Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

UNVEILED: Why I Want To Represent Ikwuano/umuahia - Nzechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNVEILED: Why I Want To Represent Ikwuano/umuahia - Nzechi (276 Views)

I’ve Achieved More For Umuahia/ikwuano With My Personal Funds... - Nzechi / Charles Nzechi Spotted Serving Constituents Water From A Tanker (photos) / "We Need Better Managers For Development Of Society" - Amb. Nzechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UNVEILED: Why I Want To Represent Ikwuano/umuahia - Nzechi by Metrixnews: 7:18am On Jan 25, 2019
The Labour Party House of Representatives candidate for Ikwuano/Umuahia Federal Constituency, Amb. Charles Nzechi has said he is in the race to represent his people at the green chamber of the National Assembly because he is concerned about providing his people with the basic needs of life.

Featuring on ABN TV’s interactive programme, TALK MAKE I TALK, Amb. Nzechi said he has advanced the course of humanity as a private individual, insisting that if given a larger platform, he will do more. “I have given houses to people,I have given scholarships to people, I have given business money to people, I have sent people abroad, I have paid hospital bills, I have graded roads,they are innumerable and these are things I have done and they are basic needs to the people".

He described himself as a grassroot politician from his community. He blamed the representatives of people for dwindling standard of living among Nigerians, saying enough efforts have not been made to carter for their needs.

He however said he has never ran for any political office before and he intend to do more. And when asked if he thinks experience is not need to occupy such position, he said " experiences comes from various endevours. I’m a business person and my business which I have done for nearly two decades has taken me closed to about fifty countries and a hundred and fourty five cities in the world and I don't think anybody vying for this position has the level of experience I have gained all over the world, so I think I am better than any of them and I know exactly what the yearnings of the people are and I am going to give it back to them"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouLAOfqNLsA

Nzechi said if he is voted for, he is going to deliver in as much he was able to assist people with his own money, therefore he can ensure that he will work with their own money.He also added that the people of Ikwano/Umuahia federal constituency are even ignorant of how much they get from the federal government." How is it spent we don't know,how is it managed we don't know and let me tell you if there is no accountability in resources and management of it, you won't expect development because you don't even know where the money is going to" . he added. He however said if voted in, he is going to be accountable.

He said he wants to emulate what Micheal Okpara and Sam Mbakwe did. "they did one thing in common. They went to the federal republic of Nigeria, got the ones that belongs to us and came back and built companies"

He affirmed his trust in the new team in the Independent National Electoral commission (INEC) and he is sure that votes will count in the forth coming general election

"When it was one party system,it was easy for one party to control everything,now the strength has been divided so we can't have anybody around us who will say this party is the king now, there are no kings anymore"

Nzechi kicked against vote buying and pleaded with his people not to sell their votes and also pleaded with the youth not to be allowed to be used as a tout because those using them as taut can never use their children as tout.

In his final words, he pleaded with his people to vote for him and vote labour party because he is vying for the development and wellbeing of the people and for society sake.

Source: https://www.abnews247.com/2019/01/unveiled-why-i-want-to-represent-ikwuano-umuahia-nzechi/

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!! Buhari Appoints New CJN / CJN: What The Law Say About Suspension And Removal / The Redeem Church And Nigerian Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.