Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! (2523 Views)

How Do You Put Atiku, Buhari And Tinubu In One Political Pot? – Lamido / Ibb, Atiku, Buhari Sponsoring Boko-haram? / President Jonathan, IBB & Atiku Begs Obasanjo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by Beaf: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2010
If a single Nigerian party can develop a forward looking ideology that will see the country developing, then they can rule forver. I wouldn't care.
Most Rwandans would hate to see Kagame gone and most Chinese would hate to see their state structure dissolved into something amoebic.
Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by Beaf: 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2010
. . .
Nonetheless , it is the PDP Party , despite it's huge representation in the Nigerian leadership stratosphere , that has produced the worst performing leaders in Nigeria everywhere !!!!!
. . .

[size=14pt]Gbawe! Again, I ask; what about your AC leader, the convict Tinubu and his drug money? [/size]
AC and PDP are all the same type of animal, there is no need pretending that one is holier than the other. That tactic just falls flat on its face, it is impotent, weak, stranded and confused. cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/139268_BolaTinubuHeroinforfeiture_jpgb084d334c74cec7150ee9588a3aed2fc
Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by paddylo1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2010
YIKES!!! I can't believe anybody would want Nigeria to become a one party state while comfortably hoping that the party would be able to "reform" itself. We need a government that would actually be forced to address the people and their needs by subjecting themselves to the polls with credible opposition in order to enhance the democratic process and make the people heard. I can see a possibly unecessary arguement coming

where is that so-called credible opposition today?. . is it the clueless ANPP the clannish APGA,or the rogue AC led by tinubu(ex fashola who is just a model human being who happens to be in AC)

my reasoning is simple. . Nigeria is too diverse to be having all these regional parties

i only said the PDP as a matter of principle should try and co-opt the best from other parties into it. . .

whats the difference btw political parties in Nigeria anyway?. .

theres no ideological difference.  . .

If fashola is in the PDP and doing well. . it bodes well for the PDP and Nigeria
there will be no need to rig elections,as the person performing will surely be re-elected

thats just my point
Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by SkyBlue1: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2010
paddy_lo:

where is that so-called credible opposition today?. . is it the clueless ANPP the clannish APGA,or the rogue AC led by tinubu(ex fashola who is just a model human being who happens to be in AC)

my reasoning is simple. . Nigeria is too diverse to be having all these regional parties

i only said the PDP as a matter of principle should try and co-opt the best from other parties into it. . .

whats the difference btw political parties in Nigeria anyway?. .

theres no ideological difference.  . .

If fashola is in the PDP and doing well. . it bodes well for the PDP and Nigeria
there will be no need to rig elections,as the person performing will surely be re-elected

thats just my point

Sorry but I think the fact that there doesn't seem any credible and powerful opposition at the moment is not justification for resigning ourselves to a single party federation; I think it is a pretty weak and lame arguement to be honest. Once again we are comfortable with choosing the lesser of two evils instead of advocating a way to actually get a better situation.
Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by paddylo1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
Sorry but I think the fact that there doesn't seem any credible and powerful opposition at the moment is not justification for resigning ourselves to a single party federation; I think it is a pretty weak and lame arguement to be honest. Once again we are comfortable with choosing the lesser of two evils instead of advocating a way to actually get a better situation.

Actually if u get my drift i am not suggesting a one party state

cause for the PDP to keep drafting the best from other parties means those parties must exist also

I am kinda proposing to the PDP a way to reform itself

No matter how u look at it AC,ANPP or APGA will never win nationwide elections in Nigeria

so the dominant party has to be reformed from within and without. . .

tell me that u wont vote for ribadu in 2015 if PDP drafts him?

thats what am talking about
Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by SkyBlue1: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2010
paddy_lo:

Actually if u get my drift i am not suggesting a one party state

cause for the PDP to keep drafting the best from other parties means those parties must exist also

I am kinda proposing to the PDP a way to reform itself

No matter how u look at it AC,ANPP or APGA will never win nationwide elections in Nigeria

so the dominant party has to be reformed from within and without. . .

tell me that u wont vote for ribadu in 2015 if PDP drafts him?

thats what am talking about

Don't try to assume what I would or wouldn't do. If Ribadu was drafted by the AC or the ANPP, or the AGPA or whatever party, and I felt he was the right candidate then I would vote for him. PDP is not the only party in Nigeria and given its very poor record and apparent disdain for the people, I think the people should do more to encourage credible opposition.
Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
is it the same pdp of massive election rigging , do or die politics, that posters are now defending because johnny must be president

na wa o undecided

i guess if babangida suddenly says he is 100% behind johnathan - his detractors who have been opening numerous threads will suddenly start calling him a national hero
Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2010
oyb:

na wa o undecided

i guess if babangida suddenly says he is 100% behind johnathan - his detractors who have been opening numerous threads will suddenly start calling him a national hero

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by Gbawe: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2010
oyb:

that says it all. all these praise singers/johnathan is the messiah brigade were silent when people were demonstrating during yaradua's long absense.

now all of a sudden, they are spamming nairaland with dubious johnathan is the best hope for nigeria and all that jazz, never mind that johnathan was part of yardua's administration

My brother , Beaf has even accused me of hating Ijaw people when , along with Kayode Ogundamisi, I was one of those , in the freezing cold , that turned out in London for the protest against those preventing Jonathan from being installed as acting President !!! "Local champions" like Beaf will never understand that , regardless of region of origin , some Nigerians exist who will support what/who is right for Nigeria above ethnic sentiments.

I am from the SW region. I know all the PDP SW Governors are atrocious (s)elected leaders Yoruba folks never voted for . Why on earth  would I , as a responsible Nigerian , support any of them to be President just because they are Yoruba like me when I am fully aware of their mediocre , corrupt and compromised political history that makes me understand that it is all Nigerians , from every corner of Nigeria, who will be suffering under them ?

Jonathan is a badly compromised individual who , because of his natural limitations , cannot lead Nigeria effectively . Some folks would see this if they are not totally blinded by the need to support their region of origin ahead of the Nigerian Nation.

people who have criticised pdp are now willing to overlook it's faults, since they recognize it is the only vehicle which can carry their son to the presidency

Indeed.
Re: Suddenly Goodluck Jonathan Is A Devil And Ibb/atiku/buhari Are Now Saints! by Boboribo: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
I am not too sure, but I think the momentum is sleeping away from Johnathan (not too sure the momentum was ever with him). Why has he not still declared? At the last count 3 (SERIOUS)people have declared their interest to contect for the presidency next year and they are all NORTHERNERS. Southerners just want the pie to fall from above

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anthony Eromosele Enahoro: 1923 – 2010 By Tolu Ogunlesi / News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri / What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.