Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges (19471 Views)

Charles Soludo: Court Issues Criminal Summons Against Ex-CBN Governor / How Did Dennis Agharya And ARDI Get Justice Onnoghen's Asset Declaration Form? / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by zomoears(m): 8:37am On Jan 25, 2019
Bluffly:

Let them be incorrupt, then no one can intimidate them

They preside over the temple of justice. It is only right that they do not have blemishes and their character not be in doubt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Enuose242(m): 8:37am On Jan 25, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Interesting tales

The judiciary is really messed up. Cases are delayed for years and declarations are manipulated due to bribery.

Judges are no longer sincere in their declarations. A lot is going wrong. And to think these people are the final hope of the people is a big tragedy.

What our President Buhari is asking for is not difficult.

Come up with your assets declaration. What and what do you have before assuming office and how much do you have now?

That's not difficult if you mean well for Nigeria and Nigerians as a whole.

You can't be a judge and have N400m in your account, you can't be a judge and have N1b in your account. What type of job are you doing? What kind of judgement are you passing? Is there any other job you do apart from being a judge?

These calls for concern and the President anti corruption campaign is transparent enough to see his intention yet the judges that should know better are the ones suppressing the effect.

Shame on bad judges. You can't use your power to kill the anti corruption campaign.

You can know the law but you're not above the law.

Rope is 50 Naira per yard... if you can’t afford it give me your address ama deliver it my self...

4 Likes

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Blakjewelry(m): 8:37am On Jan 25, 2019
all public government workers who have worked more than 10 years should declare their asset and the cct should forward same to the efcc for proper scrutiny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by shachris02: 8:38am On Jan 25, 2019
Bluffly:

There is nothing like take over. The Judges are dirty. If they can remain clean one can intimidate them.

and the politicians are clean? which civil servant is clean? Is the CCT Judge clean? Is Buhari Clean? or is it Tinubu?

4 Likes

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Bluffly: 8:39am On Jan 25, 2019
SalamRushdie:

well when Atiku is sworn in we will tackle corruption in the Judiciary from day one and not wait till election like Buhari
Don't trust politicians who thinks it is their throne.
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Speedyconnect15: 8:39am On Jan 25, 2019
Useless APC.

Apc has no sense i swear.

These are judges. They will go to court to challenge and vacate it.

Fellow judges will be there and will grant it.

The senseless APC will go back to wail.

Can't they predict outcome of an event.

Imagine filing a criminal charge against a serving Attorney General, when by S. 174 and 211 of the constitution, an Attorney General can stop any case in any court no matter the offence -- be it treason, murder etc.

The AG will just stop his case.

And no court can question him. This is law not literature.

Ask questions if you have.

1 Like

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Bluffly: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2019
shachris02:

and the politicians are clean? which civil servant is clean? Is the CCT Judge clean? Is Buhari Clean? or is it Tinubu?
It will start from somewhere and somehow someday, trap go catch hunter too

1 Like

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Teddy01: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2019
shachris02:
It has started.

They want to take over the judiciary.

This is the current state of Turkey right now.

The biggest mistake Nigerians would make ever is to bring back buhari.

We funny shay; does it mean once you are a CJN you are above the law? What is required here is simply to defend his self satisfactorily, after which if there are unjustness noticed you can start throwing side comments.

1 Like

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by airminem(f): 8:40am On Jan 25, 2019
Go on and lick their boots so they can stomp all over you though. But keep in mind, that sort of boot licking breeds corruption of varying degrees
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by AfroBlue(m): 8:40am On Jan 25, 2019
them swear oath of office to the federal republic, not relentless judicial case postponements, and bulging bank accounts.

http://www.commonlii.org/ng/legis/num_act/oa79/

JUDICIAL OATH

I........ swear that in the service of my country in the office of ............................... .
1. I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria at all times.
2. I will well and truly exercise the judicial functions entrusted to me and will do right to all manner of people in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as by law established and in accordance with the laws and usage of the Federal Republic of Nigeria without fear or favour, affection or ill-will.
3. I will always place service to the nation above all selfish interests, realising that a public office is a public trust.
4. I will always perform my judicial duties diligently and efficiently and will not engage or be involved in any activity in conflict either directly or indirectly with this pledge.
5. I will, in the performance of my judicial duties, eschew corruption in all its facets.
6. I will always follow the path of justice, honesty and concord amongst all the people of Nigeria in all I do. So help me God.

