Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! (24049 Views)

How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings / 'I Need My Money’ – Amuneke Adopts New Strategy To Tackle Debtor Tanzania FA / Gambling Has Destroyed My Relationship With My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Austinboy: 11:46am On Jan 26, 2022
I purposely opened this thread so i can let out all I'm passing through and feeling because I've been having suicidal thoughts. Right now as i speak, i can't even use my own original sim as a result of constant threats from people i owe.

Let me start this way. I used to be a very upright person who detested gambling. Even back in school when my then room mate used to, i looked at him somehow. Fast forward to after NYSC, just by hearing a discussion of how someone made 300k with 100 naira. I decided to try. I started out with 100 and then when 1 game cuts it, i will say i have hope. 100 sooned turned to me staking 1000 then i went out of control from there.

I started gambling on dog racing and before i knew it, u did the one which eventually wrecked me. I started gambling on instant virtual first on bet9ja before i moved to sportybet.

Last year was the worst. I made millions of naira but all when down the drain on virtual bets. There have been days when i can finish 500k in just an hour on virtual.

Right now I'm indebted to so many apps. My name has been broadcasted severally and people who used to look uo to me are wondering what went wrong. I don't know if i can ever build my image again. I'm so ashamed of myself that i don't know if i should live again. The problem is anytime i have money, even after saying i won't go back. Once I'm credited, i go straight to it. It won't be an exaggeration to say i have lost over 15m within the last 5 to 6 years I've been into this shameful habbit. Please i need help, i need advice maybe from someone who has gone through this phase successfully because I'm at the verge of ending it all. I used to be so responsible and now my life is not worth emulating at all right now.

Mods please help me move this to front page as i need someone, just anyone to tell me how i can move forward from this mess.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Kriss216: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2022
The best way to manage Risk is to avoid it.

Risk avoidance is hard. Start first by avoiding Virtual bets. They are satanic. They're not programmed for you to win.

208 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Xscape1993(m): 11:51am On Jan 26, 2022
It is well with you dear.

9 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Austinboy: 11:53am On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:

Risk avoidance is hard. Start first by avoiding Virtual bets. They are satanic. They're not programmed for you to win.
thank you for your comment. I agree with you that i need to avoid it but anytime i make up my mind to do this, when money enters my account like this, i totally forget about it and return back to it. I think I'm an addict. Might need help.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Hezzyluv: 11:54am On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:

It can easily be manipulated because, they control it in there office.

Stay away from virtual....

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Hezzyluv: 11:57am On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
thank you for your comment. I agree with you that i need to avoid it but anytime i make up my mind to do this, when money enters my account like this, i totally forget about it and return back to it. I think I'm an addict. Might need help.

Na bad addiction you find yourself so. Just try and conquer it with another addiction.
I bet too, but the last time I stake was about 3weekz ago. They chop my 10k, and I have to go for break.. cheesy

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Kriss216: 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
No one can help you.

Only you can help yourself. Contentment should always be your watchword. The money in Betshops is not yours. Your money is the ones in your account and the Bet shops cannot come to your account and pull your money.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Austinboy: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Na bad addiction you find yourself so. Just try and conquer it with another addiction.
I bet too, but the last time I stake was about 3weekz ago. They chop my 10k, and I have to go for break.. cheesy
is there a good addiction to replace it with that dosen't involve me wasting money ? Right now I'm a mess. I'm 5 years behind in every aspect of life as a result of wasted resources.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by ShenTeh(m): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
I may not be earnestly qualified to advise you. But I know that suicide is selfishness and a crime against your family, yourself, government and your Chi.

What I often advise is that you can change location. Go and settle in another state and start your life afresh.

My earnest advice is to people who are not gambling yet or are not yet addicted to that vice. Don't think you are immune to the venom of this life shattering vice. Read the op's story and learn.

Don't start it. That's the key. Don't deceive yourself with ' I know what I am doing', 'My self control game is tight', etc Las Las, we are all flesh and blood.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Austinboy: 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:

No one can help you.

Only you can help yourself. Contentment should always be your watchword. The money in Betshops is not yours. Your money is the ones in your account and the Bet shops cannot come to your account and pull your money.
that's the problem. I don't visit shops. My phone is where the damage happens. I should add that I've sold numerous stuffs due to this. Sold my ps 4 twice, severally expensive phones gone , my mum has sold her golds because of this. So you know how bad this has gone. Right now I've also dragged her down as a result. I don't think i deserve to live again for real. Right now i can't step out because of fear of debtors and my tarnished image.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Kriss216: 12:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
that's the problem. I don't visit shops. My phone is where the damage happens. I should add that I've sold numerous stuffs due to this. Sold my ps 4 twice, severally expensive phones gone , my mum has sold her golds because of this. So you know how bad this has gone. Right now I've also dragged her down as a result. I don't think i deserve to live again for real. Right now i can't step out because of fear of debtors and my tarnished image.
Deactivate your bet accounts and Activate your brain.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by heniford2: 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2022
Gambling is bad i had one of my staff here who do gamble, he is bad at it his a white dushi and has lost alot of money i nearly sacked him last year but his good in his job that why his not yet sacked.

gambling is good and bad and can make one become toxic, glad you asked for help delete every gambling App u have in ur phone, avoid gambling house, change your friends most of the people you have as friends may be serious gambles you can't run from it the keep discussing how the could have won this or that with just a penny knowing ur not smarter than those who has the gambling Pits, lastly get a job that makes you busy all day long and invest ur money like start a farm business like piggery which requires you to be dropping all this small penny you get on feeding.

