Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone (11547 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / Top 10 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Offpoint: 8:01am On Jan 25, 2019
I have never used any android phone without rooting, the day i pay is the day I root... I hate restrictions
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 25, 2019
Trash!
Warranty doesnt work in nigeria.

Rooting your phone is the best decision you can take.

Eliminates BLOATWARE.

Improves battery charging

allows youto install useful apps.

Frees us from the shackles of useless preinstalled apps.

makes phone customization a reality.
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Vht67788554: 8:13am On Jan 25, 2019
See prove below

Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by thaotech: 8:41am On Jan 25, 2019
HeWrites:

How much you buy the Redmi Note 5... Do you have an idea of how much they are selling the pro?

cc: protein0
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:09am On Jan 25, 2019
Tenison96:
OP you are very wrong about some issues. Apart from the first and only point i.e Warranty, rooting your device is quite an easy task, it's gotten so simple a noob could do it under 2 minutes.
Secondly, you said updates? A rooted device can get the best ROMs and kernels to fix those bugs with the official firmware.
Your phone lags? Gets hot? Battery drain issue? Or you just want an Avengers boot image? All you have to do is visit XDA today!
Dem sabi anytin?
I buy new phone 2day? If I no root ham dat day, install custom recovery, make I knw wetin coz ham.
In a nutshell, i cant use an android phone except it has been rooted
Presently enjoying android 9.0 (pie) on my old HTC one m8(whereas, d phone manufacturer stop updates on 6.0)
The only disadvantage I see here is warranty, which i term as fraud(my friend once got a Tecno phone, got screen cracked and she was told to pay for for the repair)

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Yohh: 9:21am On Jan 25, 2019
HeWrites:

How much you buy the Redmi Note 5... Do you have an idea of how much they are selling the pro?
Note 5 presently about $145 shipping fee inclusive
Don't know about d pro
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Reeberry: 9:30am On Jan 25, 2019
dicksonadams:
Abi
Why would someone root is kind of phone? What else are you looking for to had rooted it?
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by bhella10: 9:39am On Jan 25, 2019
Jbcmotive:
I believe you have a phone with internet connection in your palms. grin

Do you wish to help or not? if not buzz off
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Meklex(m): 9:40am On Jan 25, 2019
My redmi note 5 is rooted and tweaked to my satisfaction
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by united442(m): 9:50am On Jan 25, 2019
rooting isnt for amateur but for technicians. i cant use a phone that is not rooted.. i root all my phones 1hour after purchase.. a phone that is not rooted is like a phone with network. if u know u knowgrin
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by 2nqey: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2019
It is now harder to root phones now unlike before when you can use King root, frama root and some other rooting apps to root phones, though those apps are mostly used on MediaTek phones based on my test.

Now to root your phone, you have to have an unlocked boot loader, enter some fastboot commands via ADB before you'd be able to gain root access.

If you have an unlocked boot loader, just know you'd always be welcomed with a warning sign or image anytime you boot up your phone which is always annoying. But you can also hide that thanks to having an unlocked boot loader. undecided

Rooting is definitely a choice and there are a lot of goodies to enjoy as a techie on a rooted mobile.

But also Android phones right now are getting well updated and optimized, its just a matter of time there'd be a lot of customization options that'd be available for android phones in years to come, that's to stock android phones. Phones like Xiaomi, Huawei, Sony and Samsung phones already have some customization options by default which limits reasons for rooting phones.

Rooting phone all comes to how techie one is Shaa.

(Don't mind my English)
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Xpress24(m): 10:17am On Jan 25, 2019
smiley Ever since i start to dy use rooted fone 7yrs ago(htc desire z)rooting don become my culture.i no fit use fone without rooting it because i love to exploit fones.i don root,brick,unbrick htc and sony fones by myself i neva see reason y i no go root my fone,infact it saves cost of buying another fone,for example d sony xperia z1 wey me dy use now was manufactured 4 yrs ago but wit custom roms i still enjoy d latest android version.

Rooting ur fones and flashing custom rom is unlocking its potentials that OEM wont tell you about because they want you to buy their latest fones.
IF WE NO ROOT OUR FONES WETIN WE GAIN?
CUSTOM OVER STOCK ROM ANYDAY ANYTIME..
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Witnes: 11:00am On Jan 25, 2019
bhella10:
In lay terms someone should kindly explain what rooting is. I am from the old school generation. Thanks.
Just like move out of the company use facilities to your own use
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Collinz2(m): 11:34am On Jan 25, 2019
OP just posed trash. Rooting is bae, I can't use any android phone that is not rooted.
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Wizkhalifa2(m): 11:43am On Jan 25, 2019
donbenie:
Rooting your device is not an easy task,because you have gotten adept at doing it doesn't make it any easier,more than NINETY PERCENT of devices owners will brick their phones if they try it..