So help me God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Babacele: 8:41am On Jan 25, 2019
jaggedboi:
Its looking like the Federal Government is trying to send a message to all Judges as it seems after the elections we will be having the "ELECTION TRIBUNALS".
Give any how verdict, and make sure your assets declaration is correct.
I just sidon dey watch cool smiley cool smiley cool
correct and to tell them if u or your family members collect any bribe from any politician you would be exposed. I am happy that Transmission and Daura are gone for I don't trust them to follow this new plan through.
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by shachris02: 8:41am On Jan 25, 2019
Bluffly:

It will start from somewhere and somehow someday, trap go catch hunter too

the politicians should start from themselves. It begins with you...not with others...that's' witch hunting.

Clear the log from your eye first.

The CCT judge should as a matter of fact publish his asset declaration forms for all the years he's been in civil service.

1 Like

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Bluffly: 8:44am On Jan 25, 2019
shachris02:

the politicians should start from themselves. It begins with you...not with others...that's' witch hunting.

Clear the log from your eye first.

The CCT judge should as a matter of fact publish his asset declaration forms for all the years he's been in civil service.

Witch hunting is only an English term. Like I said support and you will see there'll be a mathematics that will fish out the CCT chairman to show his, but if you want everything in the Saga quenched, corruption will be further stamped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 25, 2019
The reason is simple...those who would replace them after their suspension are already pegged down and currently undergoing warming up and jugging . They'd be the stooges to the apc when the election rigging case is brought before them so they could declare judgement in favour of buhari. Watch out for the episode 2 of this matter. I said onoghen would be eventually suspended a few days ago and some people said no way! If you grew up to see buhari ruin the juridical system in his favour in the 80s, you wouldn't think less of what's happening now. Unfortunately, he's doing the same even under a democratic system and people are just looking like mumu. Where are the activists and human rights lawyers since our national assembly members have been rendered useless? Have they gone to sleep?
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by shachris02: 8:55am On Jan 25, 2019
Bluffly:

Witch hunting is only an English term. Like I said support and you will see there'll be a mathematics that will fish out the CCT chairman to show his, but if you want everything in the Saga quenched, corruption will be further stamped

Corruption shouldn't be used as a tool to entrench tyranny. That's what's happening in Turkey. Nigerians should not be deceived.

If you want to fight corruption, fight it holistically, not when it suits you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by Kcfile11: 9:01am On Jan 25, 2019
Thank you for waking up from your slumber
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by drlateef: 9:13am On Jan 25, 2019
shachris02:
It has started.

Thieves are wailing. Only thieves will wail at this news.
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by rusher14: 9:14am On Jan 25, 2019
You can see those that love corruption above.

Without corruption they would never survive.

Idiots.
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by shachris02: 9:14am On Jan 25, 2019
drlateef:

Thieves are wailing. Only thieves will wail at this news.

and only zombies would applaud intimidation of the judiciary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by blackboy(m): 9:15am On Jan 25, 2019
Govt officials nahh only judges they see
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by drlateef: 9:16am On Jan 25, 2019
shachris02:

Corruption shouldn't be used as a tool to entrench tyranny. That's what's happening in Turkey. Nigerians should not be deceived.

If you want to fight corruption, fight it holistically, not when it suits you.

If PDP had fought corruption even partially at least Buhari will not have much to fight again. When Buhari leaves, charge him to court if you find him corrupt. That's easy. Therefore, stop wailing.

