Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business (25790 Views)

How To Run A Profitable Cyber Cafe Business In Nigeria / Is Cyber Cafe Business Going Extinct In Nigeria? / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by suly(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2007
I have a cyber-cafe and I need to improve. Can anyone advise me?
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by segebee(m): 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2007
i have a minibook on that
wld u love to have it
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by suly(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2007
oh yes shegebee! i'w love to have the bbook if u dont mind.
tnx for ur concern.
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by Seun(m): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2007
Moved to business section
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by naijacutee(f): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2007
When you say you need to improve, in what way do you need to 'improve'? Unless you can identify the problems with your cyber cafe business, you won't be able to make much of an impact. For example, -  Are you struggling with the internet service and paying off the bills each month? If so, you might want to consider reviewing your contract with the company, and looking to see if there are any alternatives - and also consider the cost of switching. If you are struggling with lack of customers, then you might want to review actions you can take to attract more customers to your cafe. Maybe you could start a promotion - half price browsing or something. You could put a new billboard and list all the services you render. If you have facilities which allow people to use their own laptops within your premises, for a small fee, then put it out there. If your cafe is air-conditioned, let people know. If people have more privacy and your computers are faster, let them know. You can't "improve" if you don't know what to improve on. Write down a list of problems with your current business and you can share it here. You don't have to give your address. Two heads, they say is better than one. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by niceuzor: 10:57pm On Jul 18, 2007
naijacutee - Sorry to cut u off Do u have a Cybercafe?
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by naijacutee(f): 10:43am On Jul 19, 2007
No, I don't have a cybercafe but sucessful businesses run on the same principles.
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by spikedcylinder: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2007
I dont think naijacutee needs to own a cafe to give sound advice about cyber cafes. Follow her advice and you'll be on your way to improving your cafe. Good luck.
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by hola2ng(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2007
@naijacutee

All well said.
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by bugado(m): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2007
yes my brother is not even only ur own a lot of people need to improve their cyber cafe
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by Chiaka(f): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2007
little advice - A nice interior generally. Has to look neat and bright, well air-condition, quite spacious wouldn’t like sitting shoulder to shoulder with other customers, nice and comfortable seat and have to be recliner seats in case I need to sleep so all I need do is stretch the seat out. Then fast and stable internet connectivity. Flat screen monitor and good looking other accessories not old looking monitors, keyboard, mouse etc. A good Earpiece to listen to some music or make PC to PC calls and of course a nice looking clear webcam. Then It has to be the cheapest in town. Then no other cyber will sell but yours!!! grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by Elgaxton(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2007
Very easy to improve ur cybercafe,

[size=18pt]Just increase your bandwith[/size] as in speed and see wether pple no go dey line up for ur cybercafe to browse

That's just the simple secret! even at 150 naira per hour pple will still be trooping in!
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by Tmoni(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ naijacutee,
i hv grown to respect your posts on business,
seem to know ur stuff

would want to hv u as a business partner
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by warfarian(m): 11:55pm On Jul 19, 2007
To be frannk poster, Cyber Cafe is not an easy business to run at all, you have to be very very care, Meanwhile you need to look for a good engineer that can be able to notify you anytime the bandwith is low, u didnt tell us the ISP u r using, there are some fake ISP's everywhere, i believe u must have made some enquiries about other successful and nonsuccessful cyber cafes around, b4 you decided the ISO u want to use, so? u need to ask other cybers using the same ISP with u if they are encounterin the props u r encouterin

Like i said earlier, a cyber cafe is not an izy busines, you must b a strong and smart type, i wish u luck and success,

good nite

1 Like

Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by Seun(m): 12:59am On Jul 20, 2007
The cyber-cafe business is a little bit of a dinosaur, really. Home browsing owns the future. You have to offer more than just overpriced web access to convince some of us to even think about your cyber-cafe. cool
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by MP007(m): 6:05am On Jul 20, 2007
this is 2007, cyber-cafe brother plz, instead of investing in local ISP services for homes that can provide month do' for u
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by atilla(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2007
@poster brother please what is the problem so i can know what to advise you on,

Ade
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by Orikinla(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2007
The success of a cyber cafe depends on the reception and location.