Android has gotten quite efficient in recent years and you don't need to root and install anything before you enjoy it,I've never rooted any of my devices and am very satisfied with their performances..
I disagree, rooting is quite easy, unless the person doesn't have sense grin

Thr re even step by step tutorials on YouTube /xda..

I rooted my previous samsung devices at my first try. Some phones even have one push root (root at the tap of a button)
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by donbenie(m): 12:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
Wizkhalifa2:

I rooted my previous samsung devices at my first try. Some phones even have one push root (root at the tap of a button)
Yeah,it is very easy UNTIL you brick your phone and will be running from pillar to post seeking on how to unbrick it..(one dude on Xiaomi thread has been sweating since yesterday on how to unbrick his device).

I maintain that ninety percent of phone users don't know what root is talk less of how to go about it and there's nothing having sense or not has to do with it,they just have other things to do with their time..

I use my phones as they are,just like most people..because am satisfied with it's features and have no hankering to tinker with it..

To each their own though..
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by litaninja(m): 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2019
non-power user spotted.
Root, Custom Recovery, Custom ROM, Magisk, Xposed.
At that point you no longer have a phone, what you have is ZERO limits....Thank me later.
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by mkpurumma090(f): 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
What do you mean by rooting??

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by kvngjesse(m): 4:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
If you don't know what you need root for you shouldnt bother thinking about rooting.
Most people just want to feel among and spoil their devices
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by ken6488(m): 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2019
litaninja:
non-power user spotted.
Root, Custom Recovery, Custom ROM, Magisk, Xposed.
At that point you no longer have a phone, what you have is ZERO limits....Thank me later.
exposed installer give total power over your device
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Protein0: 5:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
thaotech:

cc: protein0
thanks for the mention boss kiss

Call, sms or WhatsApp 07063579846 kiss
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by gift001: 6:24am On Jan 26, 2019
hi
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by 9jayes: 6:54am On Jan 26, 2019
otiwisdom:
Nice one broh
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Bigsteveg(m): 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
Wizkhalifa2:

I bought a Samsung S20 Ultra UK used recently, and i discovered it has being rooted. How do I unroot pls?
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Wizkhalifa2(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bigsteveg:

I bought a Samsung S20 Ultra UK used recently, and i discovered it has being rooted. How do I unroot pls?
and roid catch. com /unroot -Samsung - galaxy - s20-ultra/

Remove all spaces, visit the page, unrooting shouldn't be difficult if you can figure out what method was used to root. Goodluck
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Bigsteveg(m): 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
Wizkhalifa2:
and roid catch. com /unroot -Samsung - galaxy - s20-ultra/

Remove all spaces, visit the page, unrooting shouldn't be difficult if you can figure out what method was used to root. Goodluck

Thank you, I don't know which app was used to root the phone as i bought it UK used.
Below is what i copied from what you sent to me

'If you have rooted your device using any methods above, you will see a root manager app. It is recommended to Unroot only using the Rooting method you used. Check the image above and look for the same icon in your app drawer.'

Please, how do i get to the root manager app to detect the rooting app used for my phone
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by lafayette(m): 5:13am On Dec 22, 2022
Infinix Zero Ultra 180W 200MP Review - Watch Before you Buy!
������

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEKiDUZvkis
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Wizkhalifa2(m): 11:49pm On Dec 23, 2022
Bigsteveg:

Thank you, I don't know which app was used to root the phone as i bought it UK used.

'If you have rooted your device using any methods above, you will see a root manager app. It is recommended to Unroot only using the Rooting method you used. Check the image above and look for the same icon in your app drawer.'

Please, how do i get to the root manager app to detect the rooting app used for my phone
do you have an app called magisk on your device?
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Bigsteveg(m): 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2022
Wizkhalifa2:
do you have an app called magisk on your device?
No
Re: Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone by Collinz2(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Bigsteveg:

Just revert back to stock ROM with Odin bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

NCC Seals Nokia Office In Lekki, Lagos For Operating Without License / Step By Step Instructions On How To Get "siri" Working On Iphone 4 (jailbroken) / The Official Jiayu S3 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.