Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders (764 Views)

Bad Roads: You’ve Not Been Fair To Ogun - Dapo Abiodun Tells FG / I Have Been Fair In My Appointments- President Buhari Tells Igbo Leaders (PICS) / Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari says he tried to be fair with appointments which he said was done based on merit.

President Buhari said this at the palace of Nnaemeka Achebe, obi of Onitsha, in Anambra state where he had gone to campaign for reelection.

Traditional rulers at the palace had alleged that the south-east states were being marginalised but the president said about five members of the federal executive cabinet are from the region.

“I think I tried to be fair. And you can ask these ministers. I never asked them how are they running their parastatals, the boards.

I appointed them and I trust them. I allow them work,” he said.

“I don’t have to tell you what noise the other states are making especially when compared to the votes I got in 2015. So, I think I try to be fair.” “I think I tried to be fair. And you can ask these ministers.

I never asked them how are they running their parastatals, the boards. I appointed them and I trust them. I allow them work.”

He said the same complaints from the South East have been coming from other parts of Nigeria but that they do not reflect the truth.

“I don’t have to tell you what noise the other states are making especially when compared to the votes I got in 2015. So, I think I try to be fair.

“Those of you who were in the military even in the Biafran Army, know that the entry point is the same and you go for basic training, until you go to your formations or institutions whether it is army, navy, air force or the police.

The most competent or senior person is the one that gets there.” On appointment of service chiefs, Buhari said; “If there are half a million soldiers, only one man can be the chief of Army staff at a time.

This is so for the rest of the troop. “In recruitment, we make sure that by states, people are recruited. At least, this is what I do, people are recruited from each state. For those who manage to get recruited, it’s up to them to get to the top if they are professional and work for it.

“The present chief of army staff, the chief of air staff, the chief of naval staff even the previous inspector-general of police that just left, I didn’t know them personally before I appointed them. I follow records.

“The same thing with the IG, that one was appointed last week. I don’t think I have ever seen him, I follow records.

So, appointments in the Armed Forces and other law enforcement agencies depends on individual performance after recruitment not where you think you come.

At least between me and God, this is what I do.” Urging the traditional rulers in Anambra state to support the government in improving the security situation of the country, the president also highlighted what his government had done for the state.

https:///post/www.basseyportal.com/6153

1 Like

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by Abfinest007(m): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
breaking news
wife devorce husband for insisting to vote in buhari again

2 Likes

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by Christty(f): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
You cannot satisfy everybody equally. Just try your best and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by Racoon(m): 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2019
“I think I tried to be fair. And you can ask these ministers. I never asked them how are they running their parastatals, the boards.I appointed them and I trust them. I allow them work,” he said.

“I don’t have to tell you what noise the other states are making especially when compared to the votes I got in 2015. So, I think I try to be fair.” “I think I tried to be fair. And you can ask these ministers.

I never asked them how are they running their parastatals, the boards. I appointed them and I trust them. I allow them work.”

This have confirmed again & again that Buhari is never in charge of his government.So because he have trust in his below board "noisemaker" minister, it means he should never demand probity & accountability?

Meanwhile, Buhari simply allowed many of them to do what they like because they are of the same hausa- fulani ethnic stock like himself while the highly persecuted one are others from the non-northern geographical divide e.g Kemi Adeosun,Adebayo Shittu, CJN etc.

No wonder the presidency cabal determine who does & gets what, sign documents for him while same time making the "Buhari is not aware" excuses for him.

Imagine Mr.President still talking about his infamous "97% and 5%" regional block vote rubbish Can he be a statesman for once? Nigeria is in real trouble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by hargbolahan01: 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2019
FTC

is the procedure that allowed you appoint junior officer as police IG and force retired others

how can a 75 yrs old man be lying like this because of power?

2 Likes

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by handie(m): 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2019
Wo, Buhari just shut up!!!. I'm a Buhari supporter but his appointments makes me scratch my head most times. How on earth can you appoint the heads of almost all security agencies from one part of the country in a multi ethnic nation like Nigeria and you say you've been fair? Sorry Baba Oni Maalu but in this, you lie..... You haven't been fair sir

2 Likes

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by Binikingdowm: 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2019
Is this terrorist still in Igboland? I can't believe this.

Bia, make una burn he helicopter

2 Likes

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Is this terrorist still in Igboland? I can't believe this.

Bia, make una burn he helicopter
Prepare to have plenty of sleepless night febuhari

1 Like

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by ebuk4real(m): 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
grin grin

I know the Easterners will be like 'let this APC be fooling themselves thinking they are fooling us'

1 Like

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by Abortions: 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
handie:
Wo, Buhari just shut up!!!. I'm a Buhari supporter but his appointments makes me scratch my head most times. How on earth can you appoint the heads of almost all security agencies from one part of the country in a multi ethnic nation like Nigeria and you say you've been fair? Sorry Baba Oni Maalu but in this, you lie..... You haven't been fair sir
He's not being fair yet you are his supporter. Msheeeeeeew goan work on ur brain

2 Likes

Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by MONITZ: 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
Fair gbuo gi dia.
Re: I Have been Fair to Igbo- Buhari To Igbo Leaders by MrAJQ(m): 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
The sincere president, may God continue to protect you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Only Biafra Can Save Justice Onnoghen / Breaking: Ihedioha Humiliates Uche Nwosu In Online Poll / OMG! See The Moment Stage Collapsed During Pdp’s Campaign Rally In Kebbi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.