Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab (25820 Views)

Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City / Cristiano Ronaldo Criticized For Posting Private Jet Selfie After Emiliano Sala / "Dad, How Scared Am I": Emiliano Sala's Last Words As Plane Goes Down (Pics, Vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by mysportdab: 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
The search for missing footballer Emiliano Sala and his pilot David Ibbotson has been called off after rescuers failed to locate their plane.

28-year-old Sala and his pilot Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, were on the aircraft that disappeared from radaron Monday.

After three days of scouring the English Channel, authorities made the decision to abandon the search.

But Sala's sister Romina pleaded with rescuers to keep looking for him.

Guernsey Police tweeted at 15:15 GMT to say rescuers were "no longer actively searching" for the plane.

Harbourmaster Capt David Barker said the chances of survival were "extremely remote".

"There has been over 24 hours of continuous searching, with 80 hours combined flying time across three planes and five heleicopters.

"Two lifeboats have also been involved, as well as assistance from various passing ships and fishing boats.

"We reviewed all the information available to us, as well as knowing what emergency equipment was on board, and have taken the difficult decision to end the search.

"The chances of survival at this stage are extremely remote."

MySportDab report As the news was announced, Sala's sister Romina pleaded with the authorities to keep searching, saying: "I know in my heart Emiliano is still alive."

She said: "Please, please, please don't stop the search. We understand the effortbut please don't stop the search.

"For us, they are still alive. It is difficult to express our feelings at the moment because everything is really hard."

Guernsey Fresh Police Update: “The island of Burhou has been searched by foot.

“No trace of the aircraft or those on board has been found.”

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/01/emiliano-sala-search-for-striker-and.html

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Thosyn12(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
Which kind life be this? to succeed nar war again? A club record signing that ought to be adore is nowhere to be found.

So sad.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Adeoludt(m): 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
Eeya
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by cass1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
lord have mercy

5 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by donprinyo(m): 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
What a world.

2 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
RIP to the two of them ... water don chop them sad

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by psalmz(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
So sad
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Effico5real(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
I pray he his found.

11 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by ObserversTimes: 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
Our thoughts are with them and their families.

19 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by sukerefakere(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
Awo looo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by BenzEne1(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
Na wa.
Kullun nafs, zaikattul mast.

8 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by IjebuWarrior: 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
I was gonna make a joke but, this is indeed sad! cry May the good LORD accept their souls... undecided

R.I.P to them both!

3 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Davidddon(m): 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
Omo ehn this guy still dey miss... Make dem just come naija.. we get original otumopor wey go find am
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by aladetosin(m): 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
So sad
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Sultty(m): 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
Na wah o like play like play this guy man has gone missing

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Riverpedro: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
embarassed
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by IamHansomE: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
So unfortunate!

There's something behind this strange disappearance?

What if the rapture has taken place?

Or, he's a super hero and we don't know?

Or

He's somewhere else waiting for someone to come rescue him and the pilot?

Or he's in heaven!?

Or

He was kidnapped by APC for rituals ? embarassed

Or He'd gone to hide so as to resurface on April first? lipsrsealed

Or he's trying to see how the world loves him?

Or he's in Cardiff's stadium so as to make his return historic?

Or he's drinking garri in one of the bushes...

I don't want to believe he's dead cry

8 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by bigandbold: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
This is a bad news. R.I.P Sala

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Pavore9: 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
I can imagine the trauma his family is going through.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by SURElee(f): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
Chai! So sad. God I pray he is found and rescued by somebody. My God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Ogaga87(m): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
Rip

When the saying goes: we are nothing but pencils in the hand of our Creator

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Towersport(m): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
At least it's still better than some poverty stricken politician lying to you !
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by tfash96(m): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
Where could they have been?Is it that they've entered ground like Orunmila or they landed in hell(Devil can't release them easily like that)
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Flocky: 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
Oga, how can u say u have searched everywhere?

Have u searched Africa?

What if the Emiliano and Sala are somewhere in Africa.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by allanphash7(m): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
It's all over

2 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by skillz111(m): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
if oyinbo give up on your matter na miracle remain those people don't give up easily.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Triangles1(m): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
People doesn't know how painful it can be to lost some one until it happen to your close relative. God please guide them to safety if they're still alive as I believe.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Mopolchi: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
rip
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by mbaka0433: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
Buharrrri caused this ......
Re: Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab by Flexherbal(m): 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
I pray he is found alive!

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tiger Woods Jumps To Sixth In Rankings, Takes Home $2.07 Million (n745m) / Real Madrid Signs Ferland Mendy / Arsenal Sign Lisandro Trossard From Brighton After Murdryk Deal Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.