Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship (542 Views)

Labour Declares Nationwide Protest Over Hardship / Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) / South Africans React As Nigerian Man Threatens To Retaliate In Boko Haram Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by OrientDailyNews: 7:35am On Jan 25, 2019
By Olisemeka Obeche & Okechukwu Onuegbu

Cheta Obi Okoroafor, a 41-year-old bachelor who recently lost his job, has threatened to end his life over worsening dire strait and inability to meet his basic needs.

The Ngor Okpala Imo state-born man, who resides at Iju – Ishaga in Ifako-Ijaiye local government area of Lagos state, last Tuesday raised alarm over his deteriorating condition and his personal resolution to end his life. “I have had enough of life”, he wrote on his Facebook wall on January 21 at 11:15pm.

The message quickly sparked mixed reactions from Facebook friends who began to make frantic efforts to discourage him from terminating his life. When Orient Weekend contacted him on phone to inquire what was amiss, he claimed that he was in dire financial strait and unable to afford his basic needs due to lack of job.

“My problem is that I am broke and I don't have up to N100 in my account. My foodstuff is about to finish. I'm 41, jobless, unmarried and it hurts to think about it”, he disclosed.

“I need job to live again. If not, I wouldn't mind taking my life," he adds amidst sob, stressing that relatives and friends had abandoned him to his fate.

Okoroafor, who claimed to have worked as a sales officer at a Lekki, Lagos-based human resources management and consulting firm until last month, also claimed that he was an orphan, having lost both parents, and that he had three other siblings who were facing different challenges making them unable to assist him.

He, further, disclosed that life became unbearable to him after he left yet another job, a marketing and sales executive job, last December due to unfavourable work conditions. "I can't continue with former job due to harsh work conditions. I wanted to get a new job but things were not easy”, he said.

According to him, besides his experience as sales officer, he has other skills that can enable him survive including ability to become an employer of labour. “I'm jobless now but I can create a job for myself from my blog: www.cheta.com.ng. What is bordering (sic) me is that I don't have data to be putting content in my blog.”

Further investigations show that the 2004 graduate of Human Anatomy, University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers state, equally bagged National Diploma in Effective Communications and Writing Skills, National Institute of Journalism, (NIJ), Lagos in 2011 and had, since then worked with several companies and agencies, the most recent being the Lekki, Lagos job from where he allegedly resigned as Digital Marketer/Training Coordinator in December 2018.

Meanwhile, further investigations by this paper reveals that the January 21 suicide threat was not Okoroafor’s first claim of being in dire situation and attempt to end his life. On 4th November 2018, he had claimed in a Facebook post: “I have no friends to hang out with. I am not in a relationship. I am by my lonesome self. I desperately need company.”

On July 5, 2017 he had equally declared: “I have been complaining a lot about my state of singlehood or state of loneliness but now I blame myself for that. I never understood how to be friends with women/ladies. In fact, I don't have any female friends. I always thought that when a guy meets a girl they hit it off immediately (if you know what I mean). Some ladies just made me understand that isn't the way to relate with women.

“My ex even came out to reveal what really made her quit our relationship. I gave her false impressions, yet I never gave her any. Maybe she came up with such impressions or was expecting more from me. Well this is other guys like me, be friends with the ladies first and the one who really likes being in your company, the one who likes doing stuff with you will reveal herself. Happy love hunting!”

Earlier on July 4, 2017 he had revealed: “I just met her and now she might relocate to the east. Why am I so unlucky with love?!”

On June 10, 2017 he wrote on his Facebook wall: “Hmmmm........love keeps evading me! Lord direct the lady meant for me my way. Time has run out on me. I just can't figure out what I must do.”

And while replying to one of his Facebook friends, Queen Prisy Lagertha, who offered herself to him, he said, “nwanyi m ga alu nu? A nam acho nwanyi maka olulu.”

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/cover-story/man-threatens-commit-suicide-over/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44
Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by Fuckuignos(f): 7:37am On Jan 25, 2019
PDP can't be a credible opposition in a country of smart people after 16 yrs of failure & merciless stealing of public funds,except in NGR.

Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by youngest85(m): 7:38am On Jan 25, 2019
Goodbye
Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:43am On Jan 25, 2019
I blame buhari bad governance for the high rate of suicide cases in the last 3 years .

1 Like

Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by chinosike(m): 7:51am On Jan 25, 2019
HMMM I DONT EVEN UNDERTAND? PLS IS IT A LOV STORY OR SUICIDE WRITE UP
Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by GOFRONT(m): 7:55am On Jan 25, 2019
shocked

Let him Man up and do it.....aint nothing to it but do it....

Only weaklings have the time to drop some lines first...
Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by helinues: 7:57am On Jan 25, 2019
As if Nigeria hardship started 4 years ago
Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by Homeboiy: 8:00am On Jan 25, 2019
Story
Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by SalamRushdie: 8:01am On Jan 25, 2019
Fuckuignos:
PDP can't be a credible opposition in a country of smart people after 16 yrs of failure & merciless stealing of public funds,except in NGR.

so a country of smart people should re-elect the senile Dullard below ? you are not okay I swear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Y18fwd7Tw&feature=youtu.be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by Joshmodest(m): 8:01am On Jan 25, 2019
helinues:
As if Nigeria hardship started 4 years ago

it didn't start four years ago , but it experienced an exponential increase ...since 2015 ...
Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by SalamRushdie: 8:02am On Jan 25, 2019
in just 3 years Nigeria has become the poverty and suicide capital of the world under this fantastic dullard called Buhari
Re: Man Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Hardship by baliyubla: 8:03am On Jan 25, 2019
Suicide was alien to Nigerians until the Angel of death took over power. Yet some demons want him to continue. God forbid!

(1) (Reply)

To Your Tents O Israel. / ‘I Remain CJN’ – Onnoghen Insists / Atiku Will Win, Buhari's Integrity Is Fake - Obasanjo Read More: Https://www.leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.