Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

When Did You Become You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When Did You Become You? (594 Views)

When Did You Made You Post Number 666 In Nairaland? And What Was It? / When Did Humans Become Ashamed Of The Body / When Did Secret Cultism Enter Nigerian Secondary Schools? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did You Become You? by Tingles(m): 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2010
Many people believe that the daily experiences of individuals moulds them into whoever they are, some others believes that personalty develops in the childhood years. I've seen babies that doesn't smile grow up to be sadists, bre .a.st biters grow up to be wicked and firstborns grow up to be kind hearted. . .I believe we've been preprogrammed to be who we are at birth. What do you think? When did you become you?

1 Like

Re: When Did You Become You? by emorse(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2010
I was gonna slam you saying it was a stupid question but I read on and and you said first borns are usually kind hearted. Now I'm thinking "could this be true"? I guess I'll have to carry out a survey. Well as for me, I've been this way for as long as I remember - childhood perhaps.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Become You? by Dolemite(f): 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2010
I don't agree that we were preprogrammed, we get our personalities from childhood experiences and the people we grow around. . .
Re: When Did You Become You? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2010
@poster
each and every different experiences that we encounter on a daily basis make us evolve into who we are today.all your experiences from child birth to 1yr old made you the person you were at your first birthday and so forth.
the "you" at 1 is a different "you" at 2yrs old etc.

if we were preprogrammed then all these experiences were also preprogrammed to happen when they did.
Re: When Did You Become You? by Tingles(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2010
@MrBrown Probably.

My sister and I had the same childhood experiences, we grew up in a house where nobody knows how to do it right, I chose to be better at whatever dad complained about, she stopped trying. Our responses to a common problem differs.
Re: When Did You Become You? by heroarams(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2010
What you become? Next to life itself, the power to choose is your greatest gift. Your choice in different experiences in life shapes you.
We are not merely a productne our past or our genes;the way people treat us unarguably influence us, but don't determine us. Hence, we are by no way preprogrammed, if we were life would be so boring.
Re: When Did You Become You? by iice(f): 4:34am On Aug 18, 2010
Age 7.
Re: When Did You Become You? by Tingles(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2010
@iice
What happened at age 7?
Re: When Did You Become You? by iice(f): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2010
I became who I am. Not programmed, unless the universe released some cosmic dust on me grin

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Banking Job For Ond Holders Closing Mid Night Today, 20th Aug, 2010 / Pls Read This,act Now,become A Millionaire / Eternity: Very Urgent(please Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.