plant, is still part of d refinerytongue

1 Like

Re: $9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos by cardoctor(m): 1:03am On Jan 24, 2019
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please ,what Profitable Business Can I Do With 20,000 Naira. / Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About / Court To Restrain GTB From Deregistering As A LLC To Avoid ₦32 Billion Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.