Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off (1687 Views)

Reasons The Airbag Light Will Come On Or Flash / How To Correct Airbag Light Code B1615 And B1811 / Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off by Nicholas4(m): 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2019
Good evening to you all. My car (2004 corolla) was involved in an accident and the steering airbag and passenger airbag deployed. I fixed the car last year and recently decided to replace the airbags. I replaced both airbags, crash sensors and seat belt pretensioners. The car was scanned and no error was found but the the check airbag light has refused to go off. Please what else can be done. Your suggestions will really be appreciated. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:26am On Jan 25, 2019
Nicholas4:
Good evening to you all. My car (2004 corolla) was involved in an accident and the steering airbag and passenger airbag deployed. I fixed the car last year and recently decided to replace the airbags. I replaced both airbags, crash sensors and seat belt pretensioners. The car was scanned and no error was found but the the check airbag light has refused to go off. Please what else can be done. Your suggestions will really be appreciated. Thank you

not every scanner can reset the airbag light

cheap scanner dont reset airbags/abs or service light

some cars you can reset the airbag light without taking the module out and sent it for resetting

1 Like

Re: Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off by SpaceAngel: 7:18am On Jan 25, 2019
try this airbag reset procedure and see if works else use scanners that can reset airbag light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxzzhd36O8k
Re: Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off by MotorGuru: 8:22am On Jan 25, 2019
Nicholas4:

Your airbags deployed. This means that crash data has been registered in your airbag ECU/module.
Using scanners will not solve the problem as airbag crash data cannot be wiped by simply clearing the codes.
You will have to replace the airbag module by buying a matching one and coding it to your car.
Re: Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off by Nicholas4(m): 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
Thank you all for your suggestions
Re: Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off by Nicholas4(m): 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
Good evening house. I'm about ordering another SRS ECU. Must the part number of the new one be identical with that of the old. The faulty one is 89170-02L00 while the one I'm buying is 89170-02190. Both 2004 corolla . Please will it work
Re: Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off by Nicholas4(m): 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
MotorGuru:

Your airbags deployed. This means that crash data has been registered in your airbag ECU/module.
Using scanners will not solve the problem as airbag crash data cannot be wiped by simply clearing the codes.
You will have to replace the airbag module by buying a matching one and coding it to your car.
Good evening. I'm about ordering another SRS ECU. Must the part number of the new one be identical with that of the old. The faulty one is 89170-02L00 while the one I'm buying is 89170-02190. Both 2004 corolla . Please will it work

1 Like

Re: Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off by davessales039(m): 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nicholas4:

Good evening. I'm about ordering another SRS ECU. Must the part number of the new one be identical with that of the old. The faulty one is 89170-02L00 while the one I'm buying is 89170-02190. Both 2004 corolla . Please will it work

Hello,
Were you successful in getting this fixed?

Kindly reach me if you are still in need of SRS system repairs.
See my thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7005508/airbag-light-reset-srs-module

(1) (Reply)

Inspired Man,ayodeji,igwe,babeisme,carshopper, This Is For You! / Which Is D Rugged/best To Maintain 4 A 20yr Old Guy / Which Is The Best Car For An Inexperienced First-timer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.