Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Golden Rules Of Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Golden Rules Of Programming (781 Views)

I Gave Up On Programming. I'm Tired Of Programming. I Need To Rest. / MTN Momo Hack: The Dangerous Aspect Of Programming No One Tells You About / Mathematics As Backbone Of Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Golden Rules Of Programming by Dboy55(m): 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
1. Make sure you understand the problem you’re trying to solve.

2. Prioritize clarity and correctness. Performance is less important, and cleverness is to be avoided.

3.If your code needs comments to be understood, it’s over-complicated.

4.Always comment your code, or at least your modules.
Extensibility and reusability are over-rated.

5. Don’t innovate security. Use well-established security libraries.

6.If you haven’t tested it, it probably doesn’t work.

7.If you have time to ‘go back and fix it later’ you’ve got bigger problems in your job.

8.Integrated Development Environments (like VisualStudio) and the internet (e.g. StackOverflow) are the best friends a coder could ever have.

9.printf is the world’s simplest debugger.

Source quora

2 Likes

Re: Golden Rules Of Programming by 3KINGZ18: 8:42am On Jan 24, 2019
No.3 though a well written code should always have a comment regard less if it's over complicated or not

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Status Saver / HTML Web Design In 7 Days / China Now Uses Gait Technology To Identify People Based On How They Walk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.