20 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Austinboy: 12:20pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:

Deactivate your bet accounts and Activate your brain.
ok thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Austinboy: 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
heniford2:
Gambling is bad i had one of my staff here who do gamble, he is bad at it his a white dushi and has lost alot of money i nearly sacked him last year but his good in his job that why his not yet sacked.

gambling is good and bad and can make one become toxic, glad you asked for help delete every gambling App u have in ur phone, avoid gambling house, change your friends most of the people you have as friends may be serious gambles you can't run from it the keep discussing how the could have won this or that with just a penny knowing ur not smarter than those who has the gambling Pits, lastly get a job that makes you busy all day long and invest ur money like start a farm business like piggery which requires you to be dropping all this small penny you get on feeding.
i really appreciate your advice. As we are speaking. I've sent a mail to both sportybet and bet9ja to deactivate my accounts. I hope that can be a step in the right direction

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by heniford2: 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
Austinboy:
i really appreciate your advice. As we are speaking. I've sent a mail to both sportybet and bet9ja to deactivate my accounts. I hope that can be a step in the right direction
the may not deactivate the account since it was you that opened it just delete your account and fellow those steps i told you the reason you go to bet house is because ur greedy and usually want quick money so either you change it with another pattern of lifestyle or you will still be going back to it.

8 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by paulolee(m): 12:45pm On Jan 26, 2022
just too bad...try n avoid it bro
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by FhucLyf: 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2022
Man,.
This gambling addiction of a thing ehn.
Just like someone said above, contentment, be contented with whatever you have, from your story, it seems like you're a guy making decent money to yourself,
I know all these things no go really click with you cos addiction is devilish, the way it controls your thinking and your life, only those that can relate can really understand.

What I think might help is finding a new purpose,

17 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Righteousness2(m): 1:06pm On Jan 26, 2022
We have said it here severally that Gambling is a Spirit.

The Moment it takes complete hold of you, it wrecks you Spiritually, Physically, Mentally, Financially and otherwise.
It also comes with other wicked Spirits like suicide and Depression.

What you need now is not Grammar! Spirits do not hear or Fear Grammar! What they Fear is Power! You need Deliverance from Above. The Spirit of Gambling needs to Leave before any meaningful thing can be done. Only GOD can do it.

See my WhatsApp Contact and give me a call, let's have a word of Prayer.

If you are in Lagos, Quickly find your way to the Lord's Chosen Headquaters at Ijesha tomorrow morning being Thursday. Service starts there by 8am

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by princeemmma(m): 2:10pm On Jan 26, 2022
Gambling is a spirit itself, you need deliverance, its not the matter of advice, gambling is in your blood, gambling loves you, and you love it back............ so for you to stop loving gambling, someone need to deliver you with mighty hands.

I have a friend and his brother, they both was addicted to this gambling to the extent that they can use their life earning to gamble...... the brothers live together, they had a share of their fathers property, do you believe they sold the properties and went to bet9ja office, they asked for a complete account, and they started firing virtual with all the money....... they lost all the money without remaining a penny..............

If you are not careful, you might use your life to gamble, you need 24days fasting and prayer and serious deliverance

8 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by YellowMayor(m): 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Legalcriminal: 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
You will keep losing if you thinking 100 will get you high amount of money when your games are much.

That’s greed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Abalado(f): 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
U go still sell ur Papa house for gamble, sebi Ori e ofele ni,waato gbon

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by RaisedByWolves: 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
grin

All this cry for attention or help will be of no benefit to you.

You know what to do to help yourself, what you need is courage to do what you must do.. that's what you to pray for..

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by DropsMic(m): 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
Sorry bro
Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by slawormiir: 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Bros op is not a real niggar

Gambling is good....but you must gamble with sense

Don't quit....quitters don't win and winners don't quit

For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

A big shout out to my fellow Gamblers, risk takers, punters, high rollers and stakers

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by GeneralPula: 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Sonnobax15(m): 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
grin
Mennnnnnnn,na wa oh.....The same gamble wey we dey play once once with our small change nai turn some people to serial debtors undecided.

Op,just be like my younger brother....Up till this very minute,my brother still dey believe say na witches and wizards dey worry am via say na bet9ja dey collect all him money.....But I keep telling him NO,say na the habit wey you fail to let go,na that the same habit dey haunt you so..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by Crusadee: 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
You need to stop pls, just stop and stop. Do whatever it takes to make you stop. I have a police officer friend who is a CSP one eagle one star, he's also an Architect supposed to be handling high profile jobs apart from his job as a police officer but if you see what all this naija bet and virtual gambling has turn him in to you will pity him. Always begging for money up and down like a tout, he lives in a one room apartment with his family in a rugged part of Lagos. While his mates are living large, all because of gambling pls stop it and build your life.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gambling Has Turned Me Into A Serial Debtor!!! by SultanOfPuna: 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The VAR Controversy And Why Nigeria Needs To Be Careful Against Argentina / African Player Of The Year: "Nigerians Didn't Vote For Me" - Vincent Enyeama / Everton Sign James Rodriguez From Real Madrid For £20 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.