Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? (8564 Views)

Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? / Church With Wealthy Single Ladies In Lagos? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2007
she should attend the same church with him smiley
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by 9ja4eva: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2007
Yeah she shld cos its brings unity.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:31am On Apr 24, 2007
whats attending the same church got to do with it?
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by 9ja4eva: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2007
Helps tighten the bond i think.Besides y wnt u follow ur husband to his church?Its kind of not good.Wat u tink?
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2007
I don't know why it's always the woman who has to compromise!

Anyway I won't have any problem like this since going to church isn't a matter of make up and break up for me!
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by 9ja4eva: 5:36am On Apr 25, 2007
lol

U don talk una own
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by charla(f): 9:40am On Apr 25, 2007
i'm a living testimony of parents goin to different churches.its wrong,its confusin 4 d kids and it sows seeds of distrust in the household.
i agree wiv seun,if they can't find a compromise they shud break up sharpish!

1 Like

Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by adeboo(f): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2007
Well in order to live at peace in the home.
They are better off attending the same church.

Thats just one of the things to consider when you wanna settle down with someone - it should have been dealt with before it got to this stage.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by agnesoseka: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2007
to be on the same page with your spouse,its best to attend the same church, cos the unity is really important for the foundation of any marriage.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by polo(m): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2007
Well to me i dont see a big deal in making you place of worship a compulsary thing for the next party.though a lot of people do that and it causes a lot of problem in times of marriage.

what i will advice her is since he's the one getting married to her and she knows he has been worshipping there all these years, then she has to comply with his demands or broke up, which is what she would have done a long time ago.

Have Fun!!!
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by kellorah: 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2007
not a biggie but it sure does help wink
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by netsai: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2007
When a woman agrees to marry a man, she equally agrees to change her name,her house, her orientation and every other thing she had in her parents home.She might as well change to his church.A christian is a christian.Fine there's no rule that says a woman must attend her husband's church, but i know the bible advises women to submit to their husbands.I'll therefore advise that she attends the man's church for peace sake and a happier marriage.But if the man can also agree to attend her church,its all good.I ve a friend who had this exact problem which almost tore her marriage apart, but in the end she had to succumb n she's a happier person today. smiley
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by lizzy47(f): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2007
well if this church issue is giving them all this problems thier in for a crumble in thier marriage my advice as a lot of other pple have said is that they should decide on the church to attend or break up now b4 its too late
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Brymore(m): 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2007
I think it depends on the church they attend.

Some churches insist that both partners must be from same church so they will be hearing the same 'word'.
It makes me wonder whether the Bible in churches is different, but then, things happen.

You must also note that for churches generally, doctrines differ. I would not want to mention any names here, but I'm sure if you do a little research on churches and doctrines, you will see what I mean.

The implication is that the husband may attend a church that permits a particular act (maybe mini-skirt wearing) while the woman's church abhors it. This might latter become an issue or a problem if the couple have strong personal convictions.

So my advice is that they should understand themselves very well and decide. It should not be an issue to quarrel over.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Aproko(f): 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2007
thanx guys. you guys are 4ever helpful.belive me, you guys have put sense into their heads.they dont want to break up, so mrs. is ready to bend for mr while mr has agreed to go with whatever makes mrs. happy (she read all your posts by the way).

so to those who find themselves in a similar position,pray until something you like happens.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by lizzy47(f): 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2007
well Brymore u always have aunique approach to issues
@topic thats good for them, they should think of how to make babie and not worry over who goes where
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Everbright(f): 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2007
I think they should both leave their churches and start attending another church
or better still a mosque grin grin
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by spoilt(f): 4:38am On Apr 27, 2007
Everbright:

I think they should both leave their churches and start attending another church
or better still a mosque grin grin

abi! grin
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by 9ja4eva: 5:04am On Apr 27, 2007
charla:

i'm a living testimony of parents goin to different churches.its wrong,its confusin 4 d kids and it sows seeds of distrust in the household.
i agree with seun,if they can't find a compromise they should break up sharpish!

Yu right.People dnt know dt
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by lovelyn7777: 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
If they can't agree they should part ways. She is not yet his wife so submission doesn't come in. http://getpaidpervisit.com/?rid=93642
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by gofieli(m): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
I am actually in similar situation. I was born into the Anglican family and met the woman I later married in the Anglican church but during courtship I had a situation that took me to a new generation Pentecostal church. It was actually a prayer ministry that runs only on Sunday evening so I was able to combine it with my Anglican church without stress but along the line it became a full church with its own Sunday morning service and other weekly activities and God has spoken specifically to me that He is the one that brought me here for a purpose and I am seeing it's confirmation. But during this period she told me she not attend my church but because we joke and play so much I never took it serious until now. One year after our marriage she still refuse to attend my church. The annoying part is when she is trying to drag me back to Anglican church (the Anglican church is a very good church but my point is that I moved on divine instruction because initially I never loved the idea of our prayer ministry turning into a full church but I had to obey God's leading and now I'm enjoying it and seeing the reason why God brought me here). Ephesians 5:24 says it all
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2018
Seun:
I honestly think their marriage is going to fail if they can be fighting over such a trivial, easily solvable issue.
Since they are both obstinate and uncompromising; they should break up amicably as soon as possible, period.
I have to agree with Seun on this. When will I see you in person?
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
kadeyy:
I know couples of even different religions that are living together peacefully. But I won't underestimate the power of belief. If their love is not strong enough to hold their divergent denominational inclinations together. They should call it quit now because it's bound to happen sometime.

But I will understand if a good number of people advice the woman to be submissive as the xtian faith teaches. Isn't is all about the faith anyway?
That marriage will fail. The submission aspect you lifted from the Bible is for husbands and wives.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2018
refused to attend my man's church. its just one of those churches that would have entailed me turning to a nun and plaiting my hair thread. he knew i wasnt about to do it. he came to mine. grin smiley
Hahaaaa grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

they have to agree b4 marriage or else it can even tear the marriage apart.
Yea
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2018
Echidime:

How can an unmarried lady start fighting with her husband to be? If a woman can obey her husband what the hell is the reason of her wanting to marry the guy? or is she after his wealth? Going to a different church of her choice means she got someone there in her church she just can't affort not to see every sunday period. And the guy is fucking her hot down there. Women are terrible creatures,when they are alone going to different types of white Garment churches praying and fasting looking for husband,and when GOD answer them and give them someone, they start commanding and forget what they went through searching for this same guy she is now fighting with.?

Every man has the right to stop her wife from going to a particular church is he senses something about her wife going there.

@the topic: If this girls insist the guy should look around and pick some other girl,in that way she can go back to her searching in different white garment churches. grin grin grin grin grin grin
From the write up, dem Neva marry oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great Sign From Heaven At Pastor's Burial / The Difference Between Hell, Sheol, Paradise And The Grave. / Top 20 Richest Pastors In The World - Number 6 Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.