Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists (19495 Views)

2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi / I'm Under Pressure To Support Buhari - Umahi / Arthur Eze Donates N1 Billion To Support Buhari, Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by TheSaxophonist: 6:51am On Jan 24, 2019
Chukwuemeka Opara

As President Muhammadu Buhari plan to kick start his campaign in Ebonyi on Jan. 30, Governor David Umahi has said the people of the state would welcome the APC’s presidential candidate.

Umahi said on Wednesday during a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rally in Ivo Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.

He noted that Buhari is a friend of the state in spite of belonging to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“He is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and party and governance are different,” he said.

Umahi added: “The presidency will tell me if the president wants traditional rulers to meet with him.

“None of the opposition parties can pull the traditional rulers out without my consent.

“The people (presidency) know how to contact me and I will assemble all the traditional rulers to meet the president.”

He urged the people to vote for PDP candidates in the election, noting that every party stakeholder is a chairman in his respective polling unit.

“We will use our cameras to record the electoral process but not the actual voting inside the cubicle.

“I spoke with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman on Tuesday and he confirmed that cameras can be used as such and that the election will be free and fair,” he said.

Umahi commended Mr Pius Anyim a one time President of the Senate for his support.

Anyim who was also a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) welcomed Umahi to the area and pledged the peoples’ support for his re-election bid.

“We are here to celebrate what has been written and we have no doubt in our abilities, haven tested and seen what it looks like.

“I want to therefore say that the second term bid of the governor is a forgone conclusion,” he said.

Mr Onyekachi Nwebonyi, the state PDP Chairman, urged the people to vote for the party’s candidates in all elections from presidential to the house of assembly. (NAN)
Source:
http://www.insiderpostonline.com/news/ebonyi-will-welcome-buhari-umahi/

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by DEXTROVERT: 6:54am On Jan 24, 2019
Umahi
Always
Speaking
Confusingly

Are
You
Pdp
Or
APC
You
Cant
Serve
God
And
Mammon

Get
ARTICULATING
Or
Die
BUAHARILIZED

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by mmb(m): 6:55am On Jan 24, 2019
Umahi is wise.

Nnamdi KANU and his IPOB brothers right now..

82 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by seedgreen(m): 6:55am On Jan 24, 2019
The most democratic Gov in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, all votes go to Atiku

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:56am On Jan 24, 2019
LET'S GO THERE...

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by asdfjklhaha(f): 6:56am On Jan 24, 2019
He should keep confusing ebonyians and fooling himself trying to play neutral until ogbuorji wins him in the gubernatorial race, then his eyes will open.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by hemartins(m): 6:56am On Jan 24, 2019
He is welcome everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by dokyOloye: 6:56am On Jan 24, 2019
He's still d zoo president, it's a formality to welcome him.
Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by babyfaceafrica: 6:57am On Jan 24, 2019
smart governor

15 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by nonoski: 6:58am On Jan 24, 2019
Umahi
Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by Olatunji1929: 6:58am On Jan 24, 2019
Foolish governor why dont you declare public holiday for buhari visit this governor body is in pdp while his spirit and the soul are in apc

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by kareemkamil(m): 6:58am On Jan 24, 2019
Obj u see your life

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by DjAduba(m): 6:58am On Jan 24, 2019
Better Politician weh get Brain....

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by ybalogs(m): 6:58am On Jan 24, 2019
I will enter His gate with thanksgiving in my heart
I will enter His courts with praise
I will say this is the day that the Lord has made
I will rejoice for He has made me glad
He has made me glad
I am so glad
I will rejoice for He has made me glad
Hallelujah
He has made me glad
I am so glad
I will rejoice for He has made me glad.

14 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by roymary: 6:58am On Jan 24, 2019
Yeah !!! No integrity! Do the dirty work for your Aboki boss- you spineless governor. Anything to stay in power even if it goes against the common goal of your tribe. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by adedehinbo(m): 6:59am On Jan 24, 2019
Only senseless PDP online miscreants find faults in this man,irrespective of that he still embark on building projects that will benefits every region

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 24, 2019
The baboon from the west side will not like this

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by DjAduba(m): 6:59am On Jan 24, 2019
E pain am kikikikikikikiki
Olatunji1929:
Foolish governor why dont you declare public holiday for buhari visit this governor body is in pdp while his spirit and the soul are in apc

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 24, 2019
Stingy campaign or are campaign managers more corrupt and greedy now?
Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by ybalogs(m): 6:59am On Jan 24, 2019
We know who Umahi is working for. Ebonyi is bad market for Atiku as it stands.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by Kelly2713(m): 7:00am On Jan 24, 2019
tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by handie(m): 7:00am On Jan 24, 2019
I like this Umahi guy. Politics of interest and not politics of sentiments. Be that as it may, Buhari go still lose Ebonyi state...... He might record 15 to 20 percent sha

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 24, 2019
Olatunji1929:

Ifeanyi be proud of where you are from and stop hiding behind a Yoruba moniker

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by helinues: 7:00am On Jan 24, 2019
Umahi my man.

Bold enough to show where is presidential political loyalty lies

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by Pavore9: 7:01am On Jan 24, 2019
Smart of him.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by Daniel058(m): 7:01am On Jan 24, 2019
That's my Governor, very smart...

grin

AKUBARUOHA is working

#Real Igbo man...

8 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists by Randy100: 7:01am On Jan 24, 2019
When he come to Enugu, I will be there to see the guy that has brought misery to Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Mark Rutte, Netherland Prime Minister In Abuja / APC Is Now Dead On Nairaland! / FG Will Pay ‘failed Investors’ N736bn To Repossess Discos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.