3 Likes

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by blackboy(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2019
Police officers , army chiefs , senators, etc go after them. It's post office 2019 loading
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by femmy2010(m): 9:21am On Jan 25, 2019
shachris02:
It has started.

Lol asking for asset to be declared as requested by the law has made it a BUHARI Wrong ? Haba , use your brain now .
If this is the reasoning of the youths and future leaders of our nation then I AM SAD .

1 Like

Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by cardoctor(m): 9:24am On Jan 25, 2019
All the judges will go to jail be dat.
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by rottennaija(m): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2019
NurseJay:
Why now?

When would have been good
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by DerrickzB: 9:33am On Jan 25, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Interesting tales

The judiciary is really messed up. Cases are delayed for years and declarations are manipulated due to bribery.

Judges are no longer sincere in their declarations. A lot is going wrong. And to think these people are the final hope of the people is a big tragedy.

Come up with your assets declaration. What and what do you have before assuming office and how much do you have now?

You can't be a judge and have N400m in your account, you can't be a judge and have N1b in your account. What type of job are you doing? What kind of judgement are you passing? Is there any other job you do apart from being a judge?

These calls for concern and the President anti corruption campaign is transparent enough to see his intention yet the judges that should know better are the ones suppressing the effect.

Shame on bad judges. You can't use your power to kill the anti corruption campaign.

Hehehe.. has ur president buhari declared his own assets?? Let's not turn blind eye to his own side please. And please do not mention he is fighting corruption because we all know he isn't.. since 2015, na weeks to d election d corruption reach am abi.
Re: Asset Declaration: CCT Serves Mass Summons Against Judges by RevenGeMission: 9:33am On Jan 25, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Interesting tales

Brainy comment. But some. Idiots just won't see it that way

Someone had a case, a victim of circumstance or maybe it's village people, either way the guy was arrested by mopol securing abere, Osun state, they forced the guy to turn towards ataoja police station beside jamb office, that was when the guy saw the dead body the mopols claimed he killed

VIO, FRSC, drove the guy's vehicle on ramp, zero dent was found on or under the vehicle whereas the man who man who was killed and his motorcycle was mangled literally

The guy's father seeing the report on the vehicle refused to settle police, after one week in police custody, the guy was taken to court where he was remanded for "not showing sign of remorse"

3 days in ilésà prison guy's father was lobbying for a way out

Here's where I'm coming

The presiding judge (during PDP's administration in Osun) demanded for 350k to discharge and acquit the guy!!!!

Eventually bail condition was met after 7 days in prison, the guy was released and asked to keep coming to court, the case was adjourned thrice

PDP lost power is Osun, at the first sitting the new judge read the reports, police ipò hasn't been showing up in court, the judge was very pissed, why would anyone remand the guy when there's no evidence of crime, the case was struck out, guy discharged and acquitted

That's just a case of victim of circumstance , Nigerian judges are ready to sell judgement, it's their side hustle, they bill you if you are innocent or guilty, no conscience whatsoever

Anyone blaming or protesting cct or Buhari for fighting corruption starting with CJN. That person or people should be shot and killed immediately

2 years ago, judges were arrested with foreign currencies that they can't explain the source

Another is standing trial for $700k scam

Another one has bank standard safe in his house loaded with millions of currencies, he claimed to be selling rice, but has no farm or import / export documents

Current CJN forgot he had $600k+ €450k+ 52 houses and recently over 900M discovered in other accounts linked by BVN. And some bastards are saying Buhari is intimidating judges

May those who blame cct or Buhari for tackling justices meet horrible and untimely death

Nigeria must be rid of corruption everywhere, no matter how powerful the perpetrators are

Several innocent Nigerians are in prison because of corrupt judges, they have no hope because they can't settle

This must stop

cc @DaBullIT

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Becomes Jagunmolu Of Ibadanland / Edo APC Ex-Chairman Ojezua, 18 LGA Chairmen, Others Defect To PDP / Videos From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.