Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,743 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire (42817 Views)

Meet The Nigerian Female Billionaire Into Shipping / The Rise And Fall Of Online Retail In Nigeria / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by don4real18(m): 2:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
The female version of Atiku
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by FisifunKododada: 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
miracood:
THATS WHY I TRUST NIGERIANS

THEY WILL NEVER GIVE U MONEY WITHOUT GIVING THEM PROOF OF WHAT THEY ARE PAYING FOR...

You mean like MMM tongue
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by delishpot: 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2019
cherriex:

You sure know what you are saying, I saw only a few enlightened one's on this thread, a lot are educated but have minimal knowledge on how the world runs, from economy, inventions, inventors, rise and falls, politics and all, some have no idea, how moguls, cabals and even the FBI/CIA works, too many complicated conspiracies.if they plot your downfall,be it an individual, country and sect, consider yourself down, maybe she refused to play by the rules.

Thats how they roll. You know as e dey be.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Brightdude007: 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
Big thieves don't carry gun, pen and files is their weapon of mass destruction
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Martinez19(m): 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
Kinjikitile:

I don't get it .. she had all the money ,, she could have researched more to get the machine
Money is the only thing needed to get a technology ...
Because there is money doesn't mean that an invention would occur. Despite the tons of cash given to the research of HIV, why is there no cure for AIDS?
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by arbass(m): 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
killercute16:
The biggest thieves wear suit and carry no weapons
Well said!
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Martinez19(m): 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
TechCapon:
many startups that fail are not sham startups. Technology is a thing of trial and error and many new technologies fail even from established companies
Let's assume that when she started, she had good intentions and thought she had everything figured out. On knowing that things didn't work out as planned, she should have opened up. Opening up was going to be hard given that she was going to lose her great tempting wealth and she couldn't stand the fact that her dropping out of school and dreams of being like Steve Jobs were all for nothing. Gosh! I wouldn't want to be her right now.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Tallest45(m): 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
Waiting for the Hollywood movie of her
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2019
I almost cannot believe this. I swear this was my idea. I have it documented and kept very safe. I named it PROJECT DOCTOROID. I cant expose any more but am shocked to see this. This is wow. I'm speechless.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by yemking: 8:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
she really really tried
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Kinjikitile(m): 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
Martinez19:
Because there is money doesn't mean that an invention would occur. Despite the tons of cash given to the research of HIV, why is there no cure for AIDS?
You won .. you are right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Martinez19(m): 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lamb101:
I almost cannot believe this. I swear this was my idea. I have it documented and kept very safe. I named it PROJECT DOCTOROID. I cant expose any more but am shocked to see this. This is wow. I'm speechless.
Can I invest in your business?
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
Martinez19:
Can I invest in your business?
I will be delighted sir.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Martinez19(m): 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lamb101:

I will be delighted sir.
grin

Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
Martinez19:
grin
You may joke about it but it will soon be sponsored. The government have shown interest but Im not comfortable yet. Keep it up.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by Konquest: 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
TechCapon:
TechCapon

She crashed from a net worth of $4.5 billion to $0. The sad story of Elizabeth Holmes, female tech billionaire who went from grace to grass. Now she faces 20 years in prison.

The name Elizabeth Holmes might not really ring a bell especially to those outside the United States. But trust me, she was almost as popular and influential as Steve Jobs. Everyone called her the “female Steve Jobs” and she began wearing black turtleneck sweaters just like Steve Jobs. She succeeded in pulling off the biggest fraud ever in the history of Silicon Valley. A crime that would have given her the death penalty if she were in China. Let’s look at how this promising young “visionary” tech billionaire made it to the top until it all came crashing down.

Elizabeth Holmes was a school dropout at Stanford University. Before that, she had come up with a great idea that would change medical tests forever. Her idea was simple, a small machine that can run many blood tests with just a drop of blood and do it much cheaper than the normal cost. With a single drop of blood, she said she could detect medical conditions such as cancer and so on. She was so convinced that her idea would succeed that she had to drop out of Stanford University and start her company. At just 19 years old, she launched her company called Theranos, a company that would change the world of medical science. She was always driving around with bodyguards and expensive black Audi cars.

ELIZABETH HOLMES

Then she began to source for funds from influential billionaires such as Larry Ellison, founder of Oracle, Rupert Murdoch, and many others. She raised billions of dollars by convincing them that she has the technology to make it work. They all gave her lots and lots of money. Elizabeth Holmes began to attract lots of attention from the media. Forbes estimated her net worth to be over $4.5 billion, making her the richest self-made female billionaire in America. Her company Theranos was worth over $9 billion. She was named one of the most influential women in the world by Fortune magazine. She even employed her boyfriend and made him the president of the company and second in command.

Incredible!
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by generationz(f): 12:03am On Jan 26, 2019
Nbote:
How she was able to pull off dis scale of fraud with d public eye on her still baffles me.. She was using bottom power jare.. Becos it's obviously only bottom power dan can make a man not use his brain well

so the biggest male fraudsters in history also used bottom power abi

she obviously used something greater which has been proven over time by conmen to work on even the smartest people-
Appealing to the inner greed of people.

These rich men are the biggest con artist but its also easy to scam someone when he feels he is untouchable.
Pride goeth before a fall.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by generationz(f): 12:06am On Jan 26, 2019
TechCapon:
her intention was pure no doubt. The problem was that when it wasn't working, she should have said the truth instead of telling endless lies to cover it up.
Do you know how many billionaires who have gotten away with such things

she was probably just among the few unlucky ones. Maybe she didn't settle or silence the right people or took certain people for granted like the story of Barry minkow.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by TechCapon(m): 7:06am On Jan 26, 2019
generationz:

Do you know how many billionaires who have gotten away with such things

she was probably just among the few unlucky ones. Maybe she didn't settle or silence the right people or took certain people for granted like the story of Barry minkow.
you're right. Barry minkow is a serial fraudster. He's already in prison. I don't think it's easy to walk away from a fraud of this magnitude
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by okwabayi(m): 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
...and people say yahoo boys are bad.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by PaulAris: 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2019
dominique:
How come she was given only 20 years in jail while the ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff was given over 100 years? Her crime was greater imo. Not only did she swindle investors, she also endangered lives as well. She should have been sentenced to at least 50 years in prison
Benefit of being a lady
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by wman(m): 11:11am On Feb 06, 2019
I remember reading about this woman then.
Re: Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire by DexterousOne(m): 8:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
ITbomb:
I would like hear from her first.

For reputable investors to stake money means there were initial successes.

Maybe she stepped on the wrong toes and powerful forced brought her to her knees

Never underestimate western media when they want to pull you down at all cost

Techcapon didn't carry out the investigation, he just reported what he saw from the media

Her work was threatening an entire industry
Of course the "powers that be" would want to pull the rug off her feet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote & His Daughter Arrive Maiduguri, Welcomed By Govt Officials.Photos / When Was The Last Time You Saw Nigerian Coins? / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.