There are only three functional cyber cafes on Bonny Island, charging from N150 - N200 per hour. But the patronage is low, because of low level of literacy in the community.
Most of the inhabitants are intellectual illiterates who are more concerned about their economic interests and social status symbols and the TV set means more to them than a PC. And even though most of them can use GSM mobile phones, they cannot use the mouse and are still seeing the PC as the modern typewriter.

The secondary school pupils on Bonny Island have the IQ of nursery 3 pupils in Corona schools in Ikoyi, Lagos.
I have seen pupils as old as 17 years in junior secondary school class 1 on Bonny Island and when I saw their public schools, I broke down in agony. Because, even a ranch in the US looked better than these schools.

The three cyber cafes on Bonny Island are well maintained, and there is regular power supply on Bonny Island. In fact, one of the two towns on Bonny Island, Finima, has free power supply from the Nigeria LNG Bonny Plant Complex. But the owners have to wait for more of the people to become enlightened. And since they can be online on their mobile phones, they will soon need cyber cafes as they need roadside GSM booths.

Most cyber cafes in Lagos are crowdy and rowdy, because of the high level of literacy and regular patronage among adults and minors in the mega city. Most of the cyber cafes charge between N100 and N150 per hour. The best cyber cafe is 96.9 Cool FM's Cool Link cyber cafe on Etim Inyang Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. Cool Link charges N250 per hour.

But, irregular power supply and power outages make cyber cafes in Lagos to charge more, because they have to rely on power generators.

The two examples of Bonny Island and Lagos have addressed the question of the best location.  
Locate the cyber cafe where people need it.
Supply on demand and not based on probabilities.

Now what is a cyber cafe in terms of the service?

Visit the British Council nearest you to see how the cyber cafe is managed.

A cyber cafe must be clean and the toilets must be very clean with regular water supply.
I stopped going to a particular cyber cafe after seeing the terrible state of the toilet.
Clean toilets are best.

The managers must be honest and should not cheat their customers as many managers do in Lagos.

Of course, you must have good PCs and fast ISP.

Cyber Cafes can be good meeting places for chat rooms and friends to relax and escape from the over-crowded apartments in tenements in most congested towns and cities in Lagos and other states in Nigeria. Making the cyber cafes comfortable will attract regular patronage.

Have a corner for customers to sit and relax with novels and magazines to read.
Like Hip-Hop and MTV magazines for the guys and True Love and Hints magazines for the babes. What they read in the print publications can push them to spend more time surfing to read more online.
But NO TV sets.

I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by souleymon(m): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2007
The best response was from Orikinla .I manage a cafe as well (though its a family business),it's a tough business.i try as much as possible to satisfy my customer.i sometimes typeset,photocopy and the other computer works.
I charge extra since i run on Gen all day.
My hourly charge is N120 and N220 for 2hrs.its  a long term investment.the basic thing is that u must have a fast ISP n good power supply and sound mangerial skill

1 Like

Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by NiteAngel(m): 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2007
Diligence. Neat and relaxing Environment. Regular Power. Clean Convenience (for clients only). Tutoring. Closed Door Policy on Swindlers,

If there's a waiting room, you may consider selling snacks and running a phone service by the side
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by naijacutee(f): 3:10am On Jul 23, 2007
Seun:

You have to offer more than just overpriced web access to convince some of us to even think about your cyber-cafe. cool

MP007:

this is 2007, cyber-cafe brother plz, instead of investing in local ISP services for homes that can provide month do' for u

In my opinion, as long as internet access is working, convenient (i.e not everyone needs to be online 24hours a day) and affordable (Paying =N=250/hr for one hour to read-your-emails-and-go is cheaper than paying =N=20/hr to keep broadband on when you don't need it.) then it isn't overpriced. It's just meeting a need for those who cannot afford home browsing, and those who simply do not need to be online. There are cyber cafes even in the most advanced countries.

@ Tmoni - Bring it on wink
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by marcm: 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2007
Hello All thanks for your advice to our broda on here regarding his cyber cafe business, i been into cyber Cafe business for years and i manage and set it up for clients, all i would want you to put in consideration is :

1) Location: are you located in an area where its convenient enough for customers?
You must make it condusive and attractive

2) Connection: Is your speed fast enough that with just a click a page uploads?
get a good ISP to serve you better

3) Technical dept: Do you have a good engineer that is always consistent and takes your equipments as his own?
have a standard engineer and he has got to be available 24-7 no matter if he has no job to do

4) Management: Do you have a manager that knows much about a cyber cafe?
Its a must you have a stable and knowledgeable cafe manager that would solve problems without you being there or present

5) Security: Do you consider the police posts/stations around your location?
You must be friendly and always settle any station Dpo close to you to avoid cafe embarrassment to your customers

Well i would stop here if you need my assistance i am willing to help you anytime, tell me your location and when u want me to come i get your problem sorted out for you then you gonna smile always dont worry God is ever there for we all

1 Love: Everything is Everything

Mcmoses

1 Like

Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by SOJ(m): 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2007
Hmmm,way to go Orikinla.U av made a valuable point there.Location and customer service(network speed,curtesy etc) all are pivotal to the success of a cafe.If a server is fast and the reception is rude and abusive,then what?
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by Carlosein(m): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2007
cyber cafe is serioius business jusst like any other but a lot of guys just go into it expecting to make some easy bucks. well hope they learn a lesson or two.

little advice - A nice interior generally. Has to look neat and bright, well air-condition, quite spacious wouldn’t like sitting shoulder to shoulder with other customers, nice and comfortable seat and have to be recliner seats in case I need to sleep so all I need do is stretch the seat out. Then fast and stable internet connectivity. Flat screen monitor and good looking other accessories not old looking monitors, keyboard, mouse etc. A good Earpiece to listen to some music or make PC to PC calls and of course a nice looking clear webcam. Then It has to be the cheapest in town. Then no other cyber will sell but yours!!!

@chiaka
wo u no wan go house again or u want to live eternally in a cafe grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by techguru: 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2007
You asked for advice and you have to trust me,
a) Do you have the cybercafe already If so, sell it off and cut your losses.
b) Are you thinking of starting one, don't even try it. Keep your money.

Cafe business will not give you a living, unless you are lucky like CoolFM (don't start dreaming about that because the cafe runs on Cool FM's other infrastructure such as power, rent, etc.

I will advice my enemies not to touch cybercafes for any reason, now if you want to know why, then you will have to contact me. Sorry if I spoilt your day.
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by hola2ng(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2007
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by seeu(m): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2007
You need money to do that
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by seeu(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2007
Or do want someone to lend you money?
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by seeu(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2007
Just holla me if u want. The interest is a bit high
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by seeu(m): 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2007
You know running Cyber cafe is not all that easy.
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by luckia(m): 6:56pm On Jul 26, 2007
THE ONLY WAY I CAN HELP YOU SOLVE SOME OF YOUR CAFE ISSUES IS FOR YOU TELLING THE PROBLEMS ON GROUND, MOREALSO YOU CURRENT STOCKS AND QUALITIES YOU HAVE ON GROUND, I LIKE TO MANAGE BUSINESSES YOU KNOW, JUST HINT ME,

I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST AND DON'T BE AFRAID ABOUT MONEY, ITS FREE
Re: I Want To Improve In My Cyber-cafe Business by luckia(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2007
THE ONLY WAY I CAN HELP YOU SOLVE SOME OF YOUR CAFE ISSUES IS FOR YOU TELLING THE PROBLEMS ON GROUND, MOREALSO YOU CURRENT STOCKS AND QUALITIES YOU HAVE ON GROUND, I LIKE TO MANAGE BUSINESSES YOU KNOW, JUST HINT ME,

I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST AND DON'T BE AFRAID ABOUT MONEY, ITS FREE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. / Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide / Consumers Groan As Prices Of Bread Hit N150 For Smallest Size